Assetto Corsa Comp Round 1 Kyalami

Discussion in '2017 Porsche 911 GT3 Cup Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Oct 3, 2021.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

riw.jpg

Last edited: Oct 27, 2021
  2. Mark Ekins

Mark Ekins Pro Driver

Strangely the server sessions are set to qually, race then FP1 in that order....

So i only get 10 mins practise before the race kicks in, how can you skip it?

3. Rob Milliken

Hmmm I will have a look

4. Rob Milliken

I think I found the issue ! please try it now..;)

5. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Was just on the server where it was night. It's not a night race, is it?

6. Rob Milliken

Thats ACC continuing clock,it just keeps going from the last time someone left .. When that happens, just exit & rejoin & it will be day again .. race time is like 2pm

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Mark Ekins

Mark Ekins Pro Driver

Wow, the tyres started sliding around at lap 5 and just got worse, there is no way i'll do 60mins at this rate

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Rob Milliken

9. Gavino Pintus

Gavino Pintus Pro Driver

Same here.
    it is incredible how much I hate ACC but I can't say "no" to Massimo Bonni because is too big :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Vasilis Doumanas

Vasilis Doumanas Pro Driver

What can i say..
    First reaction when i logged in the server, i saw a 1:43 from Gavino and my face was like this.. :eek::eek:
    Welcome to outer space where aliens live on haha!
    Anyways i qualified 8th and i was pretty happy considering the fact that the first 4 - 5 guys are aliens :p
    My start was good and clean, i lost a place from Cristian but i was very close to him trying to put a pressure.
    After a few laps he did a mistake at last corner and i manage to overtake and take my position back.
    Then i was trying to chase Mark Ekins but i had some small slides and he managed to keep a distance of 5 seconds away.
    Until then i had a quite good race but unfortunately i had an internet disconnection and my race was over :(
    I connected back but due to my big frustration i did mistakes caused spins and then i decide to finish my race because it was useless. I was 3 laps behind already..

Congrats to all and specially to podium finishers, after all it was a funny race, this car is fun to drive but demands very precise moves..
    Until the next one take care all :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Mark Ekins

Mark Ekins Pro Driver

I was just aiming for 30mins so to get to the end was amazing. Went a different way with the setup than before which helped massively, dropping the rear springs. happy to start 6th but was more concerned about not falling off than trying to race people, knew i wasnt going to keep John behind me but seems everyone was getting caught out at times! Hadnt realised we were doing a full pace lap, i keep forgetting about this so was ending up being a half a lap short. Seeing 1st place behind the guy in 7th behind me, i resigned myself to losing a position so tried to slow down, off the racing line towards the last corner only to find they decided to try an agressive overtake between me and wall, up the kurb and spins off. If he'd stuck to the racing line he could have just driven past!

• Like Like x 1