rFactor 2 Round 1 Fuji Speedway - Sun Apr 4, 2021

Discussion in 'Super GT500 & S397 GT3 Asian Region Closed' started by John vd Geest, Feb 8, 2021.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

A funny thing about this series is that we are putting up 2013 Super GT cars against modern GT3 cars (2018 - 2020).
    You might notice this by the way that the 2013 Super GT cars are not flying by the GT3 cars on the straight on sheer horsepower. The difference in laptime, 3 to 4 seconds on Fuji, comes from the fact that the Super GT is 250 kilo's lighter then the GT3's and has better cornering and braking. Especially braking.

At the time in 2014 the Super GT cars had 650 bhp. When you compare that to the modern GT3 cars, the bhp difference is not that big.
    The top speeds of the 2013 Super GT and the Modern GT3 cars is also very comparable. The top speed difference is only 10 km/h in favour of the Super GT on the Fuji main straight and depends on the rear wing angle. The Super GT cars are faster, but only 3 to 4 seconds (maybe 5 for the aliens) per lap.

So what's the moral of this story ... The 2013 Super GT drivers will have their work cut out for them in this multiclass series :)

GT500 Specification (2014-present)

GT3 Ferrari EVO 2020

Engine
    Configuration 90ยบ V8
    Location Front, longitudinally mounted
    Construction aluminium alloy block and head
    Displacement 3,902 cc / 238.1 cu in
    Valvetrain 4 valves / cylinder, DOHC
    Fuel feed Direct Fuel Injection
    Lubrication Dry sump
    Aspiration Twin Turbo
    Power 600 bhp / 448 kW @ 7,000 rpm
    Torque 700 Nm / 516 ft lbs @ 6,000 rpm
    BHP/Liter 154 bhp / liter

Drivetrain
    Front Brakes ventilated carbon ceramic discs, 390mm (15.4 in), ABS
    Rear brakes ventilated carbon ceramic discs, 332mm (13.1 in), ABS
    Gearbox 6 speed Semi-Automatic
    Drive Rear wheel drive

Dimensions
    Weight 1,260 kilo / 2,778 lbs
    Length / Width / Height 4,633 mm (182.4 in) / 2,045 mm (80.5 in) / 1,090 mm (42.9 in)
    Wheelbase / Track (fr/r) 2,700 mm (106.3 in) / N/A / N/A
    Tyres (fr/r) 30/68 - 18 / 31/71 - 18

Last edited: Apr 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

Maybe someone can help. Can't get on the server. The server is downloading the Mercedes AMG GT3 and then after the download it says, "An error occurred Unable to install Mercedes AMG GT3 requires unknown base mod to be installed. Please try turning to the main menu, or restarting the game. Then it gives me two choices. Main menu or Quit game. Hmmmm. I have the GT3 pack and purchased it before I believe the Merc came along.

Edit: Found that I can purchase the black and yellow Merc on it's own. Maybe that's the problem? I'm so great with computers LOL.

Edit...again:
    Ok, maybe I don't need to purchase it. o_O

Any help would be appreciated.

Johnny

Last edited: Apr 1, 2021
  3. John vd Geest

There is a test server running at the moment with the Mercedes AMG. An admin has fixed the problem, but we announced earlier that we will not use the Mercedes, so it stays out for this series. The Mercedes will be part of all future GT3 based series.
    When I get home tonight I will set up the correct practise server without the Mercedes.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Johnny Gutierrez

Thanks John. Appreciate the info.

5. Neil Wood

Neil Wood Pro Driver Donator

Will the in game time be later in the evening? The textures are pretty bright!! Track has not been adjusted very well for DX11.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. John vd Geest

No, it's an old track. There is not Fuji DX11.
    We are running on Summertime now. GMT is always the same, but the clock has moved 1 hour ahead on Summertime.
    You can see on the event pages the actual starting time as our system adjusted that automatically on the basis of the country where you live.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2021
  7. John vd Geest

The official practise server is up.

