rFactor 2 Round 1 Hungaroring

Discussion in 'DTM 2019 Preview Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
  2. Ken Jagger

Server is up

3. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Hi everyone, I signed up for this one without realising that at 5.15pm I'm working on most of those Saturdays! :(

However I'm working furniture deliveries this Saturday so I'll be home. I'll join in on other races when I can.

Otherwise I'm sorry I can't make all the events.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Hi. Very sorry for not making it tonight.

Been at work all day and just finished furniture deliveries. Didn’t realize that due to staff holidays they’d doubled the amount. So we had 13 items to deliver. I’m shattered. Lol

Not sure whether to do the gt3 race later on. See how I feel.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Had a lot of graphic issues with continued freezing.

6. Nigel Middleton

We have to work to help us pay for our hobbies Andrew :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Ken Jagger

Something on your PC changed Nigel?

8. Martino Maggiolo

Martino Maggiolo Pro Driver

Hi guys...got caught up in a bender early on:(...car was a mess. Had fun though...i will cya's next week

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sergey Nevedomsky

Sergey Nevedomsky Pro Driver

I have a little bit freeze, bad computer, sorry.
    Sorry, but i think Dino is a cheater.

10. Nigel Middleton

I have had freezes in the past Ken pc and graphics card are passed there sell buy date have another pc not set it up yet.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Nigel Middleton

No he is not he is one of them sim racers who is very fast, I have known him from our r2p days before this site was set up.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

Well, it was a bad race for me. First of all I didn't had time to practice due to my (unsolved) comp problem. Still, I had a good start and for few laps had good race, then in lap 5-7 my phone ring. Usually I put my phone as I can see the screen, but today I forgot :(, so I lean to took it and ... bang ... in T2, in the fence :mad:. 5 minutes repair then speeding in pit lane, Stop&Go :confused:, then when was 10 minutes to the finish I saw my fuel is 1.8/lap, my fuel mix was at 1 o_O.
    Congratulation to podium and to all survivors !!!

13. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Fun race for me. Many good fights. Mark Hightree and me always seem to drift together in the end of a DTM race LOL. Same pace, so I finished behind him. Nothing I could do.
    Only bad thing was that I locked my brakes before turn 2, came off line and hit Scott Ring. We spun together. Sorry Scott, totally my fault.

14. Scott Ring

Scott Ring Pro Driver

Np John, I dont think it changed my race much, I might have been close enough to make Ken sweat at the end but he would've said; "Scotty..It's not gonna happen".
    Pretty fun close pace with Jens and Kens until Jens had a problem last lap or so. It was good to shake the rust off and get back in da saddle.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Ken Jagger

I was surprised to see Jens behind us so late in the race, so not sure what happened to him. For once I was able to hold the gap to Scott without wilting under the pressure he usually manages to deliver. I was hoping that Dino would lap them both leaving me to complete the final lap in the clear, but Scott managed to stay ahead of him so I had to keep the last lap clean, which I did.
    An unexpected bonus moved us both up the finishing order, when Carl had his engine let go. From the replay it looked like it was caused by an over-rev when changing down hard going into the 1st chicane :eek:. It's a tough pill to swallow for sure, but we've all been there before. Sorry to see Nigel go out so soon with GFX issues, when he doesn't get the chance to race much these days :(

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ruslan Kocherzhenko

Ruslan Kocherzhenko Pro Driver

Thanks to everyone for the race! It was my debut on this site.

I had a good start, but it's seems a little bit dangerous at braking. Next laps were difficult because I was trying to overtake Jens Roos. Finally, we crashed. Who's guilty?

An interesting situation I've seen in mirrors:DThank God that he saved his car :D

17. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

It also depends on from where you look at the incident, but yes I was not going 100% parallel to the white line.

upload_2018-10-21_1-33-51.png

It was very unfortunately for both of us and most of all for 3rd part involved, dropping me back to 16th place.
    Manage to get back to 8th place but when 1.5lap to go my engine failed for some unknown reason.
    The racing was otherwise very good and will for sure be some more great races further on.

18. Sergey Semenikhin

Sergey Semenikhin Pro Driver

I think the situation is similar. Mark Hightree knocked me out the same way.

19. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

From the video, it looks like you were moving over a little bit to take your line for the next lefthander, but Mark was already there with his nose. He's in your blindspot so I guess you didn't see him there.

20. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

Race started off well, then went downhill towards the end.

First 10 laps were quite intense. Trying to find a way past John vd. Had a run on him into T1 once, but he closed the door on me forcing me to back out. I saw on replay that you flashed lights after that corner. Wondering if that was a 'heck, why did you just hit me' or a 'sorry, didn't see you on the inside there'. Hopefully the latter :cool:

Then had some intense pressure from Carl behind which allowed John ahead to ease away. Carl made a slight error allowing Mark to pass him and be behind me.

Mark then tapped me into a lazy spin. I then spent what felt like the next 8 minutes doing pirouettes on the grass trying to point in the right direction :D destroying my tyres in the process :rolleyes:

:D:D:D

Pitted there and then for new tyres, and pushed to try to make up time, causing another spin and smashing the car to pieces. Another 2 minute pitstop for repairs put me right down the order, so just a cruise to the finish.

Things to note for next round:-
    Put more fuel in. If I didn't crash and was running up front still on the lead lap, I'd have ran out of fuel so would have dropped down the order anyway.
    Sort braking out, on the replay I was locking the tyres a lot
    Open the cooling more. I was overheating following John early on and had to move out of the draft to cool engine

• Funny Funny x 1