Round 1 Miseluk - Thu Apr 15, 2021

Discussion in 'Ferrari 250 GTO Challenge Closed' started by John vd Geest, Mar 30, 2021.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

upload_2021-3-30_11-57-10.png

Welcome to round 1 Miseluk

Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. John vd Geest

upload_2021-3-30_17-5-47.png

• Like Like x 2
  3. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

Here is a video for those that don't know the track yet. I recommend some practice as it is not difficult to learn but it has some tricky bits:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

I guess as it's in the SRO downloads section that this is the free version of Miseluk (that we used in the Formula Easter series last year) and not the slightly posher paid version with the extra layouts?

• Like Like x 1
  5. John vd Geest

Correct, it's the free version.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

Hello all,

It's indeed a very treacherous track to me, did you see that AI parked in the grass on the road sign in Jos' video ?.. It's me but with a brain. :rolleyes:

So now if you guys go on sTracker and spot my crazy unbeatable laptime, know that we Jos and me were looking for some track glitches and I just found one. :D Be aware that if you miss your braking after the motorway part of the track, just before the right turn, and if you go straight here, you'll have to slow down really much before getting back to the track, either in second hairpin entry or even more if you directly catch up with the opposite motorway part, because the track unfortunately counts your laptime as valid. In practice it would only alter your best laptime (like me now) but in qualif or race, you'll have to avoid gaining any advantage that way of course. ;)

Last edited: Apr 1, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

Looking forward to tonight - I think Jos' car in the video is broken though, his wheel always seems to be going the wrong way for the corners :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

@John vd Geest It looks like I don't have the expected skin. Any chance to fix this for the "Racing 11b" #11 please ? ;)

• Like Like x 1
  9. John vd Geest

Sorry, I totally forgot about the skins. I will fix it before the race.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. John vd Geest

I did a test taking the same skin as Tim, but I can't get the skin to show on the server.
    I can't find out why. I will investigate further after round 1.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

I was in my correct car tonight John, I guess you fixed it?

Fantastic combo tonight - Although I got hit on Lap 1 and then took myself out twice while trying to make up time.
    1st time was my fault, 2nd I knocked the car out of gear while trail braking and span :oops:

• Like Like x 3
  12. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

Delighted to hear @Tim Muttram say this was a fantastic combo. Hope you all enjoyed it!
    I'm submitting here my case for DQ. I raced because we were not too many and the fun was in the race but I actually wrecked my car after I got punted on T1. I span after the punt and, in my attempt to return to the race, I (without any help) wreck my right wheel crashing against a pile of tyres. There was no chance I could have continued in the race in real life so, @John vd Geest, please DQ me from this race... I went to pit and did the race for the fun. I managed to do so without affecting anyone's race (Tim, you would have overtaken me sooner or later but you might have been surprised at how easy it was ;)).
    It's good to see there is this element of realistic behavior on the damage model for this car...

All the best,
    Jos

• Like Like x 1
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  13. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

i was way out of my comfort zone :D
    i like the car nevertheless, just need some mileage.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Filip Stoyanovich

Filip Stoyanovich Pro Driver

I hope you had great fun! Feel terrible to first forget to register for the series and then oversleep the whole evening, missing a kind of a home race. A bit busy work week made me into this loop for last few days, pass out right after it and then wake up in the wee hours.

• Like Like x 3
  15. John vd Geest

Apparently :)

16. John vd Geest

I saw what happened to you. I don't think there's a reason to DQ you, so we'll leave the results as they are :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

I don't think that's reason to DQ you Jos , even in modern motorsport teams would think nothing of rebuilding a cars suspension to re-fit a wheel and get back out there :)
    Looks like you owe your pitcrew a beer is all ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

Once is not custom, I fully disagree with my teammate ! :rolleyes:;)
    The punting incident should be reviewed I guess (@John vd Geest) but the fact the involved car didn't try to wait for you is a problem imho.

Then as I had told you, on this track the tyres piles indeed lead to a suspension breaking : in my testing it was 100%. The fact you did drive on it to extract yourself of that bad situation is due to the heat of the action and the disturbance, so the fact you got directly to the pits to repair for a damage you wouldn't have endured if alone on the track is beyond any reproach, again, imho. You lost plenty of time in the whole action after all.

By the way, what happened to John ? Such a pity that he didn't actually take part into nor the Qually neither the Race. :/

• Like Like x 2
  19. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

About my mistakes : I have to tell you guys that I unfortunately cut the track at the very place I was afraid of since I discovered it. 1st time I was battling with @Paul Anstey who was faster behind me. We got couple of clean fights with a mistake from him in-between. Around 1/3 of the race, I missed that very tough braking and had to go straight or break my car. So I did, then waited for him to arrive and positionned my lovely 250 behind his.
    After that it happened to me a few times again, so had to cut again and wait as long as needed to be sure not to take any advantage over you all guys. I was monitoring that my waiting time was enough thanks to the laptimes : heading for 1'42 minimum, 43 or 44-45 sometimes. Although once or twice I was short on the waiting time with a 38 at the end of the lap so I had to wait again in the new starting lap. Most of you guys saw my yellow car hitching a lift I guess ! :confused::D
    So sorry for that. :oops:

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  20. Lorenzo Galluzzi

Lorenzo Galluzzi Pro Driver

Quite happy with my second place, probably not deserved, since my pace wasn't brilliant. Still need to setup the car properly, can not find the right compromise. Usually i like to drive front engine cars, but this one makes me feel like i'm driving an old 911.
    Grats to Matteo on his win and to Alessandro on the third place.

See you in green hell!

• Like Like x 2