rFactor 2 Round 1 Laguna Seca

Discussion in 'USF2000 Championship Closed' started by Nigel Middleton, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Well in fairness to Studio397 it's up to the mod creators to update their work not the other way round. Although I agree it's a shame.

I had some really lovely mods for Assetto Corsa that some people had spent ages modelling and creating but the constant updating by Kunos has made then unusable now, and the creators have moved onto other things (daily life mainly! haha). In one case I can think of the project was picked up by someone else but that doesn't always happen.

The DX9 version of the game will be still there but development of it will stop at Christmas, with all effort being put into the DX11 version of the game going forward.

In the case of tracks it's mainly a case or applying a filter to each image file and then resaving it so yes a big job in file numbers but not a problem that's difficult to solve.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

You can be more aggressive with the car than I first thought, the only danger with Laguna Seca is all that sand and dirt! haha. You go slightly off and you're in trouble.

I think I'm ok, if I finished top ten I'll be super happy, but we'll see :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

There's one more danger. The red sausage kerbs. If you hit them head on they will send your car soaring to the bright sun. Be careful ;)

• Like Like x 2
  4. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Oh yeah, I found one of those last night. The back came round under braking and that was it. Next thing I was sitting in the outside grandstand :eek:

Only did it the once thankfully! :)

5. Daniel Escudero

Daniel Escudero Pro Driver

Guys i can not enter the server with the password br....nds. It has been changed??? Thank youuu

6. Daniel Escudero

wow i am out? :(

7. Alexandr Meshkov

Alexandr Meshkov Pro Driver

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Alexandr Meshkov

you can see race password on event page

• Like Like x 1
  9. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

Well I have really no idea how I could achieve a podium in race 1. I couldn´t match my quali lap which would have made it impossible to end up there, but Paul and Jose had both a problem. In the end I struggled with my tyres and Marc got through. (Don´t know what to say about his overtaking manoeuvre maybe my fault, maybe 50:50 oder just a racing incident)
    P3 is still a decent result for me because I´m a average driver (probably even worse) and normally nowhere near to podium range. (Especially with such a large field) Maybe a miracle.

Second race was really bad, I think the green track was a key factor for my bad quali lap. (car was totally different in comparsion to the car in the first quali) The chaos at the start seemed to help me but Michael Schmiedel gave me hit and as a result I spun arround. Was hard to recover at least I got back to Michael but he didn´t made a bigger error (Eigentlich eine Gemeinheit :p) and with my tyre problem, Ken nearly caught me at the last lap but could not drive through me car :)

My race highlights on youtube

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
    • Like Like x 6
  10. Gerhard Hofmann

Gerhard Hofmann Pro Driver Donator

21 drivers in both races-thats really great!!!!! Thanks for joining.
    Next track is Salzburgring, this will be a blast once more, 100% slipstream battles.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

G.E.A.R. is nr. 1 in the teamstandings so far. Me and Roel Postma are not doing bad so far :D

• Like Like x 1
  12. Daniel Escudero

Good race guys, really a pleasure, may be a little agression in the first corners :D. You are all so fast....and i thought i knew the track...hahaha. Cheers , see u next!

• Like Like x 2
  13. Bret Metcalf

Bret Metcalf Pro Driver

First off I would like to state that the strength of the field is high in my opinion and judging by the q times/race times just a couple of tenths difference can gain or lose a driver a good couple of positions which indicates to me that this series is going to be well contested.:)

Q1: Did well, even though I think I ended up in 8th. Race 1: These cars are fairly difficult to get off the line, bogged down a bit but got through the first few turns cleanly, soon settled into a rhythm and was gradually gaining places then I came unstuck whilst challenging Rob who made a mistake at the exit of T2 I think so I went on the inside but Rob it seems lost a bit of control and narrowed the gap which meant I had to brake hard to avoid him and ended up spinning off. Recovered and finished in 7th.

