Assetto Corsa Comp Round 1 Barcelona

Discussion in 'ACC GT MC Winter Championship Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Taner Selvi

Taner Selvi Pro Driver

You should not join immediatly to the race line. That is not expected mate either spotter warned or not. I watched many times in replay, you go straight to the race line instead of right hand side. I fortunatly my car is finished there and could not drive properly and lost control in the first curve to defend my position in couple of laps later and bang!
    Congratulations to the podium both GT3 and GT4. See ya in Nurburg.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Joseph Morgan

Joseph Morgan Pro Driver

Good RACE GUYS AND FROM MY PERSPECTIVE LOOKED VERY CLEAN BUT WAS GREAT FUN. AS I MENTIONED BEFORE I HAD BRAKE PROBS ON LAP 4 OR 5 I THINK IT WAS. THATS WHY I SPUN AND I APOLOGISE TO WILLIAMS FOR THAT BUT I WAS TRYING TO KEEP MY CAR ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE ROAD BUT IT CAME ACROSSON YOU. HTANKS ALSO TO THOSE WHO LET ME KNOW THAT THE #4 PADS ARE FOR QUALI NOT THE RACE. BUT I DO WANT TO ASK ONE QUESTION. ONLY MY FRONT BRAKES HAD TROUBLE EVEN THOUGH THEY HAD A LOT OF AIR GOING TO THEM AND THE BIAS VERY REWARDS, AND ON MY FIRST STOP I PUT THE #2 PAD SET ON. THY STILL DID THE SAME AS THE PREVIOUS SET AND IT HAPENED ALL OVER AGAIN ON THE SECOND STOP. CAN ANYONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT MAY BE THE ISSUE. OVERALL I GUESS AFTER GOING THROUGH THE PITLANE 4 TIMES AND NUMEROUS SPINS BECAUSE I HAD ONLY REAR BRAKES, P10 IS A GOOD RESULT.

3. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

I didn't realise this had already re-started :oops:
    I enjoyed the last series so will try to get involved on some of the upcoming rounds.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Joseph Morgan

Joseph Morgan Pro Driver

Just saw the results and I noticed that on the race report it doesn't include how many pitstops people did. Is this a glitch on my side or is it just a common thing?

5. Joseph Morgan

Joseph Morgan Pro Driver

Are the races streamed live at all?

6. Sim Racing Online

Sim Racing Online Administrator Staff Member Donator

Our results processor is always a work in progress. It has to process results from several different simulators and result files in different formats. You might sometimes see missing data, like pit stops, and that is not the case for all simulators. ACC is one of our newer simulators and we just completed testing for AMS2. You should always find the information vital to series stats and standings complete and accurate. We try to keep up the best we can.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

Joseph, not sure who told you pads 4 are for quali only, (info on ACC forums about pads is outdated) but pads 4 are just a test pad that simulate very quick wearing. You shouldn't be using them at all for quali or race.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Joseph Morgan

Joseph Morgan Pro Driver

Thanks for letting me know. Obviously that is quite understandable and i thought it might be something like that. I was just making sure that I wasn't having problems again because i so often do.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Joseph Morgan

Joseph Morgan Pro Driver

Thanks for that. They say you learn something every day, well i just did. Still puzzled though as to why the same happened with the #2 and #3 pads though. But thanks for letting me know.

10. Matteo Santini

Matteo Santini Pro Driver

I'm interested to understand that brake pads number. In the first post of this thread Aris clearly explains it in a different manner:
    "Pad 4, extreme aggressive fiction coefficient. Max braking performance, extremely aggressive disc and pad wear, bad cold performance. This is a sprint race pad that can last about an hour but will show worse pedal feel, worse performance and overheating towards the end of the one hour stint. Those kinds of pads are not used in endurance racing, but included for demonstration purposes."
    It's true that Aris' post was referred to the v.1.2 of ACC, and was written in December of the previous year, but that is what he wrote. That said, I'm a bit puzzled now https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/brake-ducts-and-tyre-damage.55903/

• Like Like x 1
  11. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Matteo Santini

Matteo Santini Pro Driver

I admit I've never seen a video by Aris on ACC. My idea was that of using Pad4 during qualif laps and maybe over a sprint would be better than any other pad. But I used Pad 2 at Brands. It was just a suggestion by another VDA teammate, who read Aris' post in the past. To be honest, Aris could have been more clear in that post, without stating they will last for approximately an hour, or for a sprint race. Nothing to blame on him however. I know he's a kind guy. That's it :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  13. Joseph Morgan

Joseph Morgan Pro Driver

How fast was your Quali lap at Brands?