Round 1 Bathurst

Discussion in 'Renault RS.01 Sport Trophy Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
  2. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Race password has now been set. Get it from the race page as usual.

3. Eric Cline

Eric Cline Pro Driver

Good race guys ..nice win alex..the top three we ghost from the start but we had a tight battle for 5th for a few laps u til o e got turned around...after getting up to 4th it was a mile to third...I went for a no stop being g I was off pace and it payed off ..2nd came out right I front of me but just couldn't find a way by then I had just held off a fast charging fourth place car..another turn or two and I was done..lol thanks to all see you guys next race

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nathan Lockie

Nathan Lockie Pro Driver

Really enjoyed yesterday's race, was pushing very hard to keep Alex behind and pushed to hard and ended up in the wall, pitted for repairs and then promptly returned to the wall trying to catch Josh, cue another trip to the pits for repairs. Was catching on Eric and Josh in the final few laps but ran out of time to have an attempt at passing, looking forward to the next race and congrats Alex on the win.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Alex Bonner

Alex Bonner Pro Driver Donator

Thank you guys.

Yesterday's race was a real breath of fresh air compared to the public servers I'm used to. Everyone was completely aware of what was around them and I feel I got a bit lucky when Nathan took damage. I honestly had nothing left and was only able to match the times until the wall took another casualty. I clipped the wall a few times myself but only took very minor damage. I feel like I need to confess I have done a few 12 hour team events at Bathurst so kind of had the mindset already loaded. I quite enjoy the track also so I know I'll have to work a lot harder in the future.

I done my setup in offline practice (took me 2 days to realise I had passworded servers hidden) and used the ingame app to tell me fuel info. I had it set to 120L which it said was enough to do 1h6m so I added another 10L just to be safe. I ended up having to pit twice for extra fuel, I think I added an extra 17L on top just to finish. The damage I took was barely noticeable on both the damage app and even less noticeable in car. Would you say the ingame telemetry was wrong or was my high fuel usage down to damage?

I know the next race will be a lot tighter. looking forward to it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Eric Cline

Eric Cline Pro Driver

I ran 145 liters just had enough

• Like Like x 1
  7. Alex Bonner

Alex Bonner Pro Driver Donator

Thanks Eric. Seems the offline practice can't be trusted.

• Like Like x 1