Round 1 Riverside long

Discussion in 'F1 Classic 1967 Series - S2 Closed' started by John vd Geest, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Jukka Drugg

Jukka Drugg Pro Driver

Caitlin did great job with broadcast as usually :) You asked what happend to Drugg during start. I think three things happend 1) I gained weight (40kg ballasts) 2) my lack of setup skills (shows now when setups are open) 3) Tim (double UKGPL pro champion). And I think I will be adding fourth thing when Henri shows up with competitive car (unlike last season). And Coopers seem frightning fast too on Thompson so I suspect my stats will go downhill really fast.

I was already worried when I saw how tight times were on practice with low fuel and quessed correctly that I will not be able to keep up with race fuel load. I was nowhere on first 30min of race, I think Lotus does not have enough power to compensate 40 kilos when on high fuel load also (or then it´s my driving skills with it). Last 15min was better and I was able to catch Phil about 7sec (thou I think he was managing the gap). My mistake on first lap put me too far back to fight top steps and lost even more trying to pass. But they were nice battles :) Tim pulled away so strong that I doubt that I could have stayed close even without that mistake. Congrats to Tim and Phil for podium and thanks for nice racing to John, Bill, Mac and Fabrizio that I had closest fights. And everyone else for company :)

• Like Like x 4