Assetto Corsa Round 1 Paul Ricard GT

Discussion in 'Big Boys Toys GT Tour Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

So from my perspective of the race and the results, it looks like the cars used for this 1st race were not too far apart in performance, with the difference in lap times probably being due to the usual variations we see in driver speed and ability. The Brabham BT62 did however seem to have a bit in hand, so I'm thinking of adding 100Kg Ballast for the next race to bring it back towards the McLaren P1 & Pagani Zonda level. Of course it's all guesswork, but then that was always going to be part of the fun/challenge (delete as preferred :)) of this series.
    Any feedback from those running this race would be much appreciated.

2. Claus Jørgensen

Claus Jørgensen Pro Driver

Hi Ken
    If possible look a review of the race, The Bradham could not in this race out speed the Mclaren - I could not. Therefor add kilos til the Bradham would make some des advance - just my observations.
    Due the trick we uses i Danish races. You flip the grid after the race, and lets the "ass heavy drivers" (offen like me) get in the front, and the best will have to fight there way up front - trust me over time this is leveling the +/- in the field with differer cars. But the season is started an maeby too late for that - like add kilos ;)o_Oo_O

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Ken Jagger

Thanks for your feedback Claus. Hope to get some more from the other guys.

4. Laurent Londes

Laurent Londes Pro Driver

I agree the Brabham was definately faster than the McLaren P1. I would say about 6-8 tenths faster than the McL P1. The Zonda was a bit slower than the P1. I think it would be good to add ballast to the Brabham at least. Not sure how much difference 100kg would make in lap time.

I checked and I did a 2:03.2 (offline) with the McLaren P1 with only some laps practice. So I guess I could go a bit faster with more practice/setup changes. But still, I think the Brabham was more than a half second faster per lap.

5. Kai Syvertsen

Kai Syvertsen Pro Driver

In accordance with the stated rule about the car useage for this series i.e. "Members registering for the series will be expected to run each of the five car models at least once in the seven race series, rather than sticking to only one car", please nominate the car you intend to use in this 1st race.

No need to gimmick with these weights when all cars are replaced.
    Everyone suffers sometimes, and there is variation at the top(podium).

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Claus Jørgensen

Claus Jørgensen Pro Driver

I wonder why the focus is so much on the single car (SS tires and BOP ect.) And its meant properties.
    Myself for example: I still have the privilege of winning a race in this forum. Have I chosen a good car, yes I thought so, have tested and found the car that I can get the most out of my abilities. I can get the best out of the car and only with I have qualifications as a driver - there are pur :eek:.

I can make it at the max to an average ranking of 8-12. So how can I get closer to the top 5 with 100kg extra in the car when I can not even follow the hottest top five drivers - it does not make sense, right? ya ya I could do some more training - I know, but still:(
    Driving like Laurent Londes (who drives the ass out of the pants of everyone in those series I have been with Laurent in ;)) I will not be able to beat him even if I then got the best car and Laurent gained 100 kg in as ballast - the driver who makes the difference.

As written earlier and many other places in this forum, this move is just a quick fix.
    Find a solution that is aimed at the good drivers, who lower them and pull a field together with a closer race - that's what you yourself write in this forum, it should be fun and to be with. Well it does require ADMIN for the single series to administer, but there are sure PC nerds in the forum here who can find a solution.

7. Phil Brown

Phil Brown Pro Driver

I agree with Kai if you add ballast to the Brabham now it will penalize any one who hasn't used it yet.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Laurent Londes

I think even with ballast it would still be the fastest or one of the fastest cars. It's not much fun when the Brabham would win all rounds, is it? It's a fast car in a straight line and corners really well too..

9. Ken Jagger

I appreciate very much all your views, opinions and thoughts but it appears to me that maybe the fact that all the cars being used have completely different physics, power, torque, weight, fuel consumption etc have been slightly forgotten. Until we ran a mix of them in this first race it was unknown what their relative competitiveness would be, never mind the skill of the drivers :) It was therefore very satisfying to see that my original concept for this series didn't go up in flames, with some cars being hopelessly outclassed by others.
    With everyone entered having to use each car at least once in the series, I hope that the car variations will balance out a little.
    The idea of adding some ballast to the BT62 is to try and bring it back a little to the McLaren/Zonda performance level.

I agree that some guys could still perform better than others, even in the slowest car, but for the purposes of this exploratory series, I wanted to attempt to get the cars onto a level playing field, if at all possible. The other objective was to give those of us entered the chance to run these cars together in an otherwise unlikely situation as previously stated for the pure enjoyment and fun of doing so, without getting unnecessarily concerned with results.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Kimi Martikainen

Kimi Martikainen Pro Driver

I was thinking to join first but theres too much hazzle for select car, make sets and choose which car use certain track and so on... F1 & TCR took too much time too @ sundays so it's no go for me.

11. Ken Jagger

Totally understand your viewpoint Kimi and thanks for sharing that.

12. Rocco Mina

Rocco Mina Pro Driver

I think the ballast rules should be clear from the first race.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Rocco Mina

Rocco Mina Pro Driver

Hello, for the next race do you already know the changes on the ballast?

14. Kai Syvertsen

Kai Syvertsen Pro Driver

I guess no more changes Pagani Zonda-R and the McLaren P1 GTR will carry 100kg ballast
    how to make ken?

15. Ken Jagger

The Brabham will also be given 100kg ballast for the 2nd race.

16. Rocco Mina

Rocco Mina Pro Driver

Ok even if I think it's not fair.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Ken Jagger

This should not be a surprise to anyone as it was announced BOP would be used in the original Series announcement.

Quote "Whilst they are reasonably close out of the box, they are not equivalent, therefore a Balance of Performance adjustment will be used using Ballast and Air Restrictor dimensions to try and prevent any cars from being too quick compared to the others. I acknowledge that there are also sometimes differences between members performances, but hopefully BOP adjustments for runaway drivers will not be needed, but are reserved for use if felt necessary."

18. Rocco Mina

Rocco Mina Pro Driver

I am using google translate I hope to be able to make me understand: Changing cars at each race loses sense if you try to make them go the same in the course in progress Everyone should use the autro in the same way First Brabham race without ballast, second Brabham race without ballast .

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Kai Syvertsen

Kai Syvertsen Pro Driver

I would also like other competitors to benefit from the power of Brabham, that would be fair.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Laurent Londes

Practice server not online yet for round 2?