Round 1 Buenos Aires Historic v1.04 - Sun Apr 12, 2020

Discussion in 'F1 McLaren M23 Season 2 Closed' started by John vd Geest, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

Not very realistic while in VR, but in rF2 you can use the 'look behind' key to have a quick glance behind.
    Can also use the virtual mirrors whilst in VR in rF2

2. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

I've uploaded a setup for Hockenheim on that event page, so you don't have to invest any time in building one.
    See you there :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Martyn McClune

Martyn McClune Pro Driver

Thanks John
    I used an old Bridgehampton one that was still in my game from last install
    I watched my replay and I was actually driving fairly well between errors . I think I lack a little top speed but as usual my aggression with the throttle cost me with too many errors on corner exit
    I use auto clutch and sometimes can get a little out of shape on gear shifts too.
    I will sort my mirrors for the next race
    :)

4. John vd Geest

I fully understand. If you don't have much time to practise, you have to learn a lot in a short time.

5. Paulo Rodrigues

Paulo Rodrigues Pro Driver

Thanks, John vd Geest !

6. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Apologies for my mistake on the first lap at the end of the long straight. I was going a lot faster than usual and I made a newbie mistake. I'm not sure who I forced out onto the grass. Spent a few laps on the flat spotted tyres until I went off the track again. The tyres were completely knackered and I was forced to take an early pit stop. Came out in a good amount of space so I put the hammer down. I was in 15th place. By the time everyone had taken there pit stops I had risen to 7th. Couldn't close the gap to John as my tyres were way past there best. With 3 laps to go I only had fuel for 2.5 laps. So I had to go into fuel saving. Luckily I had a 30 second gap to the guy behind so I was able to cross the line with 0.66 litres in the tank. Phew!

Well do to Dino :) and the podiums.

7. John vd Geest

LOL I was wondering why you let off. :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Jason Whited

Jason Whited Pro Driver

Underneath the setups listed, there are some tabs...."vehicle, load, save, assign"...all those tabs.
    Try clicking the one that says 'vehicle'...it should switch to 'all'.

If you were in a shadow car and the setup was sent from someone using the 'regular car', or vise versa, and you have only vehicle specific setups showing, it won't show up.
    Switching that tab to "all" should fix that for you.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Jason Whited

Jason Whited Pro Driver

As for my race...well, good enough for P3, but could have been better, perhaps.

I suffered a hardware failure just moments into the quali session. The compression spring in my throttle pedal sheered off. I felt it under my foot, started hearing a strange noise when I'd lift, realized what had happened (not the first spring I've broken). However, when it broke the spring sort of folded down into itself and remained in place, so I was able to continue, albeit never sure if I was obtaining full throttle or not. At times, I'd press the pedal and get full output, other times the spring would seemingly prevent that and I'd get like 1/2 - 3/4 throttle...and since there's no pedal overlay in rF2 I had no way to know or visualize this and was never sure.

Made for a very challenging drive, very hard to balance the car. It was a bit sloppy at times.
    Just tried to be as consistent as I could, and drive to the end. Spent most of the race rather lonely on track, but not all that far from others either.

Grats to Dino on the great drive up front, and Toni sleeping his way to P2 :Do_O

Looking forward to the next one, see you all there!

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Michał Mazurek

Michał Mazurek Pro Driver

I know who that was;)
    I will tell him that you are sorry and that this will not happen again:D

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. John vd Geest

That's the first time I've heard of someone having to deal with that during the race.
    It might be my fault, as I had switched on "mechanical failures" on the server.

Hope you have an easier run next time.

• Funny Funny x 3
  12. John vd Geest

I saw the replay .... that's sarcasm next level !! :p:rolleyes:

13. Jason Whited

Jason Whited Pro Driver

Must have been the cause! :eek:

This instance actually makes twice now that I've had such issue (broken compression spring)

TM oem springs kind of fragile, too squishy anyways. Plus they've got thousands of hours on them, so I really can't complain much about the thing eventually breaking. It happens.
    However, it won't happen again. Acquired some springs (that I ended up having to modify a bit, but still) that are far superior. Won't break these bad boys, guarantee that :D

14. John vd Geest

Good news :D

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

My apologies to everyone for not showing on Round 1. Unfortunately I won't be able to do this championship now.
    All the best and good luck all.
    Jos Ogos

• Like Like x 1