rFactor 2 Round 1 Jerez

Discussion in 'Studio 397 LMP2 & GT3 Endurance Series Closed' started by John vd Geest, May 3, 2019.

1. Barrett Erickson

Barrett Erickson Pro Driver

Just in case you were asking about pit behavior in rF2, it _is_ different from Assetto Corsa. You can "physically" hit and damage cars in the pit lane.

And there _is_ a possibility that you might find another car in your pit box if the mod and track have a common flaw.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Henri Miettinen

Henri Miettinen Pro Driver

OMG I suck! I was a leader and spun and shut down the car and I had no keys to start the car. Game over!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Yes. Too much of that milk i guess. Had hard one too.

Q was ok. But should have used med tyres. Tried to push with softs but them just heated up and got slippery. Only 3 tenths faster than did with half tank and meds.

R was horrible. Too much milk in system. Start was good but then that drink got into brain and spun. Following Johnny and Roberto for a good while. Was great watching how
    we took traffic...noone tried to gain advantage but just be smooth. Except me lol. Had brain fart: You know the feeling when beer gets into head but not drunk nor sober, something stupid in between so I decided to just get rid of all cans and be done with it, so next few laps had few beers and kinda lost rhythm of the setup and car i had under me.
    Car feels awkward when the driver cant input what the car expects :D
    Took early pit and put hards. Then came the pit stages for the rest and everyone seemed to have very quick one. Was 3rd. Johnny's race it was but stop and go I guess for speeding so got to 2nd and Roberto didnt swap tyres i guess so in last 5 minutes or so, got him and won.
    Between Johnny and Roberto i spun 2nd time and broke my car. Was shitty in corners.
    Also in finish had 30liters of fuel, wtf? :D

Didnt deserve it but got it.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  4. Eric Cline

Eric Cline Pro Driver

Well that not a bad result third was just happy to finish..i too stalled the car in pits and it took forever to get going again lucky i mapped the ign. And starter..thought i had a chance of 2nd at the very end looked like he slowed a bit but then i had to as well ran out of fuel just crossing the line.great race guys had fun.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Can’t be unhappy with the result. Car felt good and my lap times were solid.

Threw caution to the wind in qualifying and hung the tail out in the last sector and got third.

Start went well, up to 2nd and just tried to peg the gap but I must of short changed myself fuel by a few gallons as I had to stop a lap early than the other p2’s.

Tried to save some fuel after the stop but could see I was still half a lap short, so I had to take a few laps of fuel at the end. Lost time to third but not enough to be a problem.

I had two incidents with traffic. No ones fault but I got caught out a few times and damaged the car a little. It was understeering a bit but otherwise I got away with it.

2nd is good though. With these leagues it pays to finish every race if you can so I’m happy.

Portugal next which I’ve done 100’s of laps on in Raceroom but never on RF2. Should be fun. :)

Well done to all the finishers.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Darrel Kruger

Darrel Kruger Pro Driver

My tires felt like on glass from q till the last lap of the tour, I'm not going to call my participation a 'race'. Just can't do it!
    One of my tires was up to 430 degrees, I'm a amazed it didn't catch on fire!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Great Race everyone ! Lack of practice left me off pace but I still had fun & a few battles ! self spin set me back early on & with no pace all I could do was hang on and hope for some good luck ! lol (Toni I need that Porsche set lol:D)
    Grats to the winners & podiums !
    some shots from the race :
    rFactor 2(rFactor2.exe) Screenshot 2019.06.02 - 15.13.59.76.jpg

rFactor 2(rFactor2.exe) Screenshot 2019.06.02 - 15.35.47.37.jpg

rFactor 2(rFactor2.exe) Screenshot 2019.06.02 - 15.39.00.34.jpg

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

I had fun. Good racing guys! I did tap Jen's on the side. I wasn't even going for a pass. I was looking in my rearview mirror at the LMP so that's probably the reason why the late breaking. Great racing till the end where I was hitting my Apex and didn't expect an LMP to make a pass right at the Apex. Distrored my car. :(.

Well, on to the next race with more fun!

• Like Like x 3
  9. Eric Moinet

Eric Moinet Pro Driver

I'm afraid it's me Johnny. I'm terribly sorry, in hindsight I should have waited a bit and pass you later. If you think I'm at fault feel free to fill a protest.

