Assetto Corsa Round 1 Riverside Nascar

Discussion in 'Group C Honey Jar Series Closed' started by John vd Geest, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Yes a great job from the segment of the race I watched :)

2. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

3. Davide Ricciardi

Davide Ricciardi Pro Driver

Great stuff yesterday, Well done Pablo and Boby. I opted for a soft/medium tire strategy which it didn't pay off also because I had a accident with a lapped losing 10 sec or so.
    Pablo was anyway faster with hard compound, top job ! Congrats all, I can't wait to watch the replay of the broadcast ! I will miss the next two rounds, hopefully back for the third one, have fun !! Cheers...

4. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

A quick summary from me.

I was a bit unfortunate with spare time the week leading up to the event and I was working loads of overtime so couldn't properly practice until Saturday afternoon. However the track is quite simply in layout so easy enough to learn. Quite unreal really, amazing to think it even existed.

As usual my issue is under braking with the load cell pedals, was having real problems getting slowed down and I was easily losing a few seconds under braking it seems. Judging by the on-boards I was watching. I have a pair of karting boots, might use those for extra pressure going forward! :)

I started off with the base setup to learn and then tried @John vd Geest 's. I was finding the downforce a little to low for me to handle so two notches on the rear and one of the front made the car more stable for me and easier in the first sector.

The Mazda's in general suffered a bit round here, the C9's blew by me like they had an extra gear on the back straight (I thought I had something wrong with my throttle! lol), the 962's were more even but it all depends on what aero they were running of course. That was to be expected though, hopefully we will be able to take the fight a little more at Goodwood.

So I just opted to fill the tank and put on a set of hards and just run as hard as I could. I was in the 11's and 12's almost all the way through the race so I was consistent, even if I was off the pace. Managed to make some places as others pitted or had moments. Out of curiosity I may try runs on softs and mediums to see how long they last, didn't have chance last night so just played safe.

The start was a bit spread out at the back, not sure what it was like at the front but there was already a few seconds between us at the start, no big problem though.

I made three silly errors. two at the hairpin (again, just couldn't slow down) and one at the final corner where I caught the outside wall and had a tank slapper and half spin, so I maybe could of got one more place without those mistakes.

Getting the hang of the car though, blipping on the downshift helped me improve over the course of the race and in general they were good fun, just a shame I was on my own for most of it! :) I may also try driving the car with the GT2 Fanatec rim and see what the cars like, more in period! :)

@Davide Ricciardi if that was you I caught when you were lapping me, my apologies (I know it was a black C9). I honestly thought I was giving you enough room. Maybe I drifted downwards (or did you drift up slightly?) ; not sure but if I have to serve a penalty in the next race that's fair enough.

I'm day off Thursday and tapering off for a half marathon at the weekend so I will be taking it easy and hopefully spend some time taming the Mazda around Goodwood.

Oh and thanks @Rob Milliken glad you like the livery! :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. John vd Geest

Good review Andrew.
    The rears were very hard on the tires here. Mediums were good for maybe 30 minutes and then you would have no grip at all.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

you want to know who was the naughty driver?

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Round 1 replay available now ..
    Replays can be found on the event page once uploaded by the admin ..
    replay pic 1.jpg

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Davide Ricciardi

Davide Ricciardi Pro Driver

Andrew, I don't know with who I had a contact, I haven't seen the race replay yet, anyways I recall I had a understeer in the middle of the last corner invading the lapped car's race line, it's likely my own fault... sorry for that.. great fun tho... :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Yeah every time I went through that corner I thought "I can go quicker.....woah no I can't!" lol :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. John vd Geest

There seems to be a problem with recovering the broadcast file on Twitch. The broadcaster Joseph Wright has sent Twitch an email about it.
    We will have to wait for developments. Sorry.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

thanks John.
    really hoping he comes right, was so keen to watch it.
    i might skip the next race so i can watch the race.

12. John vd Geest

I know how you feel. Twitch hasn't responded yet to our email asking where the save has gone. There is a small change to recover it.

13. John vd Geest

Joseph Wright and I have talked about the Twitch saving fail. We have come up with a backup plan for when Twitch goes belly up again.

From now on Joseph will record the broadcasts on a second computer with video capture software. So when Twitch fails, we always have a backup.

Doesn't do us any good for the first race, but this way we can be sure that from now on we always have a backup, no matter what.

• Winner Winner x 2
  14. John vd Geest

I'd rather have you in the race, that you watching it. The field still has to grow a little.
    See the backup plan I posted above.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Sean Devlin

Sean Devlin Pro Driver

I drove so badly I hope the stream never turns up. Lol.....

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Sim Racing Online

Sim Racing Online Administrator Staff Member Donator

Boby Vakuinof has been issued a drive-thru penalty for punting another driver at the start of the Riverside event and also for causing a collision with a driver when he reversed his car onto the track and in front of approaching cars. The penalty must be served at the start of the next event.

17. John vd Geest

The drive-thru penalty must be taken immediately following the formation lap.