Round 1 Highlands Long - Thu Mar 19, 2020

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa GT Legends Closed' started by John vd Geest, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

My first race here at SRO and was very pleased with the racing. So nice to see a full pack of classic gt cars and I had someone to race for nearly the whole hour. My BMW was at a definite pace disadvantage here as even the little 906 left me standing on the long straight. But hopefully it will even out at other tracks. Tim showed what the car is still capable of but I couldn’t get near his alien lap times. Loved the various pit strategies too, meant I gained a couple of places at the stops eventually, not needing as much fuel as some of the power cars:) Mostly good clean racing from what I saw though my team mate got thumped on lap 1 :(
    Happy with 10th on my first attempt on a new track (to me) and with a new car :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Vasilis Doumanas

Vasilis Doumanas Pro Driver

Was a fun race for me too, the first quarter was good for me i was trying to avoid mistakes, i had a good start without problems and gained one position (i started 12th).. But.. as Davide said and its true, the 906 is hard to drive it at the limit, so when i was trying to push hard then somehow a barrier was appearing in front of me LOL.. In my hands, the 906 could do a 3:55 for sure ( i did a low 3:56 at quali) and if i was more concentrate and avoiding mistakes i am sure i could be at the first 10th (considering the no pit stop strategy). But my lack of consistency costed me time and places.. Anyways it was a great fun and i really loved the full grid of excellent drivers and some aliens among them lol. Cant wait for the next race :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

A fantastic start to the series, and an unexpected podium place too boot! :D

In all honesty I wasn't even expecting to be in the top 5 with the BMW due to the stupid short gearing (It raced at Le Mans, Pretty sure it had longer gear ratios in real life!).
    Qualifying 4th was a nice surprise, and finding I had slightly better race pace than Laurent was another bonus. Unfortunately having the car hit it's limiter at 170 meant that even when I'd done well and got really close to him (or past as on any of the 9 million times I did so in the race) he could just drive around me on the second half of the straight provided he entered it within about a second of me from the preceding corner:mad:

I was 95% certain the CSL would need less fuel at the stop and allow me to pass him - but I obviously wanted to pass earlier so I could move up and harass Louis for 2nd.
    All of this allowed Davide to simply dance off into the distance...

Phil managed to jump me while I pitted despite his off - but my new tires made it fairly easy to catch back up, then the CSL's power allowed me to just drive around him when I did catch up (the Porsche isn't all powerful see ;) ).
    In the final stages of the race I pushed like crazy in the hope Davide would either have an off or just back off too much without realising how close I was getting - didn't work although I did manage to close the gap and steal 3 points from him with the race fastest lap :p

Apologies to Laurent for the bump at the hairpin, I'd comitted to the pass when you moved over and couldn't slow any harder (you can see the lockup on the broadcast - and then the camera angle misses contact and just makes it look like Laurent ran wide:D) hence waiting for you to rejoin and having an unexpected fight with Phil..

Congrats to Davide and Laurent on the podium and to all of our finishers. I'm gutted for Kimi on running out 50 meters before the line!

• Like Like x 4
  4. Davide Ricciardi

Davide Ricciardi Pro Driver

yeah Tim, I backed off after the pit stop as I wasn't under threat and I wasn't really sure about fuel, but I forgot to set a fast lap to pick up the 3 points available and I found that out watching the race the next day. I was so gutted, you basically neutralized my 3 points for the pole position. :mad::p

Very entertaining race, full of fights for positions, even tho the streaming quality was really bad was a pleasure to watch. See you all in France mes amis. :D

5. Stefan Lagodin

Stefan Lagodin Pro Driver

Hi all. Also my first race here at SRO. Loved the fact there is always someone to battle with during the race. The tactics gave it an extra dimension too. Altough the CSL was not a match on the straights I managed a 14th qualy spot. Had a decent start, but got rear ended at the end of the long straight. I think Christian was seeing an opportunity with his fast Pantera, but ended up in my bumper. I am sure it was unintentional and something that has happend to me too somewhere in my carreer for sure.
    I could proceed without too much damage and ended up in 12th after 60 minutes of fun. Nice feature that the race was broadcasted. Thank you Caitlin.
    Looking forward to seeing you all in France next week.

• Like Like x 2