Race 2 I started from 5 th I think, enjoying the race, car felt great even though the track was not properly rubbered in. Was behind John in 4th, for quite some time, gaining here and losing there but I was just saving the tyres in preparation for me to mount a challenge later on...until about 10 minutes to go...connection lost:p ...LOL I was cursing afterward uttering a few Afrikaans swear words.:rolleyes: Anyways, a good turn out, a good series. Thanks to everyone.

Regards,
    Bret

• Like Like x 5
  14. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Still a long way to go John, I wouldn't count your chickens yet! ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

These are fantastic little cars. Spent time on Saturday doing a time trial in these to try and win the Formula E DLC. Didn't come anywhere close but at least I gained a lot of experience. Found in practice the setup for Palm Beach TT didn't really work here so spent a fair amount of time in practice setting up the car taking what I'd learned from the TT.

Amazed to get both poles. Really happy with that considering the quality of the field. The difference in grip between the 2 qualy sessions was huge. That's what I like about rF2 the progression they've made with track conditions is fantastic.

R1 : Mmmmmmm. Not a lot to say about this one. Someone else noted above that the cars are difficult off the line. I too found this and lost a number of places. Think I was in 4th by the 1st corner. Managed to get back to 3rd in the next couple of laps but then my statement earlier in this thread came back to kick me up the backside. Those bloody sausage kerbs. Turned in to the left hander before the blast up to the corkscrew and hit the kerb head on. Very nearly got of the safety fencing :). Should get some points for the triple somersault surely ;). Ending up beached on the tyre wall. Race over. From hero to zero in 3 laps :(. Watched the rest of the race. Good fight for 1st whilst it lasted then a good fight for 3rd to 5th.

R2 : I was sure I wasn't going to get pole with the 1:25.??? but the green track meant slower times for all. Again bogged down at the start. Did I fall down to just 2nd place. Goddamn my memory is like swiss cheese. Nearly half a century has taken it's toll :) OK couldn't stay with Michał Mazurek and after a few mistakes coming very close to a few sausages I settled down to take the 2nd place.

Had a nightmare over night - 'The Attack of the Killer Sausages' :)

Well done for your double win Michał Mazurek :)

Do we really have to wait for the 19th Dec for the next round. :(

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
    • Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
  16. Daniel Escudero

hahha nice race story Paul Anstey , specially liked "from hero to zero" :D, and " Had a nightmare over night - 'The Attack of the Killer Sausages' .
    Huhu good second place! and congrats also to Mr Mazurek

17. Michał Mazurek

Michał Mazurek Pro Driver

Q1, Q2: traffic, traffic and happily P2, P2

R1: a good start, but poor turn in the bend, I lose position in favor of Jose and also contact with Paul, sorry - my mistake. Further driving is waiting for Jose's mistake. This moment is coming. Then it's "easy" to finish, not really, because my engine starts to smoke.) White smoke, black thoughts;) I decrease the engine speed and end up on P1

R2: a good start, promotion to P1, this time close to the inner bend and keep it to the end.

Thanks for racing and thanks for this series
    See you in the next event

I"m sorry for my English, I hope that my statement makes sense :)

• Like Like x 4
  18. Alexandr Meshkov

Strange. I was so slow generally or something else, but I didn't feel change in the grip levels between races o_O It was significant improvement from practice to first race, my delta plugin almost show me 1sec of improvement from practice pace that I did day before race. But in second race I only noticed slower pole laptime and didn't have feel that something changed. Feeling like noob now :D

Great cars. Love to drive them. Was amazed when some drivers got troubles at end of race one and showed slower pace. My tires was in great conditions, what happened with others?

19. Roel Postma

Roel Postma Pro Driver

I burned my tyres in the first race, and fell from 4th to 5th and eventualy to 9th place.
    Stupid me.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

I won't dwell too much on this! lol

Practice went ok, enjoyed the car and a lovely grid but I got caught up in the chaos at the start of both races.

I realised looking at one of the replays that the quicker guys were going one gear lower than me in most corners, which was interesting. I thought the car was pulling fine but obviously not fast enough.

Anyway, well done to the winners. This is a one off for me as I normally work Tuesday nights for my second job.

Have fun everyone :)

• Like Like x 2