Assetto Corsa Round 1 Buddh International Circuit

Discussion in 'RSS GT1 Series Closed' started by John vd Geest, Sep 20, 2018.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Sorry to hear it Edward. Hope to see you somewhere else.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
  2. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

I made a quick test today and the weird thing it is at exactly 2 minutes but at 12:34:02, 12:36:02. Very strange. Yesterday was the same at 02 second :eek::eek::eek::eek:

I will start the boot up antivirus scan

3. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

Fun cars. Feels a bit odd siting on the right side. GTR2 memories, well kind of. :)

4. Yusuf Macit

Yusuf Macit Pro Driver

With the Viper, i am way too slow in the 2nd and 3rd sectors. (Losing 1.5 seconds!!) I just cant get the tires up to optimal pressure and temperatures.

I am running meds as i have found them to be most suitable. Softs are fine when hotlapping, but for the long stints i can't work with the meds let alone H compound.

Im going to fire my crew if this continues. :D

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. John vd Geest

You still have time to choose another car Yusuf. The Lambo and Lister class are full right now.
    Once the series start, you can't change anymore.

6. Yusuf Macit

Yusuf Macit Pro Driver

I like an extra challenge and surely i will find some way to close the gap, i've got used to the Viper it would take more time to get used to another car, plus a car such as this can not simply be absent in the series!!
    Thank you, but you can say i am nursing this viper in my bosom for the rest of the calendar. :D

7. John vd Geest

Very, very true ! You hope you will get a few podiums :)

8. Stef Williams

Stef Williams Pro Driver

So I have some questions:
    I was testing things out last night and can’t get more than half a tank in the 575 without AC saying that it’s an invalid setup. Is this right?
    If it is right, I’ll need 2 fuel stops in 1hr 30 mins, so what tires would folks recommend?
    I’ve never done a race this long with pit stops and tire change etc so any tips welcome. Would one set of meds last the whole race?

9. Simon Pike

Simon Pike Pro Driver

Hi Stef Its your ride hieght raise it until 50~ goes yellow front I would guess

10. Stef Williams

Stef Williams Pro Driver

Aah. So the extra fuel is dropping the ride height. Makes sense. Will try it again tonight.
    What about tire choice? Anyone care to give some hints on how long they’ll last?

11. Simon Pike

Simon Pike Pro Driver

Well I am going meds should just about last halfway point ,not tested softs or hards yet for race.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Yusuf Macit

Yusuf Macit Pro Driver

I finally found some speed, and there is still much room to improve! However i should only focus on my race stints from now on, speed should find me during the race if everything goes according to the plan. :D

13. John vd Geest

Softs will go yellow after 20 liters.

14. John vd Geest

I would have a big smile on my face if you kicked some ass on the only Viper :D
    I saw on live timing that you are in P6 with a 1.53.9xx. That's pretty good. That Viper is a powerhouse if you can drive it.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
  15. John vd Geest

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
  16. John vd Geest

This race clashes with the F1 COTA race. Still, I would like to ask everyone to record it, like me :), so we can have as big a field as possible. You'll have something to look forward to after this race. It will be a great night: RSS GT1 AND F1 back to back :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Pasha Paterson

Pasha Paterson Pro Driver Broadcaster

In the interest of safety, I'm afraid I'm going to skip round 1. I don't know if it's the car, the track, or just the fool behind the wheel, but I just can't stay on the pavement with the headlights facing front. I even tried learning the track in a more familiar car and still ended up in the sand. After two hours of frustration I think I had two clean laps: 2:08 and 2:13. At that pace I'm a danger to myself and others. So to keep myself from ruining anyone else's race as well, I'm going to enhance the immersiveness of my sim experience by playing the role of "guy who didn't make the cut in Q1". ;)

Have fun, everyone! If I can find a way to not be terrible, I'll be back for round 2.

18. John vd Geest

Shame, but understand. The other 4 tracks are classics that almost everybody knows, so I hope to see you again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Laurent Londes

Laurent Londes Pro Driver

It's my first race with SRO. Is teamspeak mandatory ?

20. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

No