Assetto Corsa Comp Round 1 Brands

Discussion in '2023 ACC GT3 Series' started by Rob Milliken, Sep 23, 2023.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

2023 gt3 R1.jpg Registration

Welcome to round one!
    Registration is now open to all SRO members.
    The server is up 24/7 for practice until race day
    Weather will be slightly random with data taken from local forecasts
    (we won't race in a monsoon;)) weather will be set to default clear until
    a few days before the event. The practice session is set for Sunday to give us
    race day track conditions/rubber.
    Make sure your SRO forum name matches your in-game ACC name to ensure no errors with the results.
    Make sure you have read and understand the SRO Rules and Regulations .

All races will require a mandatory pit stop /4 tire change.
    Auto pit limiter is turned OFF so you MUST manually turn on the pit limiter when entering the pits or risk a penalty, extreme speeding in the pits will result in a DQ (this is an in-game default setting, admin has no control of this)​
    Server name:
    SimRacingOnline
    Server settings:

Track
    • Brands Hatch
    Cars
    • Group: GT3
    • Max Car Slots: 32
    • Locked Entry List: No
    Sessions
    1. Practice
      Day of Weekend: 3
      Hour of Day: 13
      Time Multiplier: 1×
      Session Duration: 120 minutes
      Session Over Time: 180 seconds
    2. Qualifying
      Hour of Day: 14
      Time Multiplier: 3×
      Session Duration: 10 minutes
      Post Qualifying Time: 120 seconds
      Fixed Qualifying Conditions: No
      Qualify Standing Type: Fastest Lap
    3. Race
      Hour of Day: 15
      Time Multiplier: 1×
      Session Duration: 60 minutes
      Pre Race Time: 120 seconds
      Post Race Time: 190 seconds
    Weather
    • Ambient Temperature: 22°C
    • Track Temperature: 26°C
    • Cloud Level: 0.1
    • Rain: 0.1
    • Weather Randomness: 3
    • Sim Racer Weather Conditions: 0
    Rules
    • Pit Window Length: -1 seconds
    • Driver Stint Time: -1 seconds
    • Mandatory Pitstop Count: 1
    • Max Total Driving Time: -1 seconds
    • Max Drivers Count: 0
    • Refuelling Allowed In Race: Yes
    • Refuelling Time Fixed: No
    • Mandatory Pitstop Refuelling Required: No
    • Mandatory Pitstop Tyre Change Required: Yes
    • Mandatory Pitstop Swap Driver Required: No
    • Tyre Set Count: 50
    • Track Medals Requirement: 0
    • Safety Rating Requirement: -1
    • Racecraft Rating Requirement: -1
    • Race Locked: No
    • Allow Auto DQ: No
    • Short Formation Lap: No
    Assists
    • Stability Control Level Max: 0
    • Disable Auto Steer: Yes
    • Disable Auto Lights: Yes
    • Disable Auto Wiper: Yes
    • Disable Auto Engine Start: No
    • Disable Auto Pit Limiter: Yes
    • Disable Auto Gear: Yes
    • Disable Auto Clutch: No
    • Disable Ideal Line: Yes

Last edited: Sep 23, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Nick Newcombe

Nick Newcombe Pro Driver

My shifts for October having been allocated, I will miss Round 1 & 2, but will register from Round 3 onwards. I'll still practice as I'm still trying to get used to ACC. :D

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mark Ekins

Mark Ekins Pro Driver

Just looking through that.. noticed there is a 3min wait time after qually finishes and a two min pre-race wait time..feels a bit long?

4. Rob Milliken

Everyone complained that there was not enough time between sessions to finish a Q lap, as ACC will cut your Q lap if time runs out, so we need to have the time be more than the average lap time on the longest track & time to race was too quick after Q by default to be able to take a pee, get a drink ready, or whatever else is needed.
    All our other series (sims) with the exception of AMS2, where they don't give you the ability to adjust any of the 'between-session times', have a 5 min warm up after Q to get sorted so it's just what we do ... :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Rob Milliken

Nice grid of 24 so far! With this many Im seriously thinking about doing a live broadcast for the series so need to decide if i would rather be driving or broadcasting :eek::D,( i suck in ACC anyway lol) .. hmmmm how many would like to have the broadcast? ;)

