rFactor 2 Round 1 Australia Albert Park - Sun Sep 17, 2023

Discussion in 'Aptora Formula 1 2023 Championship Closed' started by John vd Geest, Jul 29, 2023.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

aptora 5.jpg

F1 banner 1.1.jpg

Formula Hybrid-22 Trailer

F101.1.png WELCOME TO ROUND 1 AUSTRALIA ALBERT PARK

The Albert Park Circuit is a motorsport street circuit around Albert Park Lake in the suburb of Albert Park in Melbourne. It is used annually as a circuit for the Formula One Australian Grand Prix, the supporting Supercars Championship Melbourne SuperSprint and other associated support races. The circuit has an FIA Grade 1 license

The circuit uses everyday sections of road that circle Albert Park Lake, a small man-altered lake (originally a large lagoon formed as part of the ancient Yarra River course) just south of the Central Business District of Melbourne. The road sections that are used were rebuilt before the inaugural event in 1996 to ensure consistency and smoothness. As a result, compared to other circuits that are held on public roads, the Albert Park track has quite a smooth surface. Before 2007 there existed only a few other places on the Formula 1 calendar with a body of water close to the track. Many of the new tracks, such as Valencia, Singapore and Abu Dhabi are close to a body of water.

F1 2023 Albert Park official result
    Result Albert Park.jpg

SUNDAY, 2023 APRIL 2 – RACE WEATHER
    Conditions
    : Likely dry and partial cloudy during the race, although light southerly wind is expected throughout the day.
    Maximum temperature expected: 19 Celsius
    Minimum temperature expected: 10 Celsius
    No rain

The Evolution of Albert Park: The Brand New F1® Australian Grand Prix Circuit

What's Changed at Albert Park: The Brand New F1® Australian Grand Prix Circuit - Episode 2

Albert Park's New High-Speed Straight: The Brand New F1® Australian Grand Prix Circuit - Episode 3

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  2. John vd Geest

The server will go up this Saturday August 26.

• Like Like x 4
  3. John vd Geest

Server is up.png

• Like Like x 3
  4. John vd Geest

LiveRacers (for Live Timing) will be closing down for commercial reasons as of August 28 2023.

I have a temporary solution where I will periodically upload a practise result page from the server where you can see what other drivers are doing.
    But that will just be from one practice session. Not an overall timing list of all times ever driven.
    A small benefit of that is, that you will be able to see "all" the drivers times who were in that practise session, in stead of just the top 3.
    But there have to be people driving, otherwise there's nothing to show.

As for now, for future reference, Robin Taylor set the fastest time:
    Date: August 27
    Time: 1.19.983
    Topspeed: 304.6 km/h

Last edited: Aug 27, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Yes I was reading about that some time ago. That’s a huge pity as it was used by so many people.

I was looking at various solutions (more out of geeky interest than anything) if I spot something that might help I’ll let you know but the main problem with most of them was you needed to be a bit of a coder to make them work, whereas I’m guessing with liveracers you just pointed it at the server and let it do it’s thing.

6. John vd Geest

Cool, thanks for keeping an eye out!

7. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Race lap record 1:20.235 ( Sergio Pérez, Red Bull RB19, 2023, F1)

8. John vd Geest

Standing start and first corner ...

I would like to urge everybody to practise the standing start in a field of 19 AI's so you can anticipate the first corner and the harmonica effect and repeat that 7 or 8 times.

Place yourself where you think you will qualify (in my case in the middle of the field) and practise braking in time with situational awareness of what's going on around you.
    Remember that we are on 100% damage and the front and/or rear wing and everything else can be damaged in an instance.
    It's no fun sitting in the pits for repairs on lap 1 and then having to play catch-up for the rest of the race.

Here are some examples of making a mess:
    https://can't show it herewww.youtube.com/watch?v=8_OlF6zcdpU&ab_channel=FORMULA1

Last edited: Sep 10, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  9. Michael LaBelle

Michael LaBelle Pro Driver

Saturday I will be in the eye of Hurricane Lee, a CAT1. Gust to 120km/h and water. Hope every thing holds together. There will be power outages so I sit and wait to see if I will have electricity. If I don't confirm my race it will be because I am sitting in the dark.
    I suggest you start practicing Johnny unless you to are in the storms path also. I don't have much faith in there being power on Sunday.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2023
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. Lorne Martin

Lorne Martin Pro Driver

Canada sure is getting hit hard this year. Stay safe

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. John vd Geest

If you don't confirm on race day, I will only unregister you for round one.
    Hope you pull through alright!

