Round 1 Sao Paulo - Sun Jan 19, 2020

Discussion in 'F1 1991 - Full Race Distance Closed' started by John vd Geest, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Anyone can Up the replay?
    Crappy computer here so everything is turned off :(

2. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

The sad downfall of Paulo Lima.
    Paulo was running strong in second place with a nice gap to Dino when he met a bill-board lying on the track ... ppfff I'm truly sorry for him.

upload_2020-1-20_10-56-53.png

upload_2020-1-20_10-57-15.png

upload_2020-1-20_10-57-38.png

upload_2020-1-20_10-58-5.png

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. John vd Geest

Come on Paulo, it's just bad luck. Not anything that you did wrong.
    Try to stay for the rest of the season. Everyone brings quality to the series and so do you.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. John vd Geest

The repay will be uploaded later today on the event page.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Firstly I do feel bad for @Paulo Lima that was a tough way to leave the race, like @John vd Geest says I hope you decide to carry on with the series as you are obviously very fast.

I didn't practice too much for this one as I wanted to concentrate on the Endurance league in the Ligier, which for me was a slightly tougher car to drive on the limit and I also had a better chance of doing well in that series. The F1 series is more a fun thing for me.

I did about 45 minutes of practice for the event, never raced the car before but I know the track (done a three hour race in the Oreca 07 around there some time ago against AI so I feel like I know every bump now! lol). Tweaked the setup a little (gearing and wing) and left it at that.

Qualifying was ok, I was on a much better lap (over a second up on my best) but I had one of the faster cars in my mirrors so let him through and didn't get another chance.

Fuelled up, put on softs and entered the race. I did wonder about the Q's but decided to play safe which if course was the wrong decision.

Got a pretty decent start, found some space down the middle and went through, not sure what happened but I got hit on the side twice. Whether it was someone getting wheel spin from their start or people jumping around for position I don't know but I sustained damage on both sides (as I bounced of the pit wall).

The whole first lap was cars flying everywhere, I got hit a few more times, managed to dodge someone's front wing. Started lap two and I nudged a Tyrell into a spin, really sorry about that. I braked slightly early too but I just got caught out.

At this point I decided I needed to get into clean air (as I was lapping in the 17's and 18's and losing so much time). So stopped for tyres on the next lap, fixed the damage and got going. I lost a little too much time in the pits though and had to stop to let the field past as everyone was right behind me after the stop.

Anyway, clear track and I just pushed on as hard as I could, maybe about three of four mistakes, so not too bad. But being on the softs I was always in the 15's though. Gained positions as people retired but being one lap down on everyone meant it was impossible to gain anything. My fault. Still enjoyed the car anyway and I still tried my best to close in on 16th as best I could. I was right on their tail for the last few laps but I was still a lap down on them, still fun trying though! :)

Without the issues (and a better qualifying) I maybe could've been top ten. Only because as the 5th and 6th place cars passed me I could hang onto them quite well but I got a finish and that's what I wanted.

Well done to everyone who finished, and thanks to SRO for organising the events :)

Finally, apologies if I did hold anyone up a little too much. The bent vision in the mirrors made it tricky to guess where people were but I did the best I could.

P.S. Spent some time making sure all notifications and pop-ups were switched off for this one, thankfully no issues! :)

• Like Like x 3
  6. Martyn McClune

Martyn McClune Pro Driver

Well all my practice definately didnt pay off.
    :)
    Loaded up fuel and that little gremlin came to life that makes me make last minute changes to car set up
    Put on Hard tyres and really paid the price. Managed to avoid a lot of the early carnage so ran for about 9 laps then decided to pit and change to soft tyres and repair any damage . Set pit crew to change tyre and fix car but couldnt remeber what key to actually make it happen .
    Started pressing keys and suddenly exited race by accident. Need to make surte I practice pit routine as I seem to have forgotten how.

One thing I noticed was that many of the cars were a lot faster than mine in a straight line. I must look at how I am setting my car up as I seem to be too slow
    lol, I am really crap anyway.

Well done podium and anyone else who finished the race
    CYAS next time:)

• Like Like x 2
  7. John vd Geest

Those bloody aliens can run a low downforce and make a setup that works for them.
    Doesn't matter, it's no fun running away in the distance with no one to fight, so I'm good. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. John vd Geest

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Michał Mazurek

Michał Mazurek Pro Driver

In brief
    Qualifications: P1
    Race:
    Even before turning on the lights, I knew it would not be a perfect race. False start and everything is clear. Drive-through penalty.
    Later, I tried to make up for the losses, but it did not work well enough, two serious misunderstandings in the duplication, damages that did not help, morale getting lower ... let's finish.
    Others also had adventures, hence P3

The first race after a long break, nice to be back on the podium
    in good company
    Thank you for organizing the series, full grid, that's it

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

Congrats Ricardo. Job well done. I had fun. Raced with everyone. Duked it out a bit John. That was fun. Dirty air was serious. Whenever I was behind John, the car would just start plowing in the turns. Interesting and I learned quick. Gert-Jan came in to hot, notched me a bit in the left booty. No problem. The rear end did feel loose after that though but continued on. Over all, I had fun. That's what were here for. I hope all come back to race in the next event. Even the ones that didn't finish, had mistakes done to them or just the comp crashing. It's just fun having the whole gang here. It ain't no fun, if the homies can't have none...wait, that's something different. Anyways, the more cars the merrier I say so come back. :cool::)

On to the next race.

• Like Like x 4