Q: Get glued into traffic each time I was improving my lap time. Part of the game, no issue, but meh... Anyway, Henri was the fastest.

R: I didn't expected that! Start was okay, I was maintaining gap with Henri, but I made a slight mistake and lost a couple seconds on him in the process. At that point I saw that he was pushing hard to increase the gap on me and... off he went! From that moment up to the end I was on lean mode to save fuel, tyres and money. Nothing to worry, traffic was okay for the most part (thanks guys). The hardest thing was to stay focused and avoid mistake. This was particularly true the last 10 minutes of the race as I was checking fuel, checking tyres, checking time more than racing.

Anyway, good to win this one. See you all at Portimao.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Paulo Rodrigues

Paulo Rodrigues Pro Driver

here it goes in portuguese-english:
    After more than 10 years with Rf1 & 2 this was my first race ever with an LMP. So, a lot to learn to be really competitive with this car. Did some (big) mistakes that ruin my race.

Always nice to have a track with a nice number of cars... but... that brings the usual problem: you always have to deal with simpilots/people who simply do not respect the blue flags or even defend their position with 'nails and teeth' when nothing is at stake with the car that is trying to overtake them. As usual, this brings problems/accidents. That's what happened to me.

Let's just hope that everythings goes better in Portugal...
    Last but not least: congs to the podium.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

You are not saying what class or condition, just to point out the obvious that GT3 do not need to give room for the LMP class and can stay in the racing line, they can however, help if possible and it can be done in a safe way. If you lap a car in same class, normal blue flag rules apply.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 3
  12. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

I only got caught out twice, once when an Aston backed off and I nearly ended up on top of his car, and the other when a McLaren slowed up suddenly in the middle of the final sector. Both times I spun and took on board some damage...albeit light (thankfully)

However it is the duty of the prototype to make their way cleanly past the slower cars. They have no reason to jump out of our way. Especially as these are GT3 cars and the performance difference is huge anyway.

Yes it’s frustrating when you catch them in the middle of a corner but what goes around comes around. Last night I could see I was taking huge chunks out of Eric’s lead when he was in traffic but it then balanced back again when I caught the same group.

I had no issues last night. In the main everyone was well behaved.

Portimao is going to be very different though. It’s almost one corner after another so extra care will be needed. Lol

• Like Like x 2
  13. Xavier Eugeni

Xavier Eugeni Pro Driver

Really had fun. Imo one of the most challenging tracks arround. Happy managed the hole race without a mistake.
    Q. couldn't make a single lap. TBH I though qualy was at x.30, and there were just 10 min left when I joined
    R. Awesome although it was a lonely one for the most part of it. Last one starting, managed to recover 2 pos at first lap. then I was losing about a sec per lap with Jens and Didier, and the diff grew to 20 secs. Somehow I started to incresase a bit my rythm, and was like a continous qualy laps. 2 laps to go and cached Didier, but found no chance to do a proper attemp to pass him.

Congrats all, lets hope for a crowder one next reace! :)

• Like Like x 2
  14. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Sorry I couldn't make this race I wasn't feeling up to it.

I need help with doing a skin. So far I have only painted the car black. The problem is I can see the Vantage GT3 logo still as seen in this pictures. Yes I know the wire frame is visible and I know how to get rid of that. You do have to look closely to see the Vantage GT3 logo but it's there. So how do I get rid of it? Anyone know?

GRAB_017.JPG

15. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

• Like Like x 1
  16. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

17. Eric Moinet

Eric Moinet Pro Driver

I'd like to append what I've said in the link above as s397 have slightly changed the process in a recent update:
    - you now NEED to start your filenames with 'alt'. Mandatory or it won't work;
    - the process doesn't create automatically a mas file anymore (hence the issue with my skin at Autopolis after their update) so you need to create it after the process is done and add your files in it.

18. Barrett Erickson

Barrett Erickson Pro Driver

Also, i found during the last car update that i needed to remove the regions file that the game generated for the alt skin with the "create folder" step before the one generated for my skin materials worked properly in the "loose skins" folder. Didn't spend enough time to try to figure out what was actually happening, but that seemed to resolve it, so i just moved on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Eric Moinet

Eric Moinet Pro Driver

That said I think you still need to have a mas file :D
    [​IMG]

20. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

Last race? I did see Barretts skin correct, in a McLaren.

Sometimes online I have seen others in the wrong car, and replays can be wrong as well.