Round 1 Bridgehampton

Discussion in 'The DNF Series – Mclaren M23 Closed' started by John vd Geest, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

edit, had a link to the m23 skinpack into mas files, noted it was already availble in description

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
  2. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

That's great! Can you post some screens here so we know what we're downloading? If it's good, we can use/add them to the current skin pack.

The skin pack I have uploaded in post of the general info thread, also has 12 skins.
    Skin pack
    The default "Mclaren M23 Shadow" skin pack is pretty ugly and boring. Therefore we will use a costum skin pack that you can download here:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/jjez77hkz123fdk/McLaren_M23_1975.zip/file
    To install : extract it to your settings folder (SteamApps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\player\Settings)

3. John vd Geest

4. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

edited my post, assume it's the same, i had just made mas files instead of separate files that might be a problem online.

that is done in the zip?

edit,
    I see they are separate files, the recommendation is use a single mas files but it might work anyway as I have seen different skin on the SRO server during practice.

5. Laurent Londes

Laurent Londes Pro Driver

Which HUD apps are you using with VR ? I have no had at all at the moment but I guess I could use some..

6. Eric Cline

Eric Cline Pro Driver

im I good to race? wont be fast but these are fun..quaily start in 1hour 15 min?

7. Henri Miettinen

Henri Miettinen Pro Driver

Martyn you can go, I'm out.

8. Pablo Finotti

Pablo Finotti Pro Driver

I'm sorry.
    I had to leave it was too crappy, never experienced this kind of thing on my wheel.
    Curiously, it is just happening on this car. Right after I left the server, I took a couple of laps on Indycar and LMP2, everything was normal. Maybe it was the bumps, maybe the car, or maybe my old G27, I don't know.
    Now I'll watch the streaming...:(

9. Eric Cline

Eric Cline Pro Driver

got caught in the first turn crash while trying to navigate through lost my front wing. downhill from there. speeding penalty in pits forgot to map buttons to change menu so I got an extra 90liters every pit..had fun for the most part but wish I could finish a race for once. with five min to go my screen speed up then slowed down causing me to bin it again.smh.had zero problems all week full grids of ai but today it seemed to be very choppy in vr not too bad until the end but annoying none the less..tried to stay out of everyones way sorry to those if I didn't move quick enough. thanks for letting me race hope for a finish next time.was still fun banging though the gears. this car is fun

10. Michał Mazurek

Michał Mazurek Pro Driver

:confused: I think the season is open ;)

11. Martyn McClune

Martyn McClune Pro Driver

40 mins or so into race and I see flames in my mirror. Really enjoyed that race up to then ...:eek:
    Had a moment with the cars all over track at the beginning but managed to get through almost unscathed.
    Made a few mistakes but found my lap time to be mostly consistent although was a few secs off the pace.
    Had just went up two positions and car was feeling better lap by lap until it roasted itself
    Not much I could do about it
    Sorry for anyone I held up ...almost jinked the wrong way while being lapped ..sharp intake of breath but thankfully ok
    Watched the end of the live broadcast
    Until the next one :):cool:

12. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

Apologies Michal, having watched the replay.
    I got a great start passing a couple of cars, but I seemed to edge over and clip Roberto with my rear tyre, which spun me into the side of you. :oops:

13. Michał Mazurek

Michał Mazurek Pro Driver

no problem
    it was an unfortunate accident

the leitmotif of this series lurks at every moment :D

14. Laurent Londes

Laurent Londes Pro Driver

Indeed, I actually won this round :p

15. Bill Grewcock

Bill Grewcock Pro Driver

Got caught in the T1 pile-up but damage was minor so I was able to continue. As predicted before the event this was a race of attrition and I ended up in P4 a long way behind Jens. In the final 5 minutes I was approaching a couple of back markers when Toni caught me. In the confusion John got right on my tail and we had an intense series of corners where we swapped places but I managed to get P4 back from him and opened a 2 sec gap which I held to the end ... intense but very enjoyable :).
    Congrats to Toni, Roberto and Jens for their podium results.
    After the race I watched the recording of the broadcast ... well done Mac and Matheus, you did a good job particularly the commentary on Andrew and John's epic battle :cool:.
    Thanks for making this series happen, John ... roll on round 2 :cool:

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  16. John vd Geest

Full broadcast

• Like Like x 3
  17. John vd Geest

What a great race that was. It did not disappoint for me. I had some great battles with Andrew and Bill and the car is absolutely a blast to drive!

Shame about the start incidents. It's always tricky to do a standing start with open wheelers. The best thing is to go straight and don't weave too much.
    But most lap 1 incidents were the result of ice cold tires and cold brakes. If you keep that in mind and compensate for the lack of grip on lap one, I'm sure the next race will have fewer start incidents. It's all about being patient and letting the car warm up before you start pushing.

I took the hard tires, which may have been wrong, so I will take the softs next time and see what happens :D
    We got to know the car now in race conditions. So let's put that baby to work in the next round: Longford 67. It's gonna be awesome!

Excellent work by the broadcast team. It was a lot of fun viewing it afterwards. Well done guys!

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Bret Metcalf

Bret Metcalf Pro Driver

I decided to leave the server as my ping was over 1000, hoped it would settle down but not so.

Pity, I had been practising offline the whole of last week..thats the way it goes.

Enjoyed the broadcast, very good.

Regards,
    Bret

19. John vd Geest

20. John vd Geest

That sucks Bret. Hope you will be there for the next one!
    Did you still watch the broadcast?