Assetto Corsa Round 1 Imola

Discussion in 'Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale Campionato Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

I don't get you Paul.. This car is a "Stradale" = "Road" car. Even not all race cars from that era were able to be used without clutching, espacially while downshifting. Most of the time you had to use clutch, and to heel and toe. Even for some, you'd actually prefer to heel and toe + double clutch in order to keep your gearbox safe. That's what makes classic cars driving so pleasant imo.
    I don't own rFactor2 but what you're saying makes me less likely to buy it in the end.. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Yes agree with you. But I suffer from a muscular problem which means I cant dance my feet on the pedals. Well not for a whole hour anyway. I would love to be able to drive these cars as intended but sadly I can't. I'd just love it to be an option. The flappy paddle brigade have an enormous advantage as they can drive these cars without damaging the gearbox. If this race had been set at 100% damage this would have been an unfair advantage.

Don't let me put you off buying rFactor 2 it's an excellent sim. It's FFB is way better than AC imo. You wont be disappointed apart from maybe the lack of content compared with AC. S397 has improved the sim over the past couple of years to bring graphical improvements and some great DLC content. :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

:)

About driving style : I'm with you, this Alfa race brought me on my knees (figuratively and really as my right knee suffered from the 1 hour heel and toe's.. And I had other pains though I'm only 36.. :eek: But this race came after a 45 mn F1 '75 race in the Monaco streets. :rolleyes:

About rFactor2 : I did try it yet and definitely would like to try it again but I quite disliked it. On the FFB point, it prolly depends on our stuff and above all peripheral settings, and in-game settings also ofc, because to me AC's FFB is just great and rFactor was pretty bad. I had tried to fiddle with, but no real success. Maybe later..

4. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

For those who get pains from heal and Toeing, if they're foot related then I recommend getting some proper race shoes.
    I still have a pair from back when I had my 7 and they make a world of difference comfort wise.
    Don't know if it will help regarding legs pains though - only practice and exercise will solve them I'd imagine.

5. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Looks like we could be getting into a 'Which Sim is Better' conversation. So I'm out of here ;)

6. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

I use 'Old Man' slippers. Nice and comfy. Don't have a pipe yet though :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

Nah, wasn't my point at all. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

I was thinking to this very point these days ! I use nice tiny old shoes but they're quite flexible between the toes and the metatarsal bone, which leads to my toes producing a big effort to keep the pressure on the brake pedal (which is quite hard, CSP v3). I'd like the bone to participate more in this effort. Do your racing shoes fit what I'm talking about you'd say ?
    About the right knee, heh, yes I exercise it since a lot of time but it's still a tough aspect here.

9. Henri Miettinen

Henri Miettinen Pro Driver

@Paul Anstey I'm not sure, but I think you get auto clutch on, if you clear that clutch pedal axis thing in settings.

10. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

I'll give that a go. Cheers :)

11. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

Hmm, I'm not sure. They have a very stiff sole from the heel to the base of the toes (so roughly the metatarsal) but the toes are very flexible to allow you to walk almost normally.
    In addition there is no padding in the sole really as they are obviously not intended to be walked in very far!
    They are an old pair of Sparco Top 3's, I guess the modern equivalent would be these:
    https://www.sparco-official.com/en/racing/clothing/shoes/stivaletti-slalom-rb-3-1-tg-36-az.html
    Find a motorsports shop and go try some on, as they are meant to be a tight fit (like helmets) it is quite important to have tried a few.

They suit me fine but I don't use my toes for much of the pressure on the brake pedal, if anything I only use my toes to apply fine pressure changes in some situations.
    It's something I try not to do as I usually get cramp if I do it!
    As in a real car the action of heel and toeing is all in the ankle with these.

• Informative Informative x 1