Assetto Corsa Round 1 Buddh International Circuit

Discussion in 'RSS GT1 Series Closed' started by John vd Geest, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Matheus Marçal

Matheus Marçal Pro Driver Broadcaster Media Group

That was my favourite broadcast for sure, being alongside Joseph and Alex really helped me to get the commentating flowing and it was amazingly fun to broadcast all that!
    Thanks everyone for joining the race, participating on the youtube chat and congratulations for Davide, John and Reinhard for the Podium finishes!

Here's the broadcast link if anyone is interested!

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 4
  2. Callum Barron

Callum Barron Pro Driver

Well I'm happy with a 5th first time out, had an awesome race with Yusuf which seemed to go on forever, considering I've never driven the car or the track until today I think that went quite well :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Yusuf Macit

Yusuf Macit Pro Driver

Thanks to everyone who made this race possible! Brillliant race with Callum, i loved the clean, eternal battle! Coming off a very long break, this race has been so good! I definitely made the right choice by joining in the series. Congrats to podium, and very special thanks to broadcasting team.

See you next round at home. ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver Donator

Disappointed somehow, did not worked out for me today. I had a terrible start which cost me probably a top ten result. There was a crash in front after the long backstraight. I decided to avoid it by driving off the circuit. That is actually very slow but I made a mistake by shifting into neutral which was even slower. Lost all track position and was down to P17 or something. Even crashed my car at some point, overshot the pit box, my race tactic seemed also bad. The hard tyre was, as Jeroen stated, difficult to get enough heat into it but it was very durable.
    So after practice it looked like driving it as long as possible would be the best idea. In hindsight not really, I had no problem with the medium regarding durability and could drive up to 1.5 sec faster. And it was not smart driving it at the start, as track postion was very important.

Another problem was passing with the Saleen is really hard, especially fighting against the Ferrari (apart from Flaviu, I think you drove way to much downforce?) because I lacked in traction. So no chance to get finally a run on Stef Williams. P14 at the end and a lot to improve for the next time.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

Could not join server...all Shadows were taken :/

6. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

I'm very sorry that happend, due to last minutes entries and unregistering.
    I told Rob Milliken I will not accept new signups anymore on raceday. Really sorry for the practise you must have done. We'll make sure it won't happen again.

I'm keeping Rob informed now by pm of all changes to the list.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

It looks like :). Almost default setup.
    I didn't have to much time (and mostly knowledge) to work to the car. The good news is I solved the micro freezing issues. I go back to my HDD from the SSD (in first steep I cloned the HDD to SSD) and everything is (almost) butter smooth
    Had a good race, a little disapointed, but my result it is proportional with the amount of practice :) I put on this track.
    Sorry @Roger Hinds for the hit in the last corner, I hope you car wasn't damaged. And in fact I think you must thank me cause I turn your car in the right direction :D:D:D
    Congratulation to Davide and podium. Amazing drive guys!!!!

• Like Like x 2
  8. John vd Geest

Does anyone have the full replay file? I only have the last 1 hour, because my replay quality was on high and it doesn't save more then 1000 mb.
    Maybe you can upload it?

9. Laurent Londes

Laurent Londes Pro Driver

I couldn't join in the Lister/Tornado either. Looks like Andrew Harper got my car. Was a bit gutted about that since I did register and did laps on server on time. Had a good pace in the Lister too. Joined the server in the Ferrari 5 minutes before qualy start having no practice at all with the car. Managed P8. I tried tweaking the setup while on the starting line for the race, hoping it would work. Unfortunately when I put in 100 liter of fuel my setup was invalid and didn't make it on time for the green light, so I was teleported to the pits. Fixed the setup and left the pits about 10 seconds after the pack was gone, so I was quite far back. Made my way through the pack and pitted twice. Was in P9 just before race end but was 2 liters short and stranded with no fuel with the finish line only 100 meters away.

10. Yusuf Macit

Yusuf Macit Pro Driver

I thought i had it! But i forgot to set the quality to very low after i have reinstalled the game last time and i have only about last few minutes of it. :oops::oops:

11. John vd Geest

I'm really sorry for that Laurent. Although I must say, that you did pretty good going from last to 8th place in a car you didn't know. You would have been right up there in the Lister.
    Hope this incident didn't put you off and you will continue on :). You will be in the Lister for the rest of the season.