12. Michael LaBelle

Michael LaBelle Pro Driver

I should weather the storm in comfort. My friend across the road came over to remind me to stock up on beer. It is the trees and building that take a beating

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Karl Strouhal

Karl Strouhal Pro Driver

I have unregistered from the entire series as I realize I have to many conflicting commitments and I do not want to deny someone else the opportunity to compete for the championship. I apologize for the late withdrawal. there are a few rounds where I would like to be on-stand-by as a reserve. Best of luck to everyone.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2023
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. John vd Geest

Heads up

Tomorrow, don't forget to confirm that you will race, also goes for the red-lights.
    I will put up a special thread tomorrow where you can do this.

15. John vd Geest

[​IMG]

Drivers briefing

1. All 7 events of this series will be broadcasted
    Broadcast team: EithaRacingTeam
    Broadcasters: Lorenzo, Sameer & Ricardo
    Twitch broadcast link: https://www . twitch . tv / eitharacing (delete the spaces)
    Or go to the headlines on top of the homepage on race day.

2. Albert Park event Conditions
    1) The race will start at 02:00 PM (in-game time of course)
    2) Time acceleration is normal. Fuel and Tires are set to normal.
    3) Cut Track points are set to 10
    4) 100% damage
    5) You have to change to a different tire compound (soft/medium/hard) at least once during the race.
    6) This event has a Formation lap with a standing start

3. Real F1 Raceday weather conditions apply
    We will simulate, as best as the server allows, the weather conditions as they were at the actual F1 event.

4. Qualification procedure
    1) You do not have to start the race on the same tire that you qualify with.
    2) The Qual time will be 15 minutes in total.
    3) Chat is not allowed during Qual.

5. The use of the Esc. key in Qualification
    Use of the Esc key during Qualifying is the equivalent of stopping your car and getting out. This may be done only in your pit stall. There are very few exceptions to this rule. Here are the only two we will currently consider. These exceptions are subject to change at any time:
    1. You run out of fuel in pit lane before reaching your pit stall.
    2. You sustain damage to your car as a result of another driver and cannot make it back to your pit stall. You must prove your qualifying session was wrecked by another driver and that you made an attempt to return to pit lane.

If you use the Esc key in any location other than your pit stall, your Qualifying session is over and you may not return to the track.

6. You can find the password for the race server on the Albert Park event page.

7. You can find the server by first typing sro

8. Unregistering in time if you can't make it.

9. Please use the
    same name in the rFactor 2 game as on our signup list or it won't match in our automated result processing.

10. If you plan to PROTEST another driver, you have to wait 24 hours counting from the end of the race.
    Any protest filed before that time will be viewed as not received. You can find the rules about submitting a protest here.

Last but not least ... SIMRACINGONLINE wishes you a great race!

If you have questions, please ask them below.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2023
  16. John vd Geest

ON RACEDAY September 17, YOU HAVE TO CONFIRM THAT YOU WILL DRIVE

You can confirm you will drive today in this thread.

Green and red light drivers who do not confirm will be taken off the signup list.
    You have the whole day to confirm, UNTILL 17:00 GMT, 2 hours before qual starts at 19:00 GMT.

I will notify the red light driver who has moved up to green in a private post that he/she can take a specific F1 car from a specific F1 team.

The server password will be changed 1,5 hours before qual.

Exception:
    You can of course unregister for a specific event in advance and join the series again in a later round.

17. John vd Geest

DRIVERS / TEAMS LIST FOR ALBERT PARK

Alfa Romeo
    [​IMG]
    #24 Kostas Kantzouras
    #77 (Phil Pitzer = out for R1) / Stephen Wenham = temp R1
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Alpha Tauri

[​IMG]
    #21 Gilles da'Silva
    #22 Paulo Rodrigues
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Alpine

[​IMG]
    #10 (Michael LaBelle = temp R1)
    #31 (Taner Selvi = temp R1)
    Aston Martin

[​IMG]
    #14 Cem Celik
    #18 Ulas Gungor
    McLaren

[​IMG]
    #4 Phil Brown
    #81 Daniel Kristow
    Mercedes

[​IMG]
    #44 Robin Taylor
    #63 Nick Westy
    Haas

[​IMG]
    (#20 Mark Hightree = out for R1) / Johnny Gutierrez = temp R1
    #27 Tim Cartwright
    Red Bull

[​IMG]
    #1 Daniel Iordache = temp R1
    #11 Marius Iordache = temp R1
    Ferrari

[​IMG]
    #16 Rocco Mina
    #55 Lorne Martin
    Williams

[​IMG]
    #02 John van der Geest
    #23 Toni Talvitie

Last edited: Sep 17, 2023
  18. Tim Cartwright

Tim Cartwright Pro Driver

@John vd Geest In one of the original posts for the series I think you mentioned using two tyre compounds during the race. In the above briefing it states no mandatory pit stops, does this mean tyre/pit strategy is totally free?

Looking forward to later just don't turn the rain on :).

19. John vd Geest

No, sorry I didn't mean that. F1 rules still apply.
    You have to change to a different tire compound at least once. I will adjust that in the briefing.

• Like Like x 1
  20. John vd Geest

Race password has been set.