Assetto Corsa Round 1 Barcelona GP

Discussion in 'Ferrari 458 GT2 Closed' started by Kenny Press, Aug 9, 2020.

1. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Can't race got to go out on an urgent job have fun.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Bob Kendall

Bob Kendall Pro Driver

Wouldnt let me go out on track couldnt get back on server due to " new connections " not a good first appearance for me.

3. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

I got disco'd too when the session changed to Race. I'll look into allowing "joins" in the race for next time.

4. Bob Kendall

Bob Kendall Pro Driver

Thought it was because I noticed post about nicknames so left and changed it to full name by the time I got back qually was almost done and I didn't get a lap in. Presumed that was why I got disconnected.

5. Laurent Londes

Laurent Londes Pro Driver

Perhaps some app you installed recently is crashing when the session changes? Just a thought.

Easy win. I thought Paul was not going to stop, so I kept pushing but he also stopped somewhere mid race..

Too bad there were that few participants.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Ken Jagger

No apps installed recently, but it has happened on the odd occasion before. I think it's just one of those things that happens sometimes.

7. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Had some luck at the beginning when Max span and I avoided. Some how I ended up in the lead of the race but it was short lived as Laurent screamed passe me making me feel like I was an old granny in a Fiat 500. Had to stop mid distance for tyres but it took too long and I came out in 4th. Just didn't have the pace here even on fresh tyres I didn't make a dent in the lead of the guys ahead. Struggling to find pace in AC. Excellent cars.

Well done Laurent :)

Pity about the low numbers but it is August and a bit too hot for racing. I had turned into a puddle by the end

• Like Like x 3
  8. Tudor Morris

Tudor Morris Pro Driver

Did a fair bit of prep for this one and settled for a safe strategy/setup that would give me a decent base for the series. Found myself racing among the quicker fellas but didn't have the outright pace to fight it out so just concentrated on keeping it clean and consistent. Thought I might just hang on for 2nd spot at one point as the different strategies played out but Phil caught me with only a few minutes to go and made a great pass into T1 :cool:

Shame the numbers were down but hopefully problems will be sorted for next week and we'll see a few more on the grid.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Laurent Londes

Laurent Londes Pro Driver

I had a drive/through on the starting line when the lights started coming on. Really odd, I had the clutch fully engaged and didn't move an inch. I served the drive-through after the first lap.

I only found out the day before that I had registered for this a while ago. I wasn't sure about strategy but the softs seemed to last for half of the race so I chose to go for a 1-stop and two times on softs.

Monday evenings I usually play tennis.. I'll see if I can play another day and continue this championship..

• Like Like x 3
  10. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

I'm really sorry guys. I forgot about the race :oops:. And I will be missing the next two due to vacation thing.

11. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

When will the server be up for Silverstone? Still at Barcelona last time I checked :(

12. Ken Jagger

It's up now :)

• Like Like x 1