Assetto Corsa Comp Round 1 Hungaroring

Discussion in 'FKR ACC GT3 Championship Series 2 Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Mar 22, 2021.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Last edited: Apr 11, 2021
  2. Taner Selvi

Taner Selvi Pro Driver

Can you please clear time X and time in game for race session which is very important for tire pressures. And also the practice session has better simulate race time.

3. Rob Milliken

Time X = 1
    In game start time 2pm
    Weather randomness = 4

• Like Like x 2
  4. Mark Ekins

Mark Ekins Pro Driver

Eeek is there any car that feels ok around here? This season is not going to go well.

Aston feels ok but slow, Audi felt too edgy on the back end, maybe i try the Maclaren?

5. Henri Miettinen

Henri Miettinen Pro Driver

Aston is probably the most balanced car. It can be slow here, but it won't be in every track.

6. Mark Ekins

Mark Ekins Pro Driver

Its not me its you!

Practising on the server i was occasionally doing mid 47's but would then typically fall off, just not consistently fast at all. Thought i'd try and do some online races as more practise as i have not really driven the track much. On the AOR servers i was doing low 46's easily and had no really grip issues in the races! But the track temps were considerably lower; 19C air, 30C track. So its the higher temps are just hurting me.

7. Alex Sander

Alex Sander Pro Driver

Hey Rob is there anything different with fuel consumption on the server? I'm finding that I'm using much more fuel in race vs practice in identical conditions.

8. Henri Miettinen

ACC does not have such a feature

9. Rob Milliken

Henri is correct. Make sure you're using the 2019 version of the track as this will give you the latest tire model & bop. That's the only thing I can think of that might make it different or it could be weather/temperature-related?

10. Rob Milliken

Interesting .. In the ACC server cfg there is only one line for temps & I have just adjusted it from 22 to 20 "ambientTemp": 20, so let's see if it makes a deference..

11. Mark Ekins

Mark Ekins Pro Driver

So what sets the track temp as that will have the most impact on the tyres?

I'm 60% certain i will go with the Audi but still want to give the Aston another go to see if i can compare times.

12. Rob Milliken

Cloud level & time of day/sun ... it's a pretty advanced system, everything is built around the weather algorithms designed by kunos, they built it using common weather found in the regions.
    You can read about it in the admin handbook found in your ACC folders, it's in the server folder.

This is how our server is set as of today (I just made these adjustments)
    "ambientTemp": 19,
    "cloudLevel": 0.3,
    "rain": 0.1,
    "randomness": 4

Before I made the adjustments rain & clouds were at 0 .

13. Alex Sander

Alex Sander Pro Driver

OK thanks, still very odd. Identical track and conditions to race in practice, but always get hit with more fuel on race day.

14. Rob Milliken

I wonder if its time of day? The P sessions start at 12 noon and run 2 hrs and are over at 2pm, (we use day 2 rather then day1 because day 1 has a completely green track,) Q is also on day 2 but it starts at 2 pm to match race day, Race day is day 3 or Sunday.
    So maybe the later in the day temps can affect milage ? Lol who knows?

15. Mark Ekins

Mark Ekins Pro Driver

Are you sure the varible setting is for conditions developing over the time? Jumped in and out few times of the server, annoyingly it doesnt keep the server running but the condtions kept changing. Almost like it was generating different settings each time.

16. Rob Milliken

That's the randomness level .. Each time the server restarts (or when its empty) the random factor kicks in and based on those settings it will change, it will also do this over a 3 day cycle. So as long players stay on the cycle will look like this for P1 Q & R It will be using the same algorithm until the server again restarts, then another algorithm will take effectt.
    upload_2021-4-15_14-7-0.png

• Like Like x 1
  17. Rob Milliken

On race day the server will be restarted at 17:00 GMT (6 pm BST) for the start of the official practice -P1. As soon as the first player joins (as long as the server stays occupied) the weather algorithm for this round will be set .. If you have joined and rejoined the server a few times while practicing during the week you might have noticed that no 2 sessions are alike .. that's the randomness set at 4 doing its thing. Just like the real drivers & crews, we will need to get on track as soon as possible on race day to set our cars up for that session's weather.
    You might say this makes it hard to practice during the week because you never know what weather the next session might contain, & this is exactly what I want lol :p. To be the champion you need to be able to adjust for any & all circumstances just like the real drivers.
    Keep in mind that the settings used for the series are mild at their worst, with 0.1 for rain & 0.3 for clouds. The scales for both only go from 0.0 to 1.0 where 1.0 is a monsoon.:eek:
    Also remember IRL weathermen/women or meteorologists only need to be right 50% of the time to keep there jobs :D

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
  18. Rob Milliken

Good luck all!
    Race day PW set on the Champ page! Offical P1 starts @ 17:00 GMT - 2hr session.
    Here's to everyone getting off to a good start! Cheers all & let's all behave ;)
    Remember the lap 0ne zero contact rule is in effect. Cause a spin or knock a driver off track =instant DT if you do it on lap one. (anything after lap one you have the option to wait for the driver to recover and regain his position or do a DT)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Henri Miettinen

I'm not sure I'll get into the race. And I haven’t even chosen a car yet. Maybe I pick Lexus or Bentley with aggressive setup, since I have been driving for Ferrari and Porsche so much already. If I can race today.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
  20. Rogerio Santos

Rogerio Santos Pro Driver

Hello, if anyone wants to see the team cars with the skin, I will leave the skins available here ... :)

SRO.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2