Assetto Corsa Round 1 Paul Ricard GT

Discussion in 'Big Boys Toys GT Tour Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

In accordance with the stated rule about the car useage for this series i.e. "Members registering for the series will be expected to run each of the five car models at least once in the seven race series, rather than sticking to only one car", please nominate the car you intend to use in this 1st race.

2. Ken Jagger

Pagani Zonda R

3. Kai Syvertsen

Kai Syvertsen Pro Driver

Pagani Zonda R

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rocco Mina

Rocco Mina Pro Driver

McLaren P1 GTR

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ken Jagger

OK guys time is moving on and getting closer to the 1st race of this series, so you need to tell me which car & livery/colour you want to be assigned for the 1st race only. If you do not make a choice before 24:00 GMT on Friday 25th Sept, I will assign you one of the cars from the 5 to be used, so no complaints if you don't get what you want by not choosing it here.

6. Ken Jagger

For this 1st race the Pagani Zonda-R and the McLaren P1 GTR will carry 100kg ballast and will only have Medium & Hard tyres available.

7. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

I understand adding ballast & tyre restriction to certain car is an attempt to even them out, but during the test session it's imo not possible in an good (fun) way as they not that close in performance. It would be easier for everyone, assuming the cars are as they are, and do the best strategic choice based on that. We will all sit an a car that have no chance on podium during this event.

I'm not setting the rules here so see this as an humble suggestion, but adding restrictions based on track adds an unknown factor to this event adding little if any, extra value. The MC12 should have ABS server enabled, but if not and so, and on all tracks, it's fair as well.

8. Ken Jagger

Appreciate your thoughts and observations as always Jens. With a series concept such as this, I made a rod for my own back I suppose, because a lot of the configuration for each race will be based on some limited time-trial type testing, supposition and guesswork, which I'm honest enough to admit. I never anticipated that we would end up with something that's anywhere near ideal.
    The objective as stated , was to throw a bunch of slightly similar sports/super/hyper cars together, which AC let's you do unlike other Sims, and then have a bit of fun driving them. The other variation is of course with SRO members' skills, experience and capabilities. If anything I suppose, the purpose of the ballast and tyre limitations is to try and stop a whitewash set of results by our resident "Aliens" which would stop the series dead in its tracks I think.

At the end of the day it's more of a Fun series than anything else, so let's see how it pans out. Everything we learn can I'm sure help us in future series construction :).

9. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

Well, from my point of view any ballast and restrictions will not make the life much harder for the "aliens", just harder for the others.
    If this is to be used, it should be stated for all cars/track before so everyone can take that into the strategy, add this post race only would make kind of strange.

If it's mostly for the fun, restriction and weight takes away from that ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Rocco Mina

Rocco Mina Pro Driver

Livery 1

• Like Like x 1
  11. Rocco Mina

Rocco Mina Pro Driver

how can you put the weight to train?

12. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

Mouse to right side of screen when on track.
    Select the ballast app
    Add 100kg

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Rocco Mina

Rocco Mina Pro Driver

thank you

14. Ken Jagger

I respect your opinion.
    As it has been for the 1st race, it will be for subsequent races.
    I again respect your opinion.

There is of course another option, which is not to run in the series if it does not suit your personal requirements.

15. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

We all have different opinions sometimes, i'll consider my options.

16. Laurent Londes

Laurent Londes Pro Driver

This ballast and tire restriction is only for the first race? There will be other restrictions for other tracks or none at all?

17. Ken Jagger

Any information regarding comparative performance of the cars that we learn in the races as the series progresses, may be used to adjust subsequent BOP in the following races. Full details of any changes will me made in each race post.

18. Ken Jagger

The server is up and running but without active car assignments, so when you join you will be given a random car by the server until you notify your choice in this thread. Please note that the car assignments will not be updated on the server until I return on Saturday/Sunday next week.

19. Bill Grewcock

Bill Grewcock Pro Driver

La Ferrari please, Ken

• Like Like x 1
  20. Tudor Morris

Tudor Morris Pro Driver

Brabham BT62 (Cooper skin) please Ken.

• Like Like x 1