rFactor 2 Round 1 Le Mans - Sun Jun 23, 2024

Discussion in 'MAK-CORP SWC GROUP C 1990s' started by John vd Geest, May 12, 2024.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Yeah, see my post about it above :rolleyes:

2. Tomaz Lovrec

Tomaz Lovrec Pro Driver

No practice whatsoever from my side (personal things got in the way last week), so I figured full fuel saving mode is the only way to gain places, lifting and coasting all the braking zones.

If I didn't go after you when you were in full push mode for 2 laps like a complete helmet, I wouldn't have had to slow down at the end to let you and the leader pass to save me from doing a pitstop and another lap. But still, P16 to P7, I'll take that.

I was one of them :oops: I literally got onto the rig 10min before qualy, figured out on the first outlap that I haven't set up my pedals correctly for right foot braking, and made a mistake of RTG. I apologize

3. John vd Geest

That's okay. Everybody should be on allert now for the remaining rounds. :)

4. Stephen Wenham

Stephen Wenham Pro Driver

I downloaded the content from the SRO event page yesterday. I had no problems during practice or qualifying. towards the end of warmup i went to get a drink, when i got back to my rig the game was back in the server lobby. I quickly logged back onto the server, then when i pressed the button to go on track i got the error message. probably a one off random problem if no one else had it.

5. John vd Geest

Must be. If you got the content from our site, you had all the right stuff.

6. Jason Whited

Jason Whited Pro Driver

If you were out of the server when it went to race (either escaped or got kicked by brief internet things or whatever) it will always give that "pending open session" message if you try to come in [once race session has started]. If you're in, it moves to race session, then you get booted, you will be able to join back in (and more than likely start from pits unless you get back in there super quick and before race timer counts down.
    You just got unlucky and when you came back in race session had already started. Once it's in "race session", doesn't matter if we're on track yet or still waiting on countdown, it won't let you in.

He was in previous sessions, so definitely had the right mods :)

7. Maddie Shepherd

Maddie Shepherd Pro Driver

Did you only pit once and then fuel save until the end? @Nick Westy

8. Nick Westy

Nick Westy Pro Driver Donator

Yeah, I realized I had enough to get to the end with 40 mins to go if I ran on boost map 1 till the end, with the lead I had it was a no brainier given the time loss in the pits. I was also able to save fuel during the rain spell as well, if it had been dry might have been different but my team mate robin made the two stopper work as well so both strategy's were valid.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jason Whited

Jason Whited Pro Driver

No idea what I was thinking when I developed my pit strategy yesterday. I KNEW it was going to rain, yet there I sat working up a way to make it on a single stop, 2 full tanks.

After fuel saving my ass off for the first little bit, it started raining and then it dawned on me my "strategy" was not going to work. Stuck it out hoping to make it till time for scheduled stop but it became too wet/too dangerous about 5 laps before I could make that happen. Came in, got on wets and full tank and off I went, knowing I'd have to stop one more time. Well, at least the fuel savings kept me in the pits a shorter time (takes forever to refuel these things..lol)...and I did get out a bit earlier than those that pitted at same time I did and gained some track position.

All was well and I ran a full fuel run just trying to stay consistent. Then about time to pit for the final time it was getting quite dry on the racing line and surrounding area so I decided to move back to slicks for that final stint. That was a HORRIBLE mistake. I'd have been better off just staying on the used up wets. Was running 3:38s and thereabouts before stop...came back on slicks and suddenly I was like 20 seconds a lap slower.
    Strangely, I was also much slower even in a straight line, which now has me questioning the wet tires on this mod...because in practice, in very similar drying conditions I did not have this 'effect'....so I have to investigate what all that was about. Luckily, had motec running all race so I might be able to see wth was going on. It was super strange and felt "off" to me, but perhaps something more was going on with the car. Wasn't down on top speed...but was watching my delta just completely fall many seconds into the red at first sector of each lap and given there wasn't even any spray on a good 90% of the track by that point, it completely confused me.

Anyways, eventually watching the delta and questioning wth was going on and managed to get a big snap oversteer and took the front wing off, with only a few laps to go.
    If I'd stayed on the wets I think I'd have found that P10...but instead, P12 it was. After those troubles near the end, just glad to finish. Will investigate and shoot for better next race.

Hopefully we have some more of this mixed weather in some races in this series.?....really like the changing conditions at times and makes it quite interesting, forcing everyone to try various things.

