Assetto Corsa Comp Round 1 Donington

Discussion in 'SRO Tuesday Night Racing Ginetta G55 GT4 Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Check here to see about filing protests.
    You can also discuss things here as long as there are no personal attacks!:D We have come along way with this sim as far as good clean driving goes. Last year we started out with 30+ on the grids with all kinds of reckless driving. We now have tuned it down to smaller grids but also some of the cleanest & fair racing I've seen here at SRO so thank you all for that!:)
    That said I did see some slight contact but also saw drivers taking their DT's on lap one. This track is challenging enough dry, add the rain and it could have been a wreck fest :D but that was one of the cleanest rain races I have ever been a part of! Sportsmanship awards to all! 17 of 18 finished! well done all!

Assetto Corsa Competizione Screenshot 2021.04.28 - 11.36.25.55.jpg Assetto Corsa Competizione Screenshot 2021.04.28 - 11.36.00.18.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

For those interested, the replay has been uploaded to the champ page
    Look for the Download Replay link on the right side pannel ;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mark Hightree

Mark Hightree Administrator Staff Member Donator

That sounds fun. I'm a hard core RF2 guy but if you guys have to run full wets on occasion then I am very interested in the sim and your series :)

• Like Like x 3
  4. Vasilis Doumanas

Vasilis Doumanas Pro Driver

A bit update of my first post, after watching the replay..

The black Ginetta was James Bird's car. This was an incident at the and of the first lap, at Melbourne hairpin. I misjudged his breaking point because before the esses, he breaked early, so i decided to do a late braking at Melbourne for overtaking. Of course this time his breaking was not as i expected and we touched hard as he tried to turn. This was 100% my fault, i was waited of course for James to pass by and i gave the position back. Because of its a first lap incident and i didnt do a drive through, i will take any penalty it needs.
    James i am sorry mate :(

The second incident was at second lap at redgate turn. The white Ginetta was Stephen Wenham's car if i remember well. This was not 100% my fault if i can say, because i had the inside already and we touched when he tried to turn in.. I think its a race incident more than my fault and i was the one who spun at this.

Thats all for now :)

Last edited: Apr 29, 2021
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 2