Round 1 Sao Paulo - Sun Jan 19, 2020

Discussion in 'F1 1991 - Full Race Distance Closed' started by John vd Geest, Oct 22, 2019.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

No-shows:

I will be strict on No-shows.
    We have red lights for the other events, so please un-register if you can't make it. :)

2. John vd Geest

Starting procedure:

1. Formation lap
    2, Park in your red square at the end of the formation lap
    3. Standing start. Wait for the green light and start the race

Note:
    Please be careful with the standing start. Be aware what's going on around you and don't punt anyone.
    Also realize that your tires and brakes are cold, so please don't be on the limit for turn 1.
    Just take it easy at Turn 1 so everyone can start the race normally. Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  3. John vd Geest

4. Martyn McClune

Martyn McClune Pro Driver

Hi Caitlan
    I know you are having problems staying in the server
    When you left it says you were removed as "server is not recieving updates from client,"
    Hope this gives you a clue , I was thinking firewall or something your end
    Hope you get it fixed we need you expertise

• Like Like x 1
  5. Michael LaBelle

Michael LaBelle Pro Driver

Just came in from shoveling snow and strained my back a bit. Think I sit this out.

6. Denis Eshchenko

Denis Eshchenko Pro Driver

no comments
    [​IMG]

7. Dino Paolini

Dino Paolini Pro Driver

I didn't realize you could just cheese the tyrechoice by only using q-tyres. The last mod I drove which had specific q-tyres blocked them in race-session. Since noone was talking about that here I just assumed it's the same thing here; stupid me :D

Congrats who all who made it through :)

But could we please banish them from race-session for the next one? The tyres in general are what gives these cars most of that fantasy pace in the first place :(

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

I hadn’t done more than twenty laps in the car so opted for softs to be safe but like you say I did wonder about the Q’s because they lasted a crazy amount of time. In real life you were lucky to get two laps out of them. Haha :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Michał Mazurek

Michał Mazurek Pro Driver

I feel cheated :confused:

• Like Like x 1
  10. John vd Geest

That's what I call a proper grid :D

upload_2020-1-19_23-33-52.png

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

tough race.
    got stuck allmost whole 1st half and then started to push but i lost rear so many times i cant count it anymore.
    but 1st race is done, car made it to the end and learned something for next setup ( this one was bad when tyres started to lose grip ).

oh and Q tyres?! lol, didnt even think it would be possible. this going to be like a proper f1 season now with loop holes and all that! :D

• Like Like x 2
  12. Caitlin Penny

Caitlin Penny Pro Driver Media Group

I know I made a few mistakes today and I know I wasn't particularly competitive, but that's ok. I actually really enjoyed that race nonetheless, and I'm looking forward to doing more races in this car. Thanks for the event, everyone!

• Like Like x 2
  13. Caitlin Penny

Sorry for the part where I spun you @Ricardo Almeida . There was a giant car park and I couldn't work out who was where. I gave myself a drive-through for it, and I was happy to see that you still won. Great job!

• Like Like x 1
  14. John vd Geest

Race review:

There were some accidents on lap 1 that didn't need to happen if drivers are more aware of what's going on around them.
    Standing starts are always dangerous. Especially if you don't have VR. But everyone can look left and right.
    Cars are very close to each other on lap 1, so you have to focus first on safety and then on fighting for positions.

Start was oke for me, but I had to use my Jetfighter reflects to avoid some spinning cars.
    Had a very good fight with Johnny in the opening laps. Very enjoyable. He was a bit faster then me, so I made room twice to let him through, but he didn't understand LOL.
    Finally, I let him slipstream me, so I could do my own race.
    Started 12 because and finished 8th. that's progress LOL. Didn't blow the engine and finished. Job well done.

Have to say, what an incredible race. This mod is outstanding. Time flew by for me and I almost forgot that I was not really in the car haha!!
    These cars are intense and so much fun. Can't wait for the next one.

Well done all. The top 7 is way too fast for me, but who cares. It was a party.

• Like Like x 4
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  15. Gert-Jan van Osch

Gert-Jan van Osch Pro Driver

Knew I would not be competitive to make it to the podium... Had a good start, a gap opened up but then got sandwiched and some wheel banging took place. I think everybody had good respect on the track and gave sufficient racing space... I ran third for the 1st part of the race.. being the locomotive of the train Toni was on... When catching the back of the field... I made a sudden move and had a tank slapper spun... Getting back on the track in I think 5th I made a first pit stop and got back in 10th place. When catching the guys in front of me I missed my braking point and Hit Johnny (apologies)... I spun again luckily Johnny did not and Toni could pass me as well. Then I continued and climbed up to 6th.... Making my 2nd stop in lap 43... Came back in I think 8th or 9th and could get back to my 6th position... I had some issues with my brakes in last parts of the race but was in nomans land with 30s to the front and 15s to the rear so I focussed on making it to the end...

Had a lot of fun on my birthday with this intense race... Hope someone makes a nice race review of the race... I think it was quite eventful...

CU all on track...

• Like Like x 3
  16. Caitlin Penny

[QUOTE="Had a lot of fun on my birthday with this intense race... Hope someone makes a nice race review of the race... I think it was quite eventful..."[/QUOTE]
    Happy birthday dude!

• Like Like x 2
  17. John vd Geest

Happy birthday Gert-Jan :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Mark Hightree

Mark Hightree Administrator Staff Member Donator

That was indeed a proper grid, John. Thanks for hosting this awesome series. And grats to Ricardo for the win. Every lap seemed eventful. Dodging cars sitting sideways and coming back onto the track. I tried to do my best to honor blue flags and got knocked around 3-4 times then finally blew my engine on lap 37. I didn't think I was abusing it too much but I took a big impact to the rear of my car the same lap it blew so I don't know... Sure was fun. Looking forward to the next race.

19. Paulo Lima

Paulo Lima Pro Driver

Well, unlucky race for me :(:(:( I hited a sign on the main stright that shouldn't be there , and my race was over.
    I was very fond of this mod, until the very moment I found that one can take the qualy tires and win :confused::eek::D

As Andrew said, and I most defenetly agree, 2 or 3 (max) laps and they were gone..:p
    Probably won't race again.

Congrats to podium and to Michal for his lap on qualy!

20. Paulo Lima

Paulo Lima Pro Driver

My car was cut down in half!! haahah
    And it's so beautifull!!!!:(:(