rFactor 2 Round 1 Phillip Island 2022 - 2024-01-14

Discussion in 'Aptora FVR Supercars 2024 Series' started by John vd Geest, Nov 16, 2023.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

V8 Supercars banner.png

V8 Supercars logo.png

WELCOME TO ROUND 1 PHILLIP ISLAND

Phillip Island is a DLC track made by Andrea1968.

I have entered into a collaboration with Andrea1968 and we made the following arrangements;
    1. The normal prize for this track is € 5,00, but we get a league discount. So SRO members can get the track for only € 3,00
    2. Andrea1968 gave the track download link to me, so I collect all the money and give it to him afterwards.
    3. The download link is made specially for SRO as a version 1.4 so you can only get v1.4 from me.
    4. Only members who actually bought the track can enter the race.

How do you get the download link?
    1. First transfer € 3,00 through PayPal to my account: (ask me through: Start a new conversation)
    2. Type your first and last name in the description and "Phillip Island"
    3. Transfer it as a friend so I don't have to pay the Paypal commission.
    4. Click on my Avatar on the left of this post and select "Start a new conversation"
    5. Let me know that you bought the track and I will give you the download link.

ABOUT

[​IMG]

The Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit is home to the world’s leading motorsport series including the Australian Motorcycle Grand Prix and the Superbike World Championship, as well as various Australian series.

Motor racing on Phillip Island dates back to 1928 where local roads were cordoned off for racing events. The current site was purchased in 1952 by a group of local enthusiasts who would form Phillip Island Auto Racing Club (PIARC). A four-year build period would see the first event held in December 1956.
    Over the following decades the circuit host a variety of events including the Armstrong 500 from 1960 – 1962 which would later move to Mount Panorama and become known as the Bathurst 1000.
    Australia’s very first International Motorcycle Grand Prix was held at Phillip Island in 1989, proving to be a huge success and famously won by Aussie Wayne Gardner. The Superbike World Championship followed shortly after, moving to Phillip Island in 1990.
    In 2004, Linfox Property Group purchased the circuit and has invested heavily into the venue securing it as a world-class destination.
    The circuit hosts a number of public events annually and is hired year-round for a variety of activities including drive/ride days, testing, club sprints and media launches.
    Situated in the heart of Australia’s premier motorsport destination, is the Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit Visitor Centre & Go Karts offering a wide range of activities including Single & Tandem Go Karts, Guided Circuit Tours, History of Motorsport Display, Slot Cars and Race Simulators.
    The picturesque 750m replica Phillip Island Go Kart track is situated alongside the Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit overlooking Bass Strait and can accommodate group bookings of all sizes.

rFactor2 Andrea1968 Phillip Island

Last edited: Jan 6, 2024
  2. John vd Geest

The server for Phillip Island will go up on Monday December 11.

• Like Like x 2
  3. John vd Geest

4. John vd Geest

Server is up 2.png

This track does not have pre-rubbering. It's naturally progressing from green.
    Be aware that Phillip Island is famous for being a tire-killer. Especially the right-front will take a beating.
    This will be in favour of the smooth drivers.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2023
  5. John vd Geest

Event notice

There appears to be an illegal track version floating around.
    Phillip Island v1.4 was especially made for me and Sim Racing Online by track developer Andrea68.
    It can only be bought from me.

Please understand that I can only let people join the Phillips Island event if they have bought this DLC track (see post #1). You have time to buy it untill January 14.
    I will check the signup list 1 hour before qual starts. If you are on the list but have not bought the track from me, then I'm afraid I have to remove you.

WHY?

DLC Phillip Island is € 3,00 x the members on the signuplist that I have to pay to Andrea68 (the track developer) afterwards. I'm the collector.
    That means that if 30 members have signed up, I have to pay Andrea68 € 90,00 afterwards.
    So I can't let members race who have not bought the track from me, otherwise I have to pay for it out of my own pocket :).
    Thanks for your understanding.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2023
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. John vd Geest

SRO merry christmas.jpg

• Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Mark Ekins

Mark Ekins Pro Driver

Have you (we?) run these cars before? Thought i'd try them out on the only track i do have, the stock Bathurst but found the car a bit ...strange. Trying to work out if its just me... On power the back end is constantly sliding like it has a completly open diff and its spinning up constantly.

