Assetto Corsa Round 1 Estoril

Discussion in 'BMW 235i Racing Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Mar 19, 2021.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

SERVER IS UP

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
  2. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Nice and balanced car, that said default setup was allready good, but did quick tune up since its Estoril. You need little more bang to rear since such a long long turns and it makes fronts cry.
    Also when went into couple corners, heard that "squeek squeek squeek..." from tyres so it means its too stiff or bottoms.
    So long story short, soft as possible front, + raised height, and soft as possible rear +1 click stiffer.
    Front rebound -1 click.
    Rear damp +1 click.
    and then just tyrepressures. Easy car to setup.

Good race overall, @Ken Jagger was following steadily early laps but found some more time in couple corners and better braking marks so eventually pace was good. Just needed to take it easy and smooth with spot on corner entrys, so it wont override the car and compromise exits.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Vasilis Doumanas

Vasilis Doumanas Pro Driver

Not a race for remembering, specially when at last lap i run up of fuel.. :mad:

Qualli was good even if i could do better, but after 2 laps my front left was red already and i messed up the final corner.. Those medium tyres never suited me well..
    So i started the race 4th and after the first corners i was chasing the front runners.. But.. As usual something distracted me, i had a small slide and i lost 2 positions.. pfff..

The very next lap a second mistake found me crashed a bit on a barrier after - again - a slide and here i am at last position and around 20+ seconds behind.. :oops:
    After that i tried to concertrate and enjoy the race, somehow i was 8th behind Kimi and Jari. Kimi managed to pass Jari and for the rest of the race i was chasing Jari
    and trying to be close, hopping for his mistake. 6-7 laps before the end i think, Jari did a mistake, lost control of his car and we touched a bit when were side by side. I dont believe
    that it was my fault, so i passed him and so far i believed i will finish 7th.. Unfortunately my fuel calc was faulty and at the last lap i was run up of fuel and the race was over... :(

Congrats to Toni for the win, Mitchell and Ken for the podium and of course to all guys who raced too.
    Take care all and see you at next round :)

• Like Like x 4
  4. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

Congrats and thanks for the set-up advice @Toni Talvitie

My quali was already horrible, far off from my PB. But the race was even worse. I had bad start which I send me to nearly last. I recovered some positions with a switch back into turn one and then all went south. It is tricky to pass in these 180 degree turns and the first two of my attempts were clumsy. Starting at out braking myself into turn one and then running out of room. A bit unlucky that the first resulted in a bigger shunt and the second in a half spin. I lost ground through that, but I was still in the race. Not for long, the third "crash" was not my fault, my opponent had some snap-oversteer and rammed me off the road into the guardrail.
    I was fuming :mad:

Made it stick in the fourth attempt and finished the race, at least something.

• Like Like x 4