Assetto Corsa Round 1 Riverside Nascar

Discussion in 'Group C Honey Jar Series Closed' started by John vd Geest, Apr 16, 2018.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Don't know the answer to that Pablo. Maybe you should ask (mail) Rob Milliken as he has a greater understanding of the workings of AC then me. Would changing your Steam name help?

2. Pablo Finotti

Pablo Finotti Pro Driver

Later that night I re entered the server and my name changed to Pablo Finotti on the live timing... Everything is ok now, just took 4 hours to happen hahahaha

• Like Like x 1
  3. John vd Geest

LOL I have plenty of backup from my GEAR teammates! Go go go guys !! :D

4. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

is it race day yet??

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. John vd Geest

Not yet Karl. In 1 week time on june 9.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

when will it be "advertised" on the home screen?
    and with those awesome pictures with race details on them?

7. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Sorry I can't take part in this race due to other commitments. Nothing to do with Sim-racing. Have fun guys

8. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Not all series/races are promoted on the Homepage. It depends if the Admins creating these series also have the time to do it along with everything else.

9. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

indeed, fair point.

i ask is i save them and use then as desktop backrounds leading up to the race
    this event is my next race

• Like Like x 2
  10. Sean Devlin

Sean Devlin Pro Driver

great videos gentlemen :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Sean Devlin

Sean Devlin Pro Driver

How do i make sure i have all the skins?
    Im number 17 short tail Porsche. I got onto the server but was in a all white car? I have the orange no 17 in my car selection.

12. John vd Geest

1. Check if you have installed the skins correctly in the right folders. For example:
    Steam/Steam app/Common/Assetto Corsa/Content/Cars/ks_Porsche 962C/skins ... you should see the SRO skins there
    2. Select the Porsche in Assetto Corsa and click on the paint icon. You should see all the SRO skins there.

You can copy/paste the "Steam" folder to the main Steam folder or you can handpick all the skins of all 3 cars and copy/paste them into the right folder by hand. If you do it by hand, you have to do it for all 3 cars.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
  13. Sean Devlin

Sean Devlin Pro Driver

14. Sean Devlin

Sean Devlin Pro Driver

I have downloaded the car pack. Which has the skins as far as I can see or is there a second skin only folder I need to download? (Will check if I have a sro skins when I get home)

15. John vd Geest

There are 2 files inside:
    1. SRO Cars (don't use that because it's incomplete)
    2. Steam

You need the "Steam" folder. You can cut/paste it on the main Steam folder of your computer, or you can handselect the skins of all 3 cars and put them in the right files yourself :)

16. Sean Devlin

Sean Devlin Pro Driver

still not in wuth the correct skin... can you see anything wrong in these screenshots? skins 2.PNG skin 3.PNG skin 4.PNG skin 5.PNG

17. John vd Geest

Hi Sean,
    Please check if you can see the skins in this folder. The SRO skinnames all start with ... SRO_ :)
    Steam/Steam app/Common/Assetto Corsa/Content/Cars/ks_Porsche 962C/skins

If they are not there, you didn't install them correctly. Try to cut/paste them by hand after you unzipp and place them there yourself.
    Do this for all 3 cars.
    If you did this correctly, you can see them after clicking on the paint icon of the Porsche 962C shorttail picture.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

i suggest everyone logs on to the server to check

19. Sean Devlin

Sean Devlin Pro Driver

This is what i have : group c skins.PNG

20. John vd Geest

Yeah, that isn't right. It should look like this;

Unzipp the file and look inside the "Steam" folder. Click all the folders open untill you come to the last one: "skins". Like in my picture.
    You will see the unzipped SRO Porsche skins there. Copy them and place them in the folder of you picture.
    Then do the same for the Mazda and Mercedes. Check in AC if you're good.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018