rFactor 2 Round 1 Daytona Road Course - Sun Apr 2, 2023

Discussion in 'IMSA 2023 Sports Car Championship Closed' started by John vd Geest, Feb 25, 2023.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Hm, that sounds like a technical issue on your site because the track does not have issues and works fine.
    Are you using a custom skin?

2. Paulo Tempera

Paulo Tempera Pro Driver Donator

yes my friend
    can we talk at sro teamspeak?

3. Paulo Tempera

ok, was with my friend Taner at the server, and it is like this:
    -enter on the server with my car computer crash to windows,
    - i enter the server with a stock skin then i change to my car all is fine.....any sugestions??? ( i confirm with taner i was able to see my car with my skin.)

4. Taner Selvi

Taner Selvi Pro Driver

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Those are what I see

5. Paulo Tempera

something wrong
    , screenshots not uploaded

6. Taner Selvi

Taner Selvi Pro Driver

Sorry, now.

Attached Files:

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. John vd Geest

Submit your skin file to Andrew Harper (if he doesn't mind) so he can tell you what the problem is. You can send him a message.
    Unfortunately, I have no technical knowledge of skins.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Hi @Paulo Tempera

Sorry I saw your message before I saw this on the forum page.

Yes if you want to send me the original files or whatever you are trying to use and I will check it for you.

Easiest thing is something like wetransfer.com and send me the link, unless you have access to something like Google Drive, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Manuel Estevez

Manuel Estevez Pro Driver

Hi, I have a problem when I enter the server with my custom car. This is what the cockpit view looks like.
    I cant attach .dds or .json files here, so in case I need to send my livery to someone, please tell me how.

Attached Files:

10. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

I think that's just camera position mate. You can assign keys to move the onboard cameras, once that is done it will be saved for you. Otherwise it looks fine. I'm assuming the livery looks ok?

11. Manuel Estevez

Manuel Estevez Pro Driver

No, its not that. In singleplayer works fine. When I join a server with an official car too, but when I use a custom livery, the camera pov changes.

It happened to me also in another league with the C8.R, when I joined with my livery, the cam moved backwards, behond the rollbar, but when I disconnected and connected again with an official car, it was fine.

12. Barrett Erickson

Barrett Erickson Pro Driver

It does look like a "camera" issue. There are restrictions on what driving views the server allows. What camera are you using ("cockpit", tvcockpit", etc.)? Have you tried cycling thru the driving views while in the car?

Are you using the "Head Tilt" plugin, or something like it (I've found it misbehaves sometimes).

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Barrett Erickson

Barrett Erickson Pro Driver

14. Pasha Paterson

Pasha Paterson Pro Driver Broadcaster

Pardon the interruption but I'd just like to briefly mention that it's RACE WEEK!!!!!!!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Stephen Wenham

Stephen Wenham Pro Driver

I am unlikely to make the first two rounds of this series :( but should be ok for the rest of it :)

16. John vd Geest

Thanks for the info.
    Can you please unregister for the events that you can not do? That way others can sign up.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Livery for @Lorne Martin

He was after a Martini style livery for the 488 GTD car. Did the best I could so hopefully he'll be happy! lol

Apologies for the few that emailed me about issues, I really wanted to get this livery done and I haven't raced the Oreca 07 in over a year so I really need to fit some practice in, but I promise to help where I can.

I've left my livery idea for the time being, will use my one from last year for the moment.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  18. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

Hmm..rhis P2 is not what it used to be.
    Feels like a boat that refuses to turn. Used to be such a lively car. Hope its from lemans pack :(

19. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

LOL! Toni, I think you're harking back to the good old(? o_O) Enduracers years. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Yeah I noticed that last night. S397 keep making changes to it, so all my old setups don’t work too well! Lol. It’s still a cool car to drive but I think they have pegged it back like the real car.