Round 1 Mosport 2019-09-21

Discussion in 'RSS GT1 Season 2 Closed' started by John vd Geest, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Henri Miettinen

Henri Miettinen Pro Driver

Another bad race from me. First time in Mosport for me. I practiced quite a lot. About 40 laps in total. But I wasn't very happy with my setup. The race went okay until my rear tires were completely dead. The car got really oversteering and I hit to the wall. Then I went to the pits and my pit settings had disappeared, so lost there a lot. Then I tried a special movement and I took the soft tires. I drove a couple of laps and spun again, and then I was no longer interested in driving.

Grats for podium guys!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Q I had car sideways on final Ses but managed to grab pole.
    R My tyres just refused to last so i just raced against tyrewear and be smooth and consistent and see where it gets me. 2nd, which is a little disappointed since was leading after
    pits but i had no chance on Davide who had tyres lasting whole 1st stint. So when he went for overtake, i just let him go and hang in there as long as I could.
    Had to stop for tyres 1 lap before finish just to make sure i finish the damn race.

Great drive Davide, gz!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Pablo Finotti

Pablo Finotti Pro Driver

Utterly disappointed about this one... Disconnected
    I was saving tires and fuel during first stint to attack in the final 45. I had a chance at a W, bit that's racing. At least I scored the best lap, lol

Congratulations, podiums, great race.

PS. Toni, you should practice more starts... It was awful, I had to brake not to hit you, lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

5. Pablo Finotti

Pablo Finotti Pro Driver

Really, your car moved almost a second later than all the others, I had to lift off and the car behind hit me. I don't know ifwas internet lag or hardware (stutter), but it made no difference for me, only Henri passed me, but he was faster during the stint

6. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Can we get the "wait time to race" adjusted to the 120 seconds "2min standard" after quall? it was set to 30 seconds .. a couple drivers got caught out in the pits ..

EDIT* never mind those were the broadcasters LMAO .. But still we should have it set to 2 min ..:D

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
  7. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

That's exactly what happened to me in the Ferrari 550 with Yusuf Macit. All my tires would have (just) lasted, but for the left front. Towards the end of the second stint, I stopped pushing the car because I saw I wasn't going to make it with that tire. In the end I also had to come in for a new set.

Great fight all race long though with Yusuf Macit who was doing very good in the Viper.

Grats to Davide Ricciardi for winning the race. I know him well from season 1. Blistering fast guy!

Thanks to all who support this series and help to make it a succes !!

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Yusuf Macit

Yusuf Macit Pro Driver

Q: I don't have much to comment on the qualifying session, because I have not practiced anything under the name of qualifying, so I was just hoping for a top 10, but congratulations to @Toni Talvitie who put down a real flyer.
    R: At the start of the race I can't remember who that was, but I had to hit the brakes behind him as soon as I left off the grid, because the guy in front could not launch his car in time. After that, I did what I always do I started very conservative, refraining from any sorts of contact as much as possible and following that, I was chasing @John vd Geest the entire race! Once I overtook him I knew exactly that he was going to get me when I was in the pits, because this man is really famous for his fast pit-stops! It was diffiicult to get the position back, but once again I got the position back. All in all I am extremely happy with my 5th position for the first race. Especially when I consider the number of fast and quality drivers out there.

Congratulations to @Davide Ricciardi for winning the race! Off to a really good start, well done!

I will see you guys at VIR the next time!

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. John vd Geest

Broadcast team:
    Caitlin Penny
    Mac Shepherd

Outstanding work as always guys. Top quality!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. John vd Geest

If you get any faster, you might win a race :cool:

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  11. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

@Caitlin Penny " Talvitie just took a flight!?!?!? " cracked me up :D
    Was some kinda clinch or how you spell it, I actually saw Henri take a flight and hit the wall and then suddenly all was ok again.

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Steve Isaacs

Steve Isaacs Pro Driver

Great race for me! This was my first race in Assetto Corsa and my first 90 minute session. With the quality of drivers in this series I'm really pleased to have landed a top 10 finish.

Both of my mistakes were following my second pit stop. I wound up entering the track in front of a group of leaders and pushed too hard resulting in trips to the grass. I allowed myself to be intimidated by the BLUE flag. Live and learn... :oops:

My thanks to all the organizers. I know how much work that can be.

Congrats to the top finishers.

On to VIR!

• Like Like x 5
  13. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

Thanks for the commentary.

Couple of buffering issues half way through, but not a problem.

One suggestion is it check the youtube chat more often:-
    E.G.
    You talked about 'Steve O' from Jackass for several minutes, when it was already posted that the driver was Steve Olden
    The chat can point you to close battles on track that you maybe missing when watching the race 'live'

Anyway, thanks for the stream :D

• Like Like x 3
  14. Caitlin Penny

Caitlin Penny Pro Driver Media Group

Hi Andrew. Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately, I had to close the YouTube stream because I think that was what was causing the buffering issues. As for Steve O, that was mainly a joke. I knew he wasn't the same one, but I couldn't check the YouTube chat to see what his actual name was because I was worried about buffering. Thanks anyway though!

• Like Like x 1
  15. John vd Geest

No-shows

The following no-shows have been removed from the series:

Sam Butters
    Carl Middleton
    Laurent Londes
    Sanio Alfa (left on his own accord because the time was not right for him)

16. Yusuf Macit

Yusuf Macit Pro Driver

It would have been nice to have them, at least Sanio made a statement. :/

17. John vd Geest

Absolutely, I really would have liked them in, but they did not show and I have to keep the list of active drivers up to date.
    The list should show how big the field actually is. But no-one is banned permanently. If they really want to drive and will show up, they can come back.

18. Dean Timms

Dean Timms Pro Driver

I got caught out by the wait timer between Qualifying and the Race I was switching my race setup, and with 15 secs still on the clock I got locked out to the pits as if someone manually skipped to the start of the session. Not only did that mean I had to wait 31 seconds after the whole field passed the pit exit, but I had to start on the wrong setup. i.e soft tyres, wrong pressures, low fuel, wrong suspension geometry. Had to pit within the first few laps, to refuel and change tyres, but with the wrong suspension geometry I had tyre temp and wear issues. Completely runined my race tbh.

• Like Like x 2
  19. John vd Geest

I'm very sorry to hear that Dean. The "Wait time to race" will be adjusted to 120 seconds for the rest of the series.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Sorry I didn't make the start of the season. I didn't sign up as I realised afterwards that I would be away that weekend. Shame as Mosport is a bonkers track! :)

Hope you all had a good race :)

• Like Like x 2