Round 1 Highlands Long - Thu Mar 19, 2020

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa GT Legends Closed' started by John vd Geest, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Syd Drake

Syd Drake Pro Driver

OK. I thought that was 48 hours before the race.

2. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Password has been set on the eventpage.

3. Syd Drake

Syd Drake Pro Driver

John, could you add Oliver Rakonjac to Drake Racing? And set his flag to Bosnia, like mine?

4. Oliver Rakonjac

Oliver Rakonjac Pro Driver

I wasn't practicing here, BMW wasn't available (registered abit too late) so skipping this one.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
  5. Mark Hightree

Mark Hightree Administrator Staff Member Donator

Oliver has been added to team Drake Racing. He will need to unregister from the series and then re-register and select the team from the drop down list.

To set your country flag, select Personal Details from the drop down menu. The select your country from the Country list and then click Save Changes.

upload_2020-3-19_18-32-18.png

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

Great fun yesterday guys. For me, having arrived late and not qualified well, the race was primarily a psychological ;) and strategic race against @Maxime Tendil with the green daytona that, by a bit of luck with the pit strategy (pure chance), worked to my advantage. Great grid and race overall. Congrats to the podium and thanks to @John vd Geest for setting this up.
    Also thanks to @Caitlin Penny for the great live commentary (although she missed my crossing the finish line!).
    The race from my perspective here (Hope you enjoy!):

Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. John vd Geest

Thanks to Caitlin Penny for another fantastic commentary session. She really knows how to set the mood.

Grats to Davide Ricciardi for winning round one with a commanding performance. Untouchable :cool:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. John vd Geest

No-shows

These drivers did not show up for the race without unregistering. If they no-show a second time then, unfortunately, I have to remove them from the series.

Edit: I forgot that they were there, but left the race.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

I disagree with you : you just did better Jos ! ;) Plus I did 2 faults (1 by focusing on my fuel gauge while a tough braking was going to arrive and 2nd one when I tried to push hard in the last lap trying to get closer to you.
    It was tough track for me, didn't know it very well, my qualif was no good. Still I managed to improve the laptimes a bit during the race.

Congrats to podium, particularly imperial Davide Ricciardi, and Tim muttram for the very nice battle with Laurent Londes, Louis Defor and Phil Brown.
    Good job from you all guys.
    Many thanks to John for the series, I hope the attendance will keep high over the time.
    And of course a special thank to Caitlin for her great broadcast ! :cool:

On a side note John, I'm not sure at all but I think that Oliver tried to make the race (was in Q) but retired just before the race start for any reason.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Oliver Rakonjac

Unregistering on the Cahmpionship page? That is the only "unregistration" option I see. Sorry I'm a newbie around here.

11. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

If you can't make the races, yes it's the way to go. You sure you can't ? :/

12. Laurent Londes

Laurent Londes Pro Driver

I had completely lost track of this championship and saw it by chance on the sidebar of the site on Wednesday. Glad I did because I didn't want to miss this one :)

Qualified P2, was funny to see Louis going in the wall on the last lap and me doing the exact same thing later :) And no, that wasn't quicker I think :)

Louis jumped me on the start. That meant I had Tim breathing down my neck for the next 40 minutes :eek: The noise that BMW motor makes was very unnerving, especially when it hit the rev limiter. Was like me-me-me-me all the time, like a Mickey Mouse voice... I hated it haha. The lap before my stop I hit the wall slightly, I had a small freeze before turning in and turned in too late because of it :confused: I don't think it would have mattered for the end result though. I was surprised to have made up so much ground on Louis during the pit stop. I even refueled too much.. Not sure if he started on full tank.. I did. Last two rounds I noticed Louis started making small mistakes so I kept the pressure on and he hit the barrier and went sideways, I was able to pass without colliding with him. P3, happy with the result. The cars are fun to drive ! Also great to have this many drivers, I hope it remains the same for the next rounds !

Well done, Davide and Tim, Louis and Phil. Well done to all. Broadcast was great to watch again, thanks Caitlin ! See you next round !

• Like Like x 3
  13. John vd Geest

You don't have unregister from the full series if you can't make an event. Just go to the event page you can't do and unregister from that one :)

14. John vd Geest

Oh yeah, that's right and Paul left in practise as he didn't select a car before. My bad. I will edit the post.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. John vd Geest

Love the Cobra logo on the steering wheel. Lovely touch :cool:.
    That's not a G29 steering wheel is it? :p:D Hardcore vintage stuff man!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Syd Drake

Syd Drake Pro Driver

Oliver couldn't select BMW. Maybe it wasn't set on the server in time for the race?

17. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

Thanks @John vd Geest. A new 'shelby' logo is in the makings (perhaps for the next race... and yeah, I like the hardcore vintage stuff :cool:.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  18. John vd Geest

Did anyone have any problems with selecting his car and skin they requested before the first event?

19. Oliver Rakonjac

Indeed, no extra BMW's were available for me (3 BMW's were occupied).

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. Laurent Londes

Laurent Londes Pro Driver

I wanted to compare the De Tomaso Pantera Gr. 4 released by Pessio with the one from the GT Legends pack which we recently drove.

This model is better and handling is more twitchy (and fun) for sure. The driving characteristics are comparable but certainly more pronounced in this version. Sounds are not that great. Not sure if I had the updated version though.. Also, I am about 8 seconds slower with this one, but there is certainly room for improvement.

Get it here : https://www.racedepartment.com/downlo...