rFactor 2 Round 1 Hungaroring

Discussion in 'DTM 2019 Preview Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Sep 13, 2018.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

At the time it was a "heck, why did you hit me" because you made contact with me before and I was worried at the time that you were going to crash me. After watching the replay I thought, well, that's just racing on the limit. He's trying to get by.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

I don't recall any contacts before this :confused: Will have another look at the replay.
    There was another a few laps later into T5 where you left a little gap, but that was a little optimistic of me.

3. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Oh right, my memory fails me :confused:.
    Shame about your spin, you were doing some solid pace.

4. Andrew Williams

Had a look at replay, and cannot see any visible contacts between you and myself prior to the T1 incident. :)

5. Mark Hightree

Mark Hightree Administrator Staff Member Donator

That's exactly what happened. Sorry about that Sergey. I was not going to fight you for the next turn and would have followed you through but you moved over on me before we had the chance to make the turn. Thanks for the replay John.

I have not watched the replay but from the video you posted it does look like I tapped you lightly in the turn. Not sure how we got so close in that turn, whether you braked early or I braked too late, but I was not on the throttle and possibly locking up my brakes. It was totally unintentional and I don't normally follow cars that close through turns. Sorry about that. Carl got by me there and stayed ahead of me until he blew his engine on the last lap. I was very surprised to see that.

6. Andrew Williams

Hey Mark,
    I didn't show the incident on the video cause it was nothing really. I was more showing my comical return to track :D

It was probably a combination of both. My tyres were starting to go off from locking them so much so may have braked a touch earlier than normal, and you maybe braked a little later than normal too.
    Looks like you took that corner a bit quicker than me too, so that probably caught you out with me still being at the apex, and not gone :cool:

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  7. Sergey Semenikhin

Sergey Semenikhin Pro Driver

that's right I did not see him.
    Everything is good Mark. I have no complaints.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018