Was trying out all your rF2 races as i'm trying to get back into it again

8. Larry Thomas

Larry Thomas Pro Driver Donator

The beasts have a locked diff so yes, they do drive strange.

9. Mark Ekins

Mark Ekins Pro Driver

Yeah i know that, but these act differently to other locked diff cars.... more like an open diff!

10. John vd Geest

Hi Mark,
    I would also recommend that you keep an eye on rear tire temps. As you know, spinning the rear tires (accelerating out of corners) also leads to a loss of grip and can lead to power-oversteer. I've had that with this mod more than I would like to admit. The power has to come in progressively.

11. John vd Geest

Choosing your tires for the whole weekend

In the car selection / customization menu:
    With the option Supersoft/Hard, you can choose between the two for the whole weekend, including the race. So you can qualify with Supersoft and race with Hard.
    That is a free choice for everyone. I'm also letting the Diff to be adjustable (in "Final").

12. John vd Geest

Quick reminder
    The following drivers have not bought the Phillip Island track yet:

Stephen Wenham
    Jonas Lagesson

How do you get the download link?
    1. First transfer € 3,00 through PayPal to my account: (ask me through: Start a new conversation)
    2. Type your first and last name in the description and "Phillip Island"
    3. Transfer it as a friend so I don't have to pay the Paypal commission.
    4. Click on my Avatar on the left of this post and select "Start a new conversation"
    5. Let me know that you bought the track and I will give you the download link.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2024
  13. John vd Geest

This series is sponsored by ......... :cool:

upload_2024-1-13_10-56-57.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  14. John vd Geest

We are on a new server, so if you can't find us by typing "SRO" then type "Phillip Island".
    Don't forget to add the server to your Favorites, so you always find it.

15. Jonas Lagesson

Jonas Lagesson Pro Driver

Hi John I will mis the first race but will be back for race 2!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Robert de Ceuninck

Robert de Ceuninck Pro Driver

I cant find the server today, is it down?

17. Simon Barnes

Simon Barnes Pro Driver

I can't find it either Robert.

18. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Working, have a good one!

• Like Like x 1
  19. John vd Geest

[​IMG]

Drivers briefing

1. All 6 events of this series will be broadcasted
    Broadcaster: Rob Milliken

2. Phillip Island Conditions
    1) The race will start at 02:00 PM (in-game time of course)
    2) Time acceleration is normal. Fuel and Tires are set to normal.
    3) Cut Track points are set to 6
    4) 100% damage
    5) This event has a Formation lap with a standing start
    - Tires: Don't forget to select "Hard/Supersoft" at the car selection customisation, our you will qual on hard tires.
    - Stay on the
    RIGHT SIDE of the track when passing the PIT EXIT or you might hit cars coming out of the pit lane!

3. The use of the Esc. key in Qualification
    Use of the Esc key during Qualifying is the equivalent of stopping your car and getting out. This may be done only in your pit stall. There are very few exceptions to this rule. Here are the only two we will currently consider. These exceptions are subject to change at any time:
    1. You run out of fuel in pit lane before reaching your pit stall.
    2. You sustain damage to your car as a result of another driver and cannot make it back to your pit stall. You must prove your qualifying session was wrecked by another driver and that you made an attempt to return to pit lane.

If you use the Esc key in any location other than your pit stall, your Qualifying session is over and you may not return to the track.

6. You can find the password for the race server on the Phillip Island event page.

7. You can find the server by typing SRO or the track name. Add the server to your favorites so you can always find it.

8. Unregistering in time if you can't make it.

9. Please use the
    same name in the rFactor 2 game as on our signup list or it won't match in our automated result processing.

10. Drivers on the signup list who have not bought the track Phillip Island 1 hour before Qual, will be removed from the list.
    See post #1 of this thread.

11. If you plan to PROTEST another driver, you have to wait 24 hours counting from the end of the race.
    Any protest filed before that time will be viewed as not received. You can find the rules about submitting a protest here.

Last but not least ... SIMRACINGONLINE wishes you a great race!

If you have questions, please ask them below.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2024
  20. Sami Vierimaa

Sami Vierimaa Pro Driver

Damn, new work schelude makes this too late for me to race.