Good racing from all, from my seat. All except whomever it was that was up my ass and beside me all formation...there was no need to risk damaging your own or another car during formation. Not sure what that was all about but I just let em go after start. Only took a few corners and I was waving as I went by....overzealous never works out on cold tires :D
    Formation is single file, not double any time of choosing. Perhaps another read of the briefing is in order for that one.
    Anyways, a very enjoyable event overall for me. Congrats to the winner and podium. You guys up front were flying!

Side note: I wasn't one of those that escaped out of quali, was I, John? I honestly don't recall if I did or didn't. I always try to remember the rule here but sometimes it slips my mind in heat of moment. I've lost a few quali sessions like that, when I realized my error and didn't return to track.
    If I did it yesterday, apologies for that. But, like I say, honestly can't remember if I did or didn't.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. John vd Geest

Is there an rF2 app that tells you / calculates how much fuel you're going to need on your last pitstop till the end?

11. Jason Whited

Jason Whited Pro Driver

Crew Chief can. I'm personally not aware of any others that'll do that. You'd have to have some way to input some data because fuel burn differs greatly depending on various things so it's always going to be different.
    With CC, you have to set up the voice activation stuff, or set a bunch of buttons so it'll do the calcs and tell you the info (much easier to do the voice activated stuff, imo) but it's pretty straight forward. Just ask and ye shall receive answers from him. :)

12. John vd Geest

You mean you can ask questions verbally and Crew Chief will answer?

13. Randy Marek

Randy Marek Pro Driver Donator

Absolutely.

14. John vd Geest

Cool. I'll check it out. Thanks for the tip :)

15. Gilles da'Silva

Gilles da'Silva Pro Driver Donator

825 x 175_White BG.png
    This is the third time that Aptora Corporation have sponsored a race series hosted by SRO. If you would like to show Aptora a little appreciation for their continued support, you could do so by displaying one of their logos on your car for the remainder of the Group C series.
    Attached are a couple of logos that Aptora have provided to SRO. If you are able to, then please go ahead and put one (or more) of them onto your car.
    You can still show appreciation, even if you are not able to put a logo onto the car yourself. Tell me which car and car number you are driving and I will place a logo onto the car for you.
    This is not a requirement from admin., you can continue to race regardless, but if you would like to 'thank' Aptora for supporting the world's best online sim-racing service, this might be a nice way to do so.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  16. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

Same for me, I thought if it stopped raining (Even during the night) at some point it would dry out. But it stayed at 40% till the end. Of course that is too wet for slicks and no, there was no dryer line anywhere, neither visible nor it felt differently.

Weird, but ok if that is at least consistent. I gambled for inters instead of full wets at my first stop. With a bit of saving, it would have been possible to go to the end. But because I assumed it will get dryer and I thought, the inters started to go, I pitted a second time.

Another thing that is mysterious for me, I was the slowest car on Track by a lot. I went for a bit more Wing you would normally do in Le Mans. So loosing out in Sector 1&2 makes Sense, but I was also very Slow in the Porsche curves o_O

17. Maddie Shepherd

I was thinking of switching to dry tyres with about 5 seconds to go until I made the stop, but opted for the rain tyres. Didn't have any idea if it would dry up or whether the slick tyres would work on a slightly wet track.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. Michael LaBelle

Michael LaBelle Pro Driver

Hi Madde. Regarding boost levels, I assigned 2 keys one up and one down to change the boost level while driving. The chosen level will show up on your screen.

19. Maddie Shepherd

I don't get anything showing up on my screen when the boost level changes. Was pretty sure that it's meant to show up in the bottom left in a chat window but nothing appears, so I had to remember what boost mode I was in. Not sure if there's a setting in the HUD controls which needs to be changed.

20. Michael LaBelle

Michael LaBelle Pro Driver

Hi Maddie
    Yes it should appear in the lower left hand corner. It actually shows max boost as just, 15/15 and adjusts downward. You may have to set up your FOV for the game.

For those who don't know about this adjustment as I didn't. I have had Triple screens for over a year. Yesterday I had a system crash that changed the FOV in rFactor 2. When I got all working my FOV put me up against the windscreen without any useful adjustment. Not good I thought. So After many trials I found out what the command, Triple/Tires does. Nothing for the tires as I see it but the ability to tune my FOV beyond what I had.
    So while in you car press CTRL/ALT/= and adjust till you reach prefection.
    I am not sure if this works for single screen.

• Like Like x 1