Round 1 Barcelona City Streets - Fri Jan 15, 2021

Discussion in 'Best Fantasy Tracks Series Closed' started by John vd Geest, Dec 16, 2020.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

SRO default 07.jpg

WELCOME TO BARCELONA CITY STREETS

Last edited: Dec 19, 2020
  2. John vd Geest

3. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Working whole weekend.

4. John vd Geest

Server is up.
    I changed servers. Looks like this one does work, so we're good to go.

5. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

I'm glad you got it fixed John ;)

6. John vd Geest

Noooooo, you fixed it. I just told them we're running on a different server now :)

7. Ronny Hauser

Ronny Hauser Pro Driver

Hey guys, just saying sorry for the small rear-ender (i think in the second lap, my mistake).

Also, I don't want to blame my performance on it, but quite often I lost controls for a couple seconds. Has someone else experienced this, too?

Cheers, have a nice weekend!

8. John vd Geest

Jari Laakkonen, can you please sign up for Barcelona, otherwise I can't process the results. You're not on the signup list.

9. Filip Stoyanovich

Filip Stoyanovich Pro Driver

Ohhhoh it still hurts, what a race hahhah Congratulations John! Such a mistake not to race this... That was great stuff from everyone and with the track pretty bumpy, and those couple of slippery tiled areas... there was plenty of time to mess up so I didn't want to loose what I had. Need to be careful on throttle and brakes, especially jumping over those curbs. Tricky following someone in the last fast section. I got a good run on John during the last lap but the tires wouldn't hold. Left rear was under great load in those fast corners, easy to slide and the punishment was there. Red tire with 10 minutes to go pfff wasn't really sure if I should pit or not, so I just waited for John in front to make a move. It was obviously a better idea not to pit and stretch it to the end. Some time is surely lost in those final laps but nothing horrible.

10. John vd Geest

I was going to risk it, like all or nothing LOL. When I came over the finish, only the right front was still yellow. All the rest was red but the tires lasted.
    Was actually thinking that you backed off to save your tires for a final attack in the last laps so I kept pushing to maintain a little gap.

I was actually lucky to win. I hit the wall twice pretty hard as I was daydreaming and forgot where I was on track.
    The car is a blast to drive and so was the circuit. Well done on the work you did Filip.

• Winner Winner x 2
  11. John vd Geest

Sorry, but you had to be disqualified from the event because you were not on the signup list and that was blocking the result process.

12. Sim Racing Online

Sim Racing Online Administrator Staff Member Donator

Racing in an SRO event without registering can result in a site ban. Do not enter our events without registering even if you have access to the server.

13. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

I hadn't had much practice but, thanks to @Filip Stoyanovich's setup and his tour around the track in the last 10mins of practice, I managed to pick up some pace for qualy although still a second and half slower than @John vd Geest! This is a very tricky track to go fast and, without a reference in front, I was a few seconds slower... :eek:
    The race started well for me. I managed to take the tail of John or Filip and, after the unfortunate incident that @Maxime Tendil had, I managed to follow John and Filip for a good 10 laps (that was quite stressful) until I lost a second or two and that was enough to get back to my slow mode... Thank goodness I had already accumulated enough advantage to keep P3... Congrats to John and Filip and looking forward to the next race.
    The race video avoids boring you with that slow part of the race but the beginning is quite intense. Hope you enjoy it!
    Video as usual:

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Csaba Lako

Csaba Lako Pro Driver

Nice driving!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

I was sleeping until about 1/4h before the race start, never got in such a rush to take part of an event, was taking my gloves 12 seconds before last red light, forgot to pull off 1 top clothe.. I was warmed up in a couple laps then !
    That was a very crappy race here yesterday. First I'm sorry @John vd Geest for not having let you the room I thought in this 1st lap. I had a tad too much space at my right for Filip and lacked a bit at my left for you.
    As you all saw, I spun in that grip-stressful section of the track, a bit of a shame as I never had had any problem there in practice.. But all in all, I just couldn't have made a good race as I came to conclusion from my practice sessions that 1 stop would be necessary because of the tyres. I was plain wrong, even if the end of the race looked to be rock&roll for you guys, but a stop isn't worthy, I'm now sure ! :D
    Sorry also @Tom Fowler for our little contact in the tricky section, I wasn't planning to attempt an overtake actually, I was mostly trying to avoid a contact with you as your braking had surprised me a little, then we got that small contact between my mid right and your front left, I wasn't expecting you to look for the ideal trajectory for the next right tigh turn that early.
    A bad race but fastest lap brought back home. Let's comfort ourself anyway... :rolleyes:

A big congrats to John for this win, well done podium !

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  16. John vd Geest

Someone who wins absolves everyone :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. John vd Geest

Good promo for the series Jos! Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Tom Fowler

Tom Fowler Pro Driver

Had a good race everyone, thank you.

@Maxime Tendil no need to apologise, this was my first league race and I seem to brake early when I have pressure from behind, I can’t help it so it was probably that reason! Seeing that gap close down at 2-3seconds a lap at one point after you had fresh tyres was worrying!

@Ronny Hauser ive never had that issue to help sorry

• Like Like x 3
  19. John vd Geest

If anyone would like a specific skin, let me know.

20. Filip Stoyanovich

Filip Stoyanovich Pro Driver

Man, running so close to those walls so many times, I don't know how any of us had those side mirrors still firmly attached on the car lol
    I looked at the replay later and it was just heartbreaking to see Maxime hopping and gassing it too much over the curb, eventually loosing it. And after such a storming run through between us at the start and into the lead soon after. That was a shocker hahha And Jos just lacked a bit of confidence, I'm just guessing because he said he didn't get to drive the car and track for a while. But the speed is there. He's always got it. It's just the tires didn't want to put up with us anymore in those remaining laps hahahh

Anyway, it was great too see and participate in all this for the season opening, never mind the numbers. Some new people here too, for me at least, and it was joyful.

• Like Like x 2