Automobilista Round 1 Ribeiro Prato 2012

Discussion in 'Renault SuperClio SudAm Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

SERVER IS UP

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
  2. Doug Dezan

Doug Dezan Pro Driver

I am not seeing the server in the lobby.

3. Ken Jagger

Not sure if it didn't get restarted after we changed the car mod Doug, but it is back up now :)

4. Doug Dezan

Doug Dezan Pro Driver

I like these cars as they seem more peppy then the other Clios out of apex.

5. Ken Jagger

Could be the torque - 398 vs 247 :)

6. Ken Jagger

It's a bit difficult getting over the kerb when leaving the paddock, so I suggest reversing back a little then driving through the tents at 45 degrees (they are only visual, not solid) onto the paddock road.

7. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Sorry not feeling up to racing this evening. See you next time.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Doug Dezan

Doug Dezan Pro Driver

Race started out okay, then I clipped the wall right at the pit entrance less then 10 laps into the race. I just had to back up a few metres to enter pit lane. So my race was finishing at this point, going down a lap already. About 35 minutes into the race I was losing grip in the corners, shifting down to first gear in a few of them I do second in. Right at the end I was to close behind Ken coming into the hairpin and my tires were not slowing me down soon enough, they were to kaput and I bumped into his bumper costing him a position. Grats to the Podium finisher :)

P.S. This is the second time I used Crew Chief with AMS and I have no spotter, just the crew Chief. Is this normal with AMS?

• Like Like x 2
  9. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

I was wondering what happend there, obviously after my pit stop (bent steering because of one crash too much) I thought P8 is as good as it can get. But after really struggling to find a rythm the whole race suddenly it came to me. Probably beeing behind Jorge helped a bit and I could drive his pace. Ken seemd already under big pressure, he lost a ton of time lap after lap, maybe he had bent his steering too.

Without that incident he maybe could have just hung on. But we will never know.
    ToniĀ“s set up (thanks by the way) was fast but a bit difficult to drive. I had problems with the oversteer in turn 2 and 4/5, it was a fine margin to spin. Once I spun I wanted to reverse but at doing so I saw Mariusz arriving, so I wanted to press the brake. But because I was not sure if my car did already blocked the road I wanted to change gears. That did not work, but I hammered the gas pedal and rushed backwards into the wall...
    That must have looked really stupid and it was stupid, but fortunately it did not ended both of our races.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Fun race.
    Hard to find a pass and we went half a race in 5-7 tenths apart.
    Every time Csaba had made a little slip, id done so previously and no chance.
    Finally was closest than ever into the hairpin and made a daring move, ( bomb :D ), went long with braking, but jettisoned myself into lead.
    A little too daring but only chance.
    @Csaba Lako I was left with a feeling, you could have blocked my exit, but didnt. Next time just doit. I would have deserved it. Wasnt as clean as I like my my passes to be. Its a minus for myself.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Csaba Lako

Csaba Lako Pro Driver

It was good race. Good track, good car and good drivers!
    I knew you will come because you were fast (very fast as always).
    Before hairpin you were inside and i had a chance it was the good accelerating...
    It was not good, yours was better.
    That's all. I do not like agressive driving (attack and deffense too). But i must learn from these.
    I really enjoyed it.
    I wait for the next! :)

• Like Like x 3