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Roman Granatovich

Roman Granatovich Pro Driver

I myself have not completed a single race. I’ve never even left the pits, I just practiced a little in hotlap mode. I doubt I'll be able to complete the race

7. Rob Milliken

No worries, you will be fine, just hang in the back with me :D The race has a mandatory 4-tire change so you might want to practice that, you will need to have the pit limiter mapped so you can turn it on before you cross the pit in line, also the pit limiter will only work when the car is in 1st gear! It will also turn off if you change gears, speeding in the pits will cost you a drive-through and possibly a DQ if your speed is extreme so be careful! ;)

8. Roman Granatovich

Thank you . I haven’t even been able to log into the server yet, either there are not enough ratings or I just don’t understand something

9. Rob Milliken

Ratings are off, can you find the server? You should be able to join .. If you have not driven online at all on any server you might need to join a public server and do a few laps, I have seen this happen before with ACC ..

to find the server type SimRacingOnline in the search bar and make sure your filters are set to "ALL CARS"

This is an older pic but you get the idea Assetto Corsa Competizione Screenshot 2021.01.18 - 11.48.34.28b.jpg

Last edited: Oct 14, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Roman Granatovich

I was able to log into the server and do a short workout. But how infinitely far are my results from the results on this track in any other simulators, including rfactor2, which I have been mastering for the last month. There you can immediately show a good lap time, here it’s +2 seconds and it’s very slippery

11. Rob Milliken

ACC is quirky lol , use the TC and abs like the real GT3's, some cars are easier to drive what car are you in? for me, the easier cars are the merc, alpha, BMW, Lambo .. Porsche is the toughest to master and the weight change when fuel gets low changes everything in that car but it is quick once you figure it out lol ...

12. Rob Milliken

Also in ACC you must manage the tires, you wont have instant grip like some of the other sims, you need to break them in carefully (like a real tire) if you push too hard too soon you will cook the core and your tire will loose grip early in the stint, break them in slow and even (3-4 laps) & they will have better grip .. also tire pressure is key with this sim, to high= to hot and they will be destroyed.. try to get them all as close to same as possible (running pressure will change, use the UI set up screen to see what they are after a few laps and adjust)

13. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

I might reinstall game, i suck inniit but i hear some car setups might be more easier on understandable?
    And those max negative toe ins and outs removed?
    And @Rob Milliken i find your broadcasts second to none but you should race if want to! Or atleast make people buy you some beer :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Rob Milliken

Ya the last update did some good things as far as how to set the cars up!

15. Roman Granatovich

I'm currently using Aston Martin, I'm just starting to get to know this simulator

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Rob Milliken

The race day password is now set on the Champ page!
    The weather will be dry with light clouds. = around 12/17c on average with the track being in the 20+ range Desktop Screenshot 2023.10.15 - 20.30.19.18.jpg
    I set the server up as close as I can to the real weather but I add some randomness to add the element of real changing conditions .. the temps are cool in UK right now so that's what we have with some variable clouds. (I hope..lol :D)

Last edited: Oct 15, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Roman Granatovich

default aggressive setup, very unstable car, one mistake, one repair, not in a good mood.

18. Rogier van Rossen

Rogier van Rossen Pro Driver

@ P.Pichler, sorry for the tap in lap 3.
    I had a lot more speed out of the corner, but guess you didn's see me.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

Yeah, my rear mirror setting was set to 30 meters sight, which is clearly not enough. Tthat was a bit of a problem the whole race, so no worries. I hope I did not massively block anyone, because of that. If so, I am sorry.

In addition, I could not avoid that crash Toni was involved in front of me, although I had no damage after that, for that I had to hit the barries :confused:. Quite a rough start for me, as this was my first race with this particular sim. Pit stop also was a mess, stopped in my pit stall and waited of something would happen. Turns out, I should have turned of my engine? Good that the game stepped in. Then the game fooled me again, pit speed limiter was turned of after the stop. Drive-Through penalty... Tried my best to catch up up to Stephen, unlapped myself before he pitted and was on the verge to catch him, as my car suddenly felt weird and the race engineer said, tyre pressure loss :eek: That did not sound good but I took the risk and continued. Then Stephen spun out and I gained at least one position back, while on the middle of my cool down lap I got a puncture. Interesting experience, lot of things to improve.

• Like Like x 1