rFactor 2 Round 1 Mills Metro Outer Loop A

Discussion in 'Peugeot Sport 207 Cup Closed' started by Ken Jagger, May 21, 2018.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

A good start to this new series I thought.

After testing it was a big decision as to what to do on tyre choice, as there was quite a big lap time difference between the soft and hard compounds available. For only a 30 min race it looked like it would be a critical decision to make, along with any options on strategy. In the end I went with soft's, leaving open an option to stop or not depending on how the race progressed.

Starting from 3rd on the grid with Nick & Paulo ahead of me, I decided not to push hard in the early stages of the race and keep something in hand for later. This turned out to be the right thing to do as they both used up their tyre's racing each other and after only 10 mins or so the gap stabilised to them and started to come down every lap. When Nick had a big moment it allowed me to close quickly and he couldn't really defend when I made a successful pass on him shortly after.

With 10 mins to go in the race, I pushed a little bit harder but still without killing the tyres, and closed quickly on Paulo. He tried to defend on L20 when I made my move for the lead, but he was clearly struggling and I got past fairly easily. If only it could be that easy in every race ;)
    I'm sure lessons will have been learned in this 1st race, so I doubt we will have similar outcomes in future races, but I can always wish!

Last edited: May 29, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Sean Devlin

Sean Devlin Pro Driver

We are all gunning for you now Ken. LOL

3. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Somebody has to be the target so might as well be me! :D