rFactor 2 Round 1 Brianza 1966 10K / Sun Sept 15, 2019

Discussion in 'The DNF S3-Howston Dissenter 1974 Challenge Closed' started by John vd Geest, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

May not be able to race on Sunday :( My internet connection keeps dropping out. Getting it fixed but not until Thursday. It does become stable for a while so if this corresponds with the race I'll be there. I will unregister just in case :(

2. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

• Like Like x 4
  3. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

In the spirit of DNF I havent practiced at all :D
    And ty for setup

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

5. John vd Geest

Ai Ai Ai big mistake in the Gurva Grande. Into the barrier and then I hit something in the vegitation that ripped my front end off.
    Had to go into the pits for repairs. Well, great track to drive with these cars, so that was fun. Beter luck next time I hope :rolleyes:

Grats to Caitlin for the win. Well done!!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Gert-Jan van Osch

Gert-Jan van Osch Pro Driver

I made a big mess of my pit stop... 1st time I stopped in wrong position (thought I would have the 1st pits). Can anyone give some pointers how you can tell which one is yours cause I cannot distinguis. 2nd pit stop I pushed the wrong button and i think my RR tyres was a wet tyre. All in all 2nd ain't bad but I was aiming for more. Better luck next time.

Congrats Caitlin...

• Like Like x 3
  7. John vd Geest

If you want to know for sure where your pitbox is, you should do a practise pitstop before the race. Then you see where the red square is where you stop. And then you remember that position.
    I always check where the pit entry line is and do a practise pitstop. No surprises.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

Good fun racing. I did a Verstappen. My pedals came unplugged. D'OH. o_O

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Great race which i blew away in 1 mistake that caused me to take repairs and left me a slightly tilted wheel for around 20minutes.
    Was hard pushing the end stages so finishing 3rd im very pleased considering the amount of practice done.
    I was slower on straights but had great balance to corners, specially t1, which was the only corner i had time to do my setup for :D
    Great Fun!

• Like Like x 2
  10. John vd Geest

I wondered what happened when I suddenly didn't see you anymore. :)

11. Rob Milliken

Great job to everyone who got to the finish ! & Grats Catlyn on the win ! it takes poise and patience to be consistent in these epic cars of the 70's .. These cars take me back to my hi school days where I drove something very similar ! :D Lets just say that my hi school class of 75' are all wittiness to me mastering the burnouts lol (im extremely old) ..
    I also want to contest my DNF as I did in fact complete all the laps and finish on the lead lap getting the checkered . It's the track data code that gave me the DNF and did not count my last lap because I drifted over on to the "banked loop" side of the line when crossing the finish line , the code is there so you cant take short cuts to the other side during the races & so it can count the laps properly .. I hardly think crossing the middle of the track on the strait should matter on the last lap ?? o_O:rolleyes:
    I request an inquiry ! :D
    1. photo evidence of my 18th lap (results had me dnf with 17 laps)
    rFactor 2(rFactor2.exe) Screenshot 2019.09.15 - 22.52.30.65.jpg

Some other cool shots of the leaders ! :
    rFactor 2(rFactor2.exe) Screenshot 2019.09.15 - 22.32.55.21.jpg

rFactor 2(rFactor2.exe) Screenshot 2019.09.15 - 22.31.01.01.jpg rFactor 2(rFactor2.exe) Screenshot 2019.09.15 - 22.49.03.92.jpg rFactor 2(rFactor2.exe) Screenshot 2019.09.15 - 22.30.09.73.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Wish I could have raced here as I'd done a fair amount of practice. Hopefully I'll get the interweb fixed for the next round.
    Well done to Caitlin and all who took part :)

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  13. John vd Geest

Hope to see you in Buenos Aires Historic Paul !! The more good drivers, the better!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. John vd Geest

The second one is very cool.

15. John vd Geest

You did F... up, but I'll ask Mark to reverse the positions with me :eek::p:D:rolleyes:o_O

16. John vd Geest

Video impressions of round 1.

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Rob Milliken

Nice Vid JVDG !

Looks like you did not get Girts skin .. ? The Punisher ! LOL

Nice stuff !

18. Gert-Jan van Osch

Gert-Jan van Osch Pro Driver

Nice video, watched it a few times and nice renders. Hopefully yesterdays race video is good promotion for the series.

• Like Like x 1
  19. John vd Geest

I hope so too :)

20. Mark Hightree

Mark Hightree Administrator Staff Member Donator

Excellent video review, John. Should be added to the media library.

• Like Like x 1