rFactor 2 Round 1 Brno - Sun Sep 12, 2021

Discussion in 'DTM 1991 Series Closed' started by John vd Geest, Jul 8, 2021.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Had a good race going behind the mid pac & got distracted for 1 sec & totaled the car into the fences, made it back to pits with 3 tires but had no breaks & missed my pit stallo_O, & crashed into one of the carports & then the engine blew ....:rolleyes::D..
    Grats to the podium!
    Great mod! the racing is fantastic!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

I thought I jumped the start, so I gave you back position after turn 1. But it might be that I just did a better start then you. :p I'll have to check the replay.
    Good battle with Jos again, until I made a small mistake and he got past me. He took tires in the pitstop and dropped back quite a bit. But tires were not madatory.
    Grats to Johnny for the win. Too fast for me today.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Grats to the podiums, sincere apologies for the contact @Mark Hightree! I had another off a little later (all on my own) and dropped to 11th, but the handling got better on a lighter fuel load, and clawed my way back to 7th and the pit stop strategy meant I got back up to 6th. Happy to finish in my quali position after all that. Setup needs some more work, but great cars and great racing.:)

• Like Like x 2
  4. John vd Geest

Wow, how much misfortune can one guy have. You don't do things halfway Rob.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. ….I passed one of the Audi’s at the side of the track late on with what looked like an engine fire!:):)

that’s a bad streak of luck Rob!

6. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

@John vd Geest no jump start. i lifted not to lose time in t1 as @Johnny Gutierrez been sick lately. Dont really know whats wrong with him. Its just that he been kinda on the fast side of the force lately ;D

• Like Like x 2
  7. Rob Milliken

Nope, I was in a BMW on fire in pitlane lol.

8. ….actually, looking at the live timings, it might not have been Mark that I made contact with…..maybe Yann, apologies if it was @Yann VonDerHoeven

9. Mark Hightree

Mark Hightree Administrator Staff Member Donator

I think that may be right. Don't remember any contact with you Chris. Some good racing today and the cars are a great value. Thanks John for hosting. Congrats to the podium. I thought I could compete but I've got a lot of work to do. Sachsenring will be exciting.

10. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

Good racing all.

The last time I raced here was I believe when we were racing in GTR2. So many memories came rushing back last night when I was trying to set up the car on this track. Q went good as I think 3rd was a good spot. Race started and Jos got a great start as I didn't know if 1st or 2nd gear was the correct gear to be in. Went with 2nd. Wrong. First corner, dug it in deep as I thought their was lots of room left on the inside. Passed John up as I thought he might have been having car issues. He was just trying to give back the position to Toni but I didn't know at the time and would have slowed down and waited if I would have known this. Stayed behind Toni and decided it was wise just to race and follow. But nooooooo, I had to go for the inside. A little to deep I went and we both did this sideways dance which was pretty sweet and so much fun. All in all, it was good racing. These cars are a hoot. I hope to see all at next race and I hope more people as I feel this series/cars are so much fun.

Cheers!

• Like Like x 1
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  11. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

Don't know what it is Toni. After every race, racing you guys, I'm totally soaked in sweat and exhausted and ready for a nap LOL.

• Like Like x 2
  12. John vd Geest

Well, that's nice. If only you would have known haha.
    After checking the replay, I actually did a better start than Toni right on the racing line. So there was no need to give up FIRST PLACE!! :confused::eek::p
    But no problem. I had a lot of fun racing you and Jos, so nothing lost.

Btw, I know this mod is not the cheapest, so I want to thank everybody who bought it and signed up!
    I feel it's worth every penny. We're having a lot of fun with it and when constructing the series, I extended the events from standard 6 to 8 to give you all your money's worth.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

First proper online race since the recent big gap in simracing.

Great race with a podium finish that could have been 2nd position had I not made the silly mistake of not reading the instructions and realising I didn't need to change tyres at the pit stop!! Although, even without changing tyres, I'm sure the battle with John wouldn't have been sorted out that easily...

I had a lot of fun. Managed a few overtakes making the most of complex moments for Toni, John and Jen.

I had a great time as used to. Congrats to Johnny and John for a great race and podiums.
    See you next time.

• Like Like x 3
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  14. John vd Geest

Thanks for the race video Jos. Great promo for the series!
    If you like you can upload it to the media section and I'll create a DTM 1991 folder for it.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

Done!

16. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

Fight from 18:30 to 33:00 in the video is fantastic. Great fun!

17. Rob Milliken

Jos ,Is that the F1 hud your using for rf2?

18. John vd Geest

At 18:30 I was sleeping again when I made that mistake. Then you were so close and putting so much pressure on me that I started overdriving the car, missing all my apexes as you can see. :p

19. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

I have to check it Rob. It's the one I had configured a long time ago and cannot say for sure. I'll let you know next time I fire up rf2.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

That moment at 24:00 was quite a moment...
    You had a great defense, John. It took me quite a while to 'break' you with everything I had. Really a fantastic way of coming back to simracing online. :)

• Agree Agree x 1