Round 1 Mosport 2019-09-21

Discussion in 'RSS GT1 Season 2 Closed' started by John vd Geest, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Yusuf Macit

Yusuf Macit Pro Driver

I only have this driving on the ice feeling when I am going at slow speeds (15-30 kmph). It certainly does not make sense to spin a car when I am barely touching the gas pedal. It feels like the body does not have any weight on the chassis and certainly not on the tyres. Especially it is very easy to spin the car when you are on the grass and slowly trying to rejoin the track. It is weird I admit.

At higher speeds though, I never felt like I was driving on the ice, except for times where my tyres were too hot. When you find the compromise between hot and cold which is the optimal value "green", it does not feel like on ice.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Henri Miettinen

Henri Miettinen Pro Driver

@Andrew Harper What wheel and pedals do you use? Have you tried different FFB adjustments?

3. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Hiya, I was hunting on the internet a few nights back for some help on this but as yet I haven't had chance to try anything. Lots of different ideas though.

As usual different people have different ideas, which is cool. We all tend to focus on different things as to what we like from the wheel and pedals. Some prefer quick steering, lots of weight in the wheel, etc.

I have a Fanatec CSW2.5 and Clubsport V2 pedals. Plus a Fanatec manual shifter for when I'm feeling retro! :)

Oddly I was about to give up on the pedals but I managed to find the sweetspot on RF2 and loved them every since.

Just a question of getting them to my liking in AC I guess :)

The nice thing about the rim of course is the availability to adjust some of the settings on the fly and save them to a preset. Which is great for different sims or older games that don't support the full wheel range for example.

4. Henri Miettinen

Have you set up brake gamma 1.0? With load cell pedals they recommend using that value. It can be found in options - controls - advanced. Without it, braking can be difficult.

5. Steve Isaacs

Steve Isaacs Pro Driver

Dang, I can get to a somewhat consistent low 1:17 but am yet to hit 1:16 regardless of setup. I'm finding it takes me about 3 laps before the tires settle in. I'm running medium tires. Soft is good for about 1 maybe 2 laps for me. I haven't tried hard tires yet.

6. Steve Isaacs

Steve Isaacs Pro Driver

Andrew, same Fanatec here. I found reducing the brake pressure in the car setup helps. That gives a more linear feel to the pedal instead of on/off.

I'm the same regarding RF2. Trail braking and brake throttle/modulation are a real thing with that sim. AC for me on the other hand tends to be relatively unforgiving when at the braking limit. Reducing the brake pressure in the car setup helps me widen that edge.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Yusuf Macit

Yusuf Macit Pro Driver

Reset the setup, adjust the gears only and try running Hard compound between the psi ranges of 17-19 you may need to make some changes between this range according to your driving style, and if the car tends to understeer, you may try lowering the front ARB one click, and increase rear by one click, but when you do this you may also want to reduce the power diff setting. Just experiment and let me know. I am eager to help another Viper driver.

8. Steve Isaacs

Steve Isaacs Pro Driver

Thanks Yusuf! I found I could reduce the rear wing a lot as well for a bit more straight line speed. I haven't tried the power diff setting yet. I'll do as you suggest and reset to default with your recommended changes and see what happens.

9. Yusuf Macit

Yusuf Macit Pro Driver

No problem. I highly believe that we are going to need H compound anyways. The corners here are very fast and very unforgiving on the tyres. During the race, H compound is a must if you ask me. On the other hand, it is good to have this type of corners to heat up the tyres properly. :)

10. Steve Isaacs

Steve Isaacs Pro Driver

I'm finally at a high 1:16 and can be consistent hovering at 1:16.9 to 1:17.2 on hard tires. I've yet to complete a 90 minute run. I departed from your setup suggestions to achieve a better balance and make the car more forgiving.

11. Henri Miettinen

Can we see server laptimes somewhere?

12. Henri Miettinen

When is the race server up? I could already start practicing.

13. Dean Timms

Dean Timms Pro Driver

Only on server side, it's only our Practice server so very basic.

14. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up.

The skin pack is being worked on.

15. John vd Geest

Skin pack is ready.

The skin pack is ready and can be downloaded in downloads/Assetto Corsa/Skins.
    Or you can use this direct link: https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/resources/rss-gt1.600/

Thanks to everyone who took the effort of making a skin. Will look good on the broadcast :)

Please go on the server and check if the correct skin pack was assigned to you.

Mietingen = Lambo
    Isaacs = Viper
    Verlini = Lambo
    TimmiD = Lambo

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Live timing?

17. Yusuf Macit

Yusuf Macit Pro Driver

I'm sure seeing some lap times would uplift everyone's spirits :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Or make you suicidal when you see how slow you are by comparison. :eek:

We have a problem with Livetiming on this particular server at the moment which is being investigated.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. John vd Geest

To the members: Our series is on AC server 2, which is working now.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Yusuf Macit

Yusuf Macit Pro Driver

I got slow since I gave a little break. Oh how slow I got... I am a tortoise just without shell.