rFactor 2 Round 1 Daytona Road Course - Sun Apr 2, 2023

Discussion in 'IMSA 2023 Sports Car Championship Closed' started by John vd Geest, Feb 25, 2023.

1. Manuel Estevez

Manuel Estevez Pro Driver

Sorry for taking so long. I will be doing laps now btw.

Regarding the problem, here I attach 4 photos. The 3 that have a wrong camera position are TV-Cockpit, Front, and cockpit views using my custom car, and the other one (you´ll see the official Ferrari livery) is using one of the official cars.

Attached Files:

2. Barrett Erickson

Barrett Erickson Pro Driver

Hi,
    I was going to ask what "Freemove" is, but i found it in the "cinematic cameras" tab (settings>assign controls). Check it out. if you have a key set to enable it, try using that to disable and/or the "freemove reset".
    upload_2023-3-31_12-35-35.png

• Like Like x 1
  3. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

We are on summertime as of April

The Qual start on GMT 19:00 hours.
    Look at your own "Local Race Time" to see when the race starts in your own country.
    In the example below you can see my own event details. You can find this on the Event page of the race.

upload_2023-4-1_15-50-14.png

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. John vd Geest

[​IMG]

Drivers briefing

1. All 6 events of this series will be broadcasted

Broadcast team: EithaRacingTeam
    Broadcasters: Lorenzo, Sameer & Ricardo
    Twitch broadcast link:
    https://www . twitch . tv / eitharacing (delete the spaces)
    Or go to the headlines on top of the homepage on race day.

2. The use of the Esc. key in Qualification
    Use of the Esc key during Qualifying is the equivalent of stopping your car and getting out. This may be done only in your pit stall. There are very few exceptions to this rule. Here are the only two we will currently consider. These exceptions are subject to change at any time:
    1. You run out of fuel in pit lane before reaching your pit stall.
    2. You sustain damage to your car as a result of another driver and cannot make it back to your pit stall. You must prove your qualifying session was wrecked by another driver and that you made an attempt to return to pit lane.

If you use the Esc key in any location other than your pit stall, your Qualifying session is over and you may not return to the track.

3. Daytona RC Conditions
    1) The race will start at 05:00 PM (in-game time of course)
    2) Time acceleration is x 4. Fuel and Tires are set to normal. This race will start in daylight and end in the night.
    Make sure to put your headlights on "Auto" to avoid being DQ'd from the race when it gets dark!
    3) Cut Track points are set to 10
    4) This race has 100% damage
    5) There is no mandatory pitstop
    6) This event has a formation lap & rolling start.
    7) The LMP2 race starts when the pole-sitter exits the chicane after the first banking.
    8) The GTD race starts when the pole-sitter exits the chicane after the first banking.

4. You can find the password for the race server on the Daytona RC event page.

5. You can find the server by first typing sro

6. Unregistering in time if you can't make it.

7. No-shows (keeping the entry list real)

If a driver does not show without unregistering for that event or letting us know that he can't make it on the event forum, he will be removed from the series.
    If he is no longer interested in the series, it's fine like it is.
    If he forgot about the event, he can sign up for the series again.

(You don't have to unregister for the whole series. You can unregister only for the event you can't do.)

8. Please use the same name in the rFactor 2 game as on our signup list or it won't match in our automated result processing.

9. If you plan to PROTEST another driver, you have to wait 24 hours counting from the end of the race.
    Any protest filed before that time will be viewed as not received. You can find the rules about submitting a protest here.

10. Last but not least ... SIMRACINGONLINE wishes you a great race!

If you have questions, please ask them below.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Pasha Paterson

Pasha Paterson Pro Driver Broadcaster

Can I just say how excited I am to be back with you guys for this series and to try rFactor2 competitively for the first time ever? :D

But also, actual questions:

Will there be a gap between LMP2 and GTD on the formation lap, and is it up to the GTD polesitter to maintain it?

Is there a particular landmark that defines the exit of the chicane, such as the apron line on the oval?

Is there any sort of FCY/VSC procedure for big incidents?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. John vd Geest

Ad1) I will instruct the pole sitter of the GTD class to maintain a 5 second gap to the last LMP2 on the formation lap.

Ad2) The exit of the chicane is the curbstone on the left apex coming out of the chicane.

Ad3) There will be no safety car for accidents. Accidents have to clear themselves.
    Any car involved in an accident will, if possible, prevent the car from rolling in the path of other cars after the incident.
    If a car is stationary on the racetrack and too damaged to move out of the way, the driver of that car must hit Esc.

7. Lorne Martin

Lorne Martin Pro Driver

Is this a No Flag race then?

8. John vd Geest

What does No Flag race mean?

9. Lorne Martin

Lorne Martin Pro Driver

Passing under yellow allowed...

10. John vd Geest

Correct, in that sense it's a no flag race.

11. Barrett Erickson

Am i correct to assume we're doing the standard single-file formation lap?

12. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

and im confused little about after chicane first banking

13. John vd Geest

For this event the formation lap will indeed be done single file because it is difficult to maintain double file through the chicane just before the start.
    But yes, for all other events it will be done double file.

14. John vd Geest

The race will start for both pole sitters at the exit of turn 11.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  15. Barrett Erickson

Hey, Pasha.

The problem is that the game is loading two different skins for you, for some reason. If you try loading your skin via the "customize" button on the base car it should work. Otherwise the standard base skin will.

16. Michael LaBelle

Michael LaBelle Pro Driver

I have too much lag to race. Try again at the next track.

17. Thomas Hölzl

Thomas Hölzl Pro Driver

Unfortunately I had connection problems - hope it works next time!

18. Michele Rizzo

Michele Rizzo Pro Driver

connection lost for me and i when I rejoined the server the game didn't let me resume the race :mad:

19. Gilles da'Silva

Gilles da'Silva Pro Driver Donator

Well, my first race in quite a while was a total wash-out. After qually, instead of taking my place on the grid, I was sent to rFactors main menu, with a message saying something along the lines of: "You were returned to the monitor because you don't own the relevant content". Absolutely unbelievable, particularly as I do own ALL the relevant content! And have raced with it before! And what's happened to no longer having to own all the content anyway?!! Sooooo anoying!
    Watching the race on Twitch with Eitha . . . fun, but not as much fun.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  20. Gilles da'Silva

Gilles da'Silva Pro Driver Donator

Some great battles throughout. Congrats to Toni and Johnny - a masterclass from both. And thank you Eitha for keeping me entertained for the last 90 minutes.

• Like Like x 2