rFactor 2 Round 1 Autodrome Most - Weekend

Discussion in 'SRO Multiclass Group C & Flat 6 Closed' started by John vd Geest, Mar 8, 2018.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

For round 1 we will be using Autodrome Most - Weekend version (with chicane).

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  2. John vd Geest

The AI is insanely fast here :)

3. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Who says the default AI % is correct? ;)

4. John vd Geest

Some more drivers for this series would be nice.
    The Group C is a bit hardcore and for the sim fanatics, but the GT3 Porsche flat 6 is a easier car to drive and will provide some exciting racing.
    Also the GT3 is really easy to setup because almost all settings are fixed by default. You drive it basically as it is. And it drives fantastic.

Soooooo ... Let's give this series a boost and sign up guys !!!

https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/racing/seriesinfo/61

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ricardo Gomes

Ricardo Gomes Pro Driver

I won't make this race, have few time on my hands know..
    I'll try to make it, but if I do i'll go with the GT3 class.. it won't require setup and less practice

6. John vd Geest

understood. Hope to see you if you can.;)

7. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Was hoping to still do this race but thinking again getting up at 01:30am might be a bit to much as having to drive for my first delivery in the home of Ken Jagger which is about a 4+ hour drive.

Really sad as i like driving these cars and hopefully would of been on the pace with the top guys.

See you all at round 2 Zhuhai.

8. Tom Lebeuf

Tom Lebeuf Pro Driver

I wouldn't underestimate the Porsche Cup car. Due to low Group C numbers, I switched to a cup car during practice and it was a handful... Haha

• Like Like x 1
  9. Nick Phillips

Nick Phillips Pro Driver

Yay rage quit :p:)

Got screwed over at the start with a drive thru for lapping the field apparently. As did Toni. Plus being put a lap down.

Then I got pinged for speeding and then I spun into T1.

^*,^^£,^€%$_;, It.

10. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

allmost did the same.. i understand the stop and go ok but putting lap behind was stupid.
    it cant be so?!?!

well got mad and lapped everyone so i won!

i pushed gas after last corner when that pace car went to pits because when i did that indy event, and started from pole,
    never had the green gogogogo and got passed by 2 cars so something stupid going on here too.

11. Nick Phillips

Nick Phillips Pro Driver

Well done.

I was too tired to contemplate 90 minutes a nearly two laps down so that was that.

Also realise I cannot make Rounds 2 and 5 either so having looked forward to the series feels frustrating to say the least.

12. John vd Geest

The way the server was setup for the start clearly didn't work.
    I will ask Nigel to setup the server for a normal standing start. Then we will do a formationlap and start at the last corner. That way we won't have that problem again.

• Like Like x 1
  13. John vd Geest

As there were only 2 Group C in the field, me and Tom teleported over to the GT3 class just before qualification. So now it was a all GT3 car race.
    I was a bit dissapointed not to drive the Mazda as I had practised some 2 hours with it in totall. Where were the Group C guys? Come on, if you're not gonna show up, atleast unregister from the event so others Group C drivers know what's going on! Only 2 bothered to unregister.

Well, the GT3 was good fun too. I had a pretty good race :)

14. Nick Phillips

Nick Phillips Pro Driver

It works fine as we have proven in the IndyCar series. The problem was the instruction to go at the final corner. If we had been more side by side and waited for the game to say go then no issue.

Obviously the unexpected double whammy did not help at all. But the system works if people follow it.

15. John vd Geest

Understand, but I think it's better to do a normal formationlap and start at the last corner. That way no one gets penalties and it's basically the same principle.

16. John vd Geest

Video highlights review of the race. Enjoy :)

• Like Like x 4
  17. Mark Hightree

Mark Hightree Administrator Staff Member Donator

Thanks for the memories John. Congrats on the win Flaviu. These cars are exciting and I had an intense race with Flaviu and John in the first half. Then I shot myself in the foot when I got busted for speeding in pits. That blew my podium chances. Still had fun chasing Xavier and got within 4-5 seconds. Too bad about Group C class but we will have good racing in these cars and I look forward to next race.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

First of all, it was another bad luck, my luck. Sorry @Toni Talvitie and @Nick Phillips for your unfortunate start of the race.
    Thank you for a great race @John vd Geest and @Mark Hightree. It was a full race fight (one of my hardest race) and I must say it is MUCH harder to be in front with two BIG hunters waiting for your's mistakes than I thought :).
    I apologize to all for any mistake I made during this very tough race.
    Great video, as always, John.

19. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Grats to my FKR team mates !! well done Flaviu P1 :)!! & also Xavier for the top 5 finish !! well done guys !!
    To bad about the C class .. :(
    That said ,I always wanted to do a mobile cup style PCC champ ,I think these flat6 cars would work good for that & drivers seem to like them ..
    I hope to make the next one as Im almost over this sickness :eek:o_O:mad:

• Like Like x 2
  20. Tom Lebeuf

Tom Lebeuf Pro Driver

I was initially disappointed at not running Group C but damn that Flat 6 is amazing. It is lively and is certainly not simple to drive. At about the 70 min mark I got mentally fatigued and began making stupid mistakes. Forgot to blip the throttle and BOOM, spinout. Did that several times sadly.
    Honestly I am just happy not to ruin anyones race because I was vaguely familiar with the car, and had never turned a lap at thus circuit before. Great group of guys here.

• Like Like x 3