12. Laurent Londes

Thanks ! I did have a pretty good race nonetheless. And yes, looking at the qualy times I think I could have battled in front with the Lister. I pitted twice and the Ferrari burns more fuel than the Lister. I had anticipated it a bit but still came a few liters short.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. John vd Geest

No-Shows

The following No-Shows have been taken out of the series:
    1. Kevin Elmes
    2. Karl Steeg

All other absent members had reason.

14. John vd Geest

Good race for me. Although I only got on full steam after Davide passed me back for first place after his pitstop. I thought it was pretty funny that I jumped him for first after he also pitted. But ... he whipped that smile of my face pretty quick by passing me on the long straight after a few laps. That kind of pissed me off and I put my foot down properly to get that place back. But he was just to quick on the straights as he was driving a lower downforce then me and the gap stayed stationairy for 1,5 sec.

Still second place is a good place to start. I will get tougher for me at Road America as the Lister should be a bit slower there then the power cars.
    The Saleen and the Ferrari 550 are the big favorites there.

Thank you all for supporting the series. You made a good show of it on YouTube. Great fun to watch. I saw some really good fights in these awesome cars :)

• Like Like x 2
  15. Laurent Londes

I actually left the pit at the start of the race even later than I thought. There I am going down the pit lane while the race start was 30 seconds before.

16. Laurent Londes

17. Pablo Finotti

Pablo Finotti Pro Driver

It was a good race, with some good battles, but it left some bitter aftertaste for me...

Q:I think I should have some sessions with a psychologist, I can't qualify anymore, it must be some kind of "emotional barrier", but it's really destroying my chances of better results. I did 3 qualifying simulations offline, got 53.2 twice and 53.1 once, then, at real thing, 54.2. Starting from the 2 front rows would have helped a lot to avoid crashes and the damage I had to carry.

R: I had a good start, went from P7 to P5, but had to lift a bit at T1 and dropped to P7 again. At the end of the long straight I was rammed and spun, being hit on the right side of the car several times, luckily one of these hits put me in the right position and I could regain two positions before the next corner, moving from P11 to P9.
    After that, I must apologize to the yellow and blue Lister (Denis, I guess), because I went too deep and ended up hitting that car on the back, I assume. Because, due to the ping difference I have here in Brazil, I didn't actually hit his car, got close, but didn't hit. Maybe it happened the same thing that occured when I was rammed twice at the Gr. C series.
    On the subsequent laps had some good fights with Nathan, Callum and Johnny, but settled on P7, since I couldn't overtake any car, because I had to carry too much aero (2/14), as I couldn't figure out a way to tame the rear end of the car on sectors 2 and 3. It was a hell driving on these corners... and I think all my rivals noticed my struggle at the end of the track, I was holding them back so badly, lol.
    Luckily, after the pits the car got much better, my pace got 1 sec/lap faster, and I was able to run all the laps to the end inside 55, opposed to the mid 56 I was doing before. Thanks to a fast pitstop, I was able to climb to P5, overtaking Yusuf and Callum in the process, which was awesome, because I had clear track ahead and could increase my pace.
    After that, I was reducing the gap to Simon (P4 at the time) at 1-2 secs per lap, I thought he was struggling with the tyres, and that motivated me to keep fighting. At the end, I overtook him, he went out of fuel. Believe me, I know how annoying it is to have an empty tank, I DNF'd at other series for this reason.

The final balance of this race is mixed... if I had qualified better, I could have battled close to the top. But I qualified poorly,was rammed, spun, had to deal with a lot of damage, which slowed me down quite a bit. At the end, I'll take P4 happily, It could (and should) have been much worse.

Grats to all the drivers, everyone raced well and clean.
    Grats to the podium finishers, great, safe pace for you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Pro Driver

It was a decent one to watch. Shame the start was missed completely by broadcastteam. Commentary was good but not as clear compared to last series. So sad for Simon. No mistakes and a good pace and running out of fuel that close... :( but the fight between chris and nathan was the best I have seen in a longtime in online racing! Hats off to both of you. Looking forward to second round.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Davide Ricciardi

Davide Ricciardi Pro Driver

Great stuff John, thanks for keeping me company for the whole race. Actually I made a mistake at pitstop, adding about 10 L more than planned just because I was afraid to run out of fuel. That mistake cost me the 1st position, luckily I've been able to take it back. Well done all, cheers...

• Like Like x 1
  20. John vd Geest

I have send them a message about that missed start.