Automobilista Round 1 Azerbeijan

Discussion in 'Taking it to The Streets Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jorge Herrera

Jorge Herrera Pro Driver

I got that into the server; and the game doesn’t let me go to the track... Someone know what is that?

Attached Files:

3. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

You have the track update?

4. Ken Jagger

Make sure you DL the latest version of the track which was updated last Monday.

5. Jorge Herrera

Jorge Herrera Pro Driver

I have the 1.1 version. The server let me go to the track except in that moment... It shown a message and a countdown about something related with a tow... but I never seen nothing like that into ams so I asked just in case it would be something specificly related with the track or the mod...

6. Ken Jagger

It's all working normally for me. Did this happen only once or all the time?

7. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

If you want to have better definition in your mirrors then stick the attached file into your Automobilista\GameData\Vehicles\BMW_E92GTR\PRO2 folder :)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  8. Luis Almeida

Luis Almeida Atlantic Team Manager

The late physiotherapy sessions are being hard, did too many practice laps today, as I didn't practiced much before. Thus, the fatigue caused me to make too many mistakes in race, decided to retire, it was being more similar to hell than fun.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. Fabricio Lourenço

Fabricio Lourenço Pro Driver

It was not the race I wanted, but overall it was very good:)
    I liked the car a lot, had to adapt to it, I was very confident:cool:
    I got the pole with my best time of all pratices

but........:D
    my game crash at the end of the first lap:mad: .... the luck is that it was in a straight lineo_O
    after that I lost concentration, I made several mistakes, even at the end.:oops:
    but that's it, I still insisted on the first victory here at SRO:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 3
  10. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

Sorry to hear Luis, I also wonder what happend to Paul, he had P2 secured but it seemed he opted to retire.Congrats to Csaba, who dominated the race in an impressive manner.

My race was interesting, had a solid start and made some pressure on Ramon until I thi the inside curb on turn 16 too hard. That cost me Ramon slip stream. He made than an error bringing me in front of him. But at some point I really lost the confidence I had before in the brakes. Strange, maybe the tyre deg or the brakes getting too hot. Then Paul caught up and overtook me after a while, but also Ramon and Fabricio closed in on me. At some point I was also worried that Ed could storm pass me, because he got closer second by second. Good race mate ;)

In the closing stages Ramon was right to the tail of my car on the start finish straight, so I know that he will try a lunge. He did but he overcooked it a bit on the brakes, as well as I did. So at this point we both could be happy to continue, then the last lap and I was too late on the brakes into turn one at slided into the wall. Sorry to the guys behind, you couldn´t avoid me. But I think it is ok, because they overtook me and we all could continue. Then Frabricio tried hard too pass Ramon, but he couldn´t do it. He hit then the exit curb at turn 16 too hard and that gave me the opportunity to beat him to the line. Good race guys. In the end I´m just happy to see the flag, these walls here are unforgiving. Even better to get on to the podium, even this is very fortunate.

Let´s see what the other street courses hold for us ^^ Oh and on thing, Ramon seems to be the only one who is driving a car without a rear wing. I wonder if that is just visual or if it has an impact on the peformance.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Ken Jagger

I think I saw flames coming out of the car hood where he was stopped after T1.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Jorge Herrera

Jorge Herrera Pro Driver

It only happened once... weird right?

About my race... I'm happy to have finished the race in one piece... if you know want I mean... :oops:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Ramon Llupart

Ramon Llupart Pro Driver Donator

Nice race all, particularly Csaba. :cool:

This car is quite unpredictable, so I think maybe we can see some crazy results in this series.

About my race, well after Fabricio explanation now I know what happened to him in the main straight, I just saw him go to the left and his car momentarily disappeared. :eek:

I had great battles with Philipp and then after my braking error with Ken, Paul and Fabricio. The car is nice but I really struggle to manage downshifting, particularly from 3rd to 2nd gear, I lost the rear of the car many times. :confused:

Last two laps were desperate because it was quite clear Philipp had some issues with his tyres/brakes, so I had to attack him also because Fabricio was just behind me and he was faster than both of us. Tried a desperate move in the main straight wich ended with my car against the wall and a flatspot tyre, but Philipp was really struggling at this point and even with my ruined front left tyre I had to try the pass again at the same corner. Unfortunately he lost the rear and I couldn't avoid the touch, anyway sorry about that.

My conclusion is that I had a lack of raw speed, both in qualifying and in the race, but had a better tyre (or even brakes) management that helped me in the last laps of the race. Seems like there will be a lot of close battles with the M3, so looking forward to the next one! :p

• Like Like x 3
  14. Ken Jagger

Agree! The same thing with both Ed and myself. Increasing the default diff Preload from 2 to 4 seemed to fix it, but as the rear tyres wore which they do quicker than the fronts, it returned, which made consistent braking difficult for me but not for others it seems??

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Qualification
    Waiting for the pit lane lights to turn green the car behind got impatient and rammed me, damaging my rear. Only found this out on my first flying lap when I went through the fast double left handers and lost control. If that car wanted to go out before the green light the pit lane was really wide so why ram me. Also technically you press Escape when you weren't in your pit box. Got back to the pits but by now I was driving angry and on my next flying lap I lost it again. So no time set. Disaster. :(

Race
    Got a good start and managed to overtake a number of cars. But then a spin and another spin. Through practice I was really struggling to get any feeling in this car and this showed in those first few laps. Although I hit many walls I didn't damage the car too badly even though braking was now difficult so I had to modify my braking points to compensate. Finally found a good rhythm and began to make head way. Surprisingly I managed to get up to 2nd place. Then disaster with 5 minutes to go and going into T1 my engine blew. Have to say I was a bit depressed about that after such a good fight back from flat last after the first couple of laps.

Well done Csaba. :)

Not sure I like these cars not because of what happened at the end of the race but because I don't feel like the car is attached to the road surface. See you at the next event :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Ken Jagger

Sorry Paul I was the culprit here. :( I thought I saw green lights and tried to drive around you because I thought you may not have noticed, but hit you in the attempt. Then I saw the timer was still at 10:09. I ESC because technically Qual hadn't started.

17. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

No problem :)