Round 1 Miseluk - Thu Apr 15, 2021

Discussion in 'Ferrari 250 GTO Challenge Closed' started by John vd Geest, Mar 30, 2021.

1. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

@Maxime Tendil makes a good point about the punting incident involving @Alessandro Tancioni (I believe) in T1. I'm not raising an official complaint about the incident but it would be great if Alessandro was to acknowledge his understanding of the rules and customs here at SRO and confirm it's not acceptable to ignore such incidents. The way to deal with such events is by (1) waiting for the affected driver to recover and returning the position or, if that's not possible, (2) doing a drive-through immediately in the following lap of the race.
    The penalty for not doing either of these is to carry out a drive-through in the second lap of the next race.

If the above is ignored we would soon end up in the Wild West of simracing and racing in SRO would not such an enjoyable experience as it currently is.
    Looking forward to Alessandro's response.

Jos

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Jos, what version of the Nordschleife would you like to run?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Start was a bit chaotic. Had to avoid a pile up at the hairpin. Went off road and by the time I got back on track I'd overtaken Maxime. Gave the place back and then had a great fight for the place in the next few laps. Finally got passed Maxime when he went straight on at the end of the first straight. He gave the place back as he had missed out the hairpin. Cheers. Had a good gap back to Tim but that shrank to nothing within a couple of laps. I swear he's got an upgraded engine. He passed me as if I was in neutral. At the 30 minute marker my upper back was screaming with pain and I had a couple bad laps as I tried to get more comfortable and adjust my back support. This allowed Jos to catch up and pass me. Tried to stick with him. Sorry to Matteo who caught me in the last 5 minutes. I looked at the gap you had to 2nd place and decided I was going to try and stick with Jos rather than loose time in letting you pass. Within the SRO rules about Blue flags I think. I reckon you'd gathered that after my mistake going into the hairpin. I tried to let you passed but you didn't seem to want to go by. Anyhow by that time my body had had enough. The last few laps were very painful and I just cruised to the finish. :)

Great track. Not been here before. Great to race on new tracks. The track selection looks great. Just hope more people get interested in the series. Not sure why the small turn out. Guess it's the 'difficult handling car' syndrome. GT3 cars seem very popular but imo are pretty dull to drive. So thanks Jos good call.

Well done to Matteo for the win and to the other pods :)

Hopefully see you at the Green Hell.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Matteo Santini

Matteo Santini Pro Driver

My race was a bit lonely after lap 1 pileup at the bend that involved all my enemies leaving me alone for the rest of the race. I felt sorry for the chaps behind me at the point I started to pull off throttle a bit to wait for Lorenzo, Tim, Alessandro and the others to let them recover some gap. That were a couple of minutes of 'charity' driving mood :D

At lap 3 I started to push with my pace, and the long stint in the days before the race surely helped me a lot. I found myself very comfortable around this track in this old chariot, hammering lap after lap exploiting the free track. It's a pity for the low turnout in this race, because this car provides great fun for some duels on track, but it needs a bit to understand how to manage throttle when accelerating.

About T1 episode I fully agree with Jos and Maxime. Jos' knows ;)

Hope to be there for the Green Hell :) See you chaps

5. Matteo Santini

Matteo Santini Pro Driver

When I reached you and Jos I was simply too focused on my driving pushing like a mad to keep up the concentration, as I usually do some mistakes when I feel too "relaxed". As I knew I had more than 30 seconds on Alessandro in that moment I just decided to watch your duel and I had no intention to attack you. Unfortunately you've made a mistake at the hairpin but I wanted to let you try your last chance against Jos, but you seemed with no energy left at that point.

Just to know, I was literally throwing my race to the bin at the last lap because I was too relaxed at that point. I passed within an inch by the trap sticky guard rail. It was simply scary :eek:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

My preference would be the basic Nordschleife track, without the grand Prix track... But, if anyone has strong views about other variant, I'm happy to change (hope this doesn't open the Pandora box :D). Thanks, John.
    Jos

• Like Like x 2
  7. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Well, you are opening the pandora box by not calling it as a firm choice. :p
    You should say ... This is the version, period. You can still do that.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

Well, actually I'm a bit sorry that I left you without the satisfaction of passing me.. But as we were closely fighting since a bit of time and I did the mistake it looked pretty obvious to me that I had to give the position after that.

I hope you'll find a way to fix your back pain man, I'm pretty sure you know that better than me but back pains often can be improved by back muscle-development exercises ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Unfortunately it's a chronic problem I've suffered from for years now called Fibromyalgia. It is what it is and no amount of exercising is going to fix the underlying problems. It's not just my back the pain it's pain in the entire body. Mustn't grumble too much but it is a pain (literally and figuratively) :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Alessandro Tancioni

Alessandro Tancioni Pro Driver

hi jos, sorry for the accindent. it's only my fault.
    I don't thought to carry on a drive-through in the second lap of the race, i i'll do that surely to the next race.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  11. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

Hi Alessandro,
    Thanks for your reply and acknowledgment.
    From my side, I think the acknowledgment and positive intentions are more than enough and, as there hasn't been a complaint (I think), you don't need to do the drive through...
    See you in the next race.
    Jos

• Like Like x 1
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1