Round 1 CTMP Mosport - Sun Jan 12, 2020

Discussion in 'Porsche GT3 Cup challenge (S397) Closed' started by John vd Geest, Oct 27, 2019.

1. Gert-Jan van Osch

Gert-Jan van Osch Pro Driver

First of all my apologies to David Eshchenko for my mistake not reading the regulations sufficient...
    I oversaw that the formation lap was single file and left no space for him to cut in on the formation lap and we had contact in turn one. No damage to my car luckily.

I qualified 3rd... I ran out of fuel halfway during qually (did not pay attention to the fuel gauge)... while I was in a fast lap with almost 0.5s up to my fastest time at that point.

I had a descent start and could overtake David on the back straight after his car became loose coming out of the hairpin... I could catch up with Jason for 10 laps, but then my front tyres became too hot and my car started to push more and more. I had to back off and let Jason go and settle for 2nd place.

In the end my tyres were almost dead and just brought the car home in 2nd place.

Congrats to Jason on his win... CU at the next event...

Kind regards Gert-Jan

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Denis Eshchenko

Denis Eshchenko Pro Driver

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Henri Miettinen

Henri Miettinen Pro Driver

Sorry guys, forgot totally this race! Hope I remember next one.

4. Gert-Jan van Osch

Gert-Jan van Osch Pro Driver

Won't forget it anymore ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

• Like Like x 3
  6. John vd Geest

You just have to love this car. It's quite a different beast from the Porsche GT3 R. The GT3 R almost feels like an arcade car compared to the Cup car. You know what they say ... If you can drive a Porsche Cup car, you can drive anything :).

For the race:
    I was behind Roman Prikryl from start to finish. In the replay I saw that he was 5 km/h faster than me on the back straight. I was a bit faster than him in the corners, but the crucial point for overtaking was coming out of turn 5 the hairpin. Roman took the hairpin like a pro. He was so fast out of there that I had no chance of slipstreaming him.
    In the corners he made his car very wide, so I had no chance there. He had a few wobbles, but no mistake was big enough for me to pass. Great driving on his part. Well done.

Grats to Jason Whited for the win. Well done :)

• Like Like x 2
  7. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Not sure whether you'll be able to do sim racing in the slammer so reign your anger back a bit ;) Bad luck but we've all been there. It was good racing with you. Shame as it was a brewing into a good battle :(

• Like Like x 1
  8. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

These cars are fantastic. I think they're the best S397 mod and maybe the best rF2. The fact that the cars have limited grip and don't go around the track as if on rails makes these cars almost old school in the way they drive. The FFB is sublime, rF2 doing what it does best. This will be a cracking series.

The race was good for me. I qualified in 12th with a PB and although I didn't overtake many cars I managed to finish 7th. I liked the way the tyres worked. If you pushed too hard they'd fade so I had to do some cooling laps before going on the attack again. Good battles with Nick and Barrett made it very enjoyable. But it took its toll on me and I could barely move my neck at the end. I wouldn't last a lap in the real car.

Well done Jason. :)
    Well done to all podiums :)

• Like Like x 2
  9. Carl Middleton

Carl Middleton Pro Driver

Really good cars to drive was looking forward to this race(been awhile) and was having fun until Nick Sayers clipped my car and spun me around and hit the wall had to pit for damage (race over)

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. Lukas Sramek

Lukas Sramek Pro Driver

Beautiful race = thank you for the experience and we look forward to the next race.
    But ... one small reminder (from complete CORE Team). Damage 50% is very very low... :(

• Like Like x 1
  11. John vd Geest

I would like it to be damage 100% for full realism, but we have to give everybody a chance to finish the race.
    Maybe we can do that sometimes, but we can not change settings during an active series. :)

• Like Like x 1