8. Neil Wood

you misunderstand. in game for lighting purposes. midday is too bright on non dx11 tracks

9. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

Very sorry but I'm also struggling with getting the cars installed and properly working... I hope to see you all in the next race.
    Jos

10. Alex Moore

Alex Moore Pro Driver

Have to say i did enjoy that race quite a bit. There wasn't to much interaction between the classes which might be a blessing in disguise.
    Managed to do the quali lap of my life which got me pole (still have no idea how i managed that time)
    Started the race with full intention of taking that set of tyres to end. Unfortunately i had a @Mark Hightree up my gearbox for the first half of the race and made me push my tyres far harder than i wanted too. Anyway the pit stops came around and when i came out i was well clear of everyone else so i guess everyone else took tyres?
    As it turns out slow and steady does actually win the race.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. Mark Hightree

Mark Hightree Administrator Staff Member Donator

That was a lot of fun. Enjoyed being "up the gearbox" of @Alex Moore for the first half. He never made a mistake and I didn't have a single chance to overtake. Decided not to change tires. That seemed to save me about 25-30 seconds in the pit but i lost that time to Joe with about 5 laps left and he finished about 5 seconds ahead of me, although the scoring shows him a lap ahead. That seems odd to me. But just getting on a GT podium is always a victory for me :) Good racing with GT500s who seemed to catch me a lot in the long right hander, turn 3 or 4. That turn is tricky and even more fun side by side with a faster car. Looking forward to China. See ya there.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Johnny Gutierrez

Congrats to the GT3 class winner. To all podiums and of course, all finishers. Tough race for sure.

I came, I conquered, I left. Booyah. That's what I really want to say but I won't. What I will say is, I had great fun. Start of race I went right as I didn't want to get punted. But then John went even more right, so I was like, oh crap, someone's their. I had fun watching other people duke it out. Man, some of those moves were crazy lol. I wanted no part. I just kept her clean pretending I didn't own the car and that I think got me through the race without a scratch. I came into this race thinking I was going to be mid pack. I didn't expect to get pole or even be in the front. Toni and Jos are a bit of aliens but Jos didn't show and Toni, well something happened. I wasn't waiting for the rest to catch so I just left. Race mostly in engine 2 settings I think you call it. The car was already running hot. Saving gas pretty much. I had fun.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Start was bad and those early laps were little slippery and was settling into the race.
    Started to feel comfortable soon but kept it cool as that low wing setup was little delicate to keep clean.
    Thought just following leader until pits and give little pressure whole time and had little more pace in me but had to just run smooth and see how tyres go in 1st stint.
    Then suddenly my rears went and overtook my fronts! Was yelling at them and asking whatta hell them were doing but never really got an satisfying answer.
    Like the car and looking forward for the next one.

Gz winners!

• Like Like x 3
  14. Neil Wood

Was a painful night of racing but ended up just pacing myself to the end.

Wasn't too impressed with the pace lap behaviour.... I did my best to get in double file in the last turn. The car on my left just kept accelerating and hard braking all the way up the straight until the green flag went. The car behind probably didn't have a clue when the green flag was actually dropping with this erratic car behaviour. Probably keeping pace with the car in front in the best practice?? Otherwise cars further down the grid aren't going to know what is going on especially with the accordion effect.

Got to lap 2 and I was dive bombed well into the braking zone. Glad I could look to the right and watch the car sail passed. Tried to cut back and get away from their boot lid and I was pinned to the right side of the track with little room to spare. The car exited turn 1 beside me then continued to turn into my side, bang bang bang bang, all the way until turn 2 where I just held it wide and took the position back. Not sure what all that door banging was about.

Near the end of the lap braked for the right hander chicane (hate that corner) and car behind screwed up their braking completely and speared off the track, narrowly missing my rear. 90 mins race can't be won on first 2 laps it seems, but can be lost.

I was shocked to find myself in 2nd place for most of the race and it took a number of laps before the GT3s came into view. Did my best to make my intents clear when lapping by pulling off the racing line to pass and waiting behind when it was too risky.

Paced myself for the full 90 mins with a pit stop, could have pushed further but these cars can be a bit loose when pushing too hard.

Not looking forward to china.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1