Automobilista 2 Round 1 Daytona Rd.

Discussion in 'USA GTE Challenge Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Sep 8, 2021.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

No problem, you're right. It's not as good as ACC but better than PC2. :)

2. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

I think the versatility of AMS2 is very nice .. Lots of cars & track's to choose from and it plays great & looks fantastic. Reza's roots come from the rf1 & they have a nice approach to how their sim plays out, meaning the fun factor is very high regardless of the "is this real" argument sim racers seem to always bring up. I have never driven a real race car like the GT3's all set up with stiff suspensions & lots of downforces, in ACC you never use as much engine braking as you would in other cars, it's more of a gas , brake, hit the apex experience for me, so as a result, I suck in ACC & just get frustrated lol... With AMS2 it's refreshing to have a car that slides around a little & has some bounce in its step and most of the cars in AMS2 seem to have that going for them so from a fun factor AMS2 wins for me. but if you were a semi-professional wanna-be race car driver wanting to train for GT3's then ACC would probably be your go-to these days.. but it's still a 1 trick pony IMO.. :p:D

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Simon Gymer

Simon Gymer Pro Driver

Shame there's no demo to try because at £35 if i don't like it for the same reasons i don't like PC2 it'll be a waste of money. PC2 just never felt right at all to me. Some cars were ok, but most just felt completely wrong and not connected to the road. ACC is not perfect, but it does have the right car feel for me, as did AC (in a slightly different way).

• Like Like x 1
  4. Balazs Flossmann

Balazs Flossmann Pro Driver Donator

Steam refund?

5. Simon Gymer

Simon Gymer Pro Driver

Used that on my Oculus Quest to try out games, but didn't know you could do that for Steam games too. Thanks for the tip!

6. Balazs Flossmann

Balazs Flossmann Pro Driver Donator

Of course you can ask refund...
    You have max 2 hours in-game (including "menu") time to try out.
    https://store.steampowered.com/steam_refunds/

7. Simon Gymer

Simon Gymer Pro Driver

In which case do I need to know anything about setting up the T300GTE wheel to make it feel good with this game (before I try the "demo")?

8. Rob Milliken

Good question, you could eat up your 2hrs just trying to set up your wheel! o_O;)
    I don't have that wheel so I cant help but if you check the AMS2 forums there's an entire thread dedicated to wheel set ups & tweaking for that "feel" thing ..lol
    Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations | Page 175 | Reiza Studios Forum

9. Simon Gymer

Simon Gymer Pro Driver

175 pages...no thanks. :-D
    Do they let you pick a wheel in game with a default preset? Really annoying having to spend 10 years "fiddling" with FF settings which should be correct out of the box per wheel. :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Rob Milliken

Most of it is comments o_O:rolleyes:..lol main stuff on first & latest on the last page's lol ..but yes I believe there are the wheel cnfgs to choose from .. The ffb is fully moddable so some guys have built ffb files to suit that go in the AMS2 documents folder..
    I'm sure someone here has your same wheel & can chime in when they see this.

11. Simon Gymer

Simon Gymer Pro Driver

It's half price on Steam atm, so I will give that a go when I have a spare evening.

• Like Like x 1