Round 1 Mosport 2019-09-21

Discussion in 'RSS GT1 Season 2 Closed' started by John vd Geest, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Dean Timms

Dean Timms Pro Driver

That would be great thankyou

• Like Like x 1
  2. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

You can sign up now Andrew. It would be great to race at Virginia with a full track. The more the better!

3. Davide Ricciardi

Davide Ricciardi Pro Driver

Great race! So much fun! These cars are fantastic, thanks for organizing this championship again. ;)
    My race has been very strong, though, I lost the lead and 6 seconds at the pit stop. Once on the track again, behind Toni, I quickly noticed I was "cruising" slightly faster than him ( before the pit he was slightly faster than me) so I pushed all I had and I overtook him in 30 minutes time, at the end of the main straight, he actually did not even defend position, I was too fast... :D :p Great race Toni and great podium Roberto.

@Caitlin Penny and @Mac Shepherd you are the real winners here! Top Job! Thank you! About tires, no I haven't changed with medium to hunt down Talvitie, there's no way to make them last for 45 minutes. I only use hards in the race and they don't last 45 either :D ... the last 10 minutes before the pit and the end of the race, it's like driving on ice especially the rear end. o_O

Cheers:)

• Like Like x 3
  4. John vd Geest

He already knew that he had 2 options: 1) start saving tires big time to avoid a second pitstop or 2) he would be forced to do the second pitstop. Either way, it would serve no point to defend. First place was gone, no matter what.

Excelent race Davide. You are on top form again :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

Thats correct John :)

6. John vd Geest

I had the same dilemma ...