Round 1 Sebring 12 H - Sat Sep 12, 2020

Discussion in 'GT3 / McLaren Senna GTR Multiclass Series Closed' started by John vd Geest, Jul 20, 2020.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

• Like Like x 1
  2. Eike Sky

Eike Sky Pro Driver

Oh, other than the lapping cars (Not you mind you, and seeing you fight for the win was oh-so satisfying! Congrats on that!), they were all unforced errors. Totally agree, Lauritszring will be a different story.
    6 Mclarens in the GT3 class was a tiny bit boring, but 3D Racing was half of those, had to salt-check myself a lot during the race xD

• Like Like x 2
  3. John vd Geest

How is your friend on the channel with you?

4. Eike Sky

Eike Sky Pro Driver

What do you mean?

5. John vd Geest

The other guy on "TeamSpeak" or whatever.

6. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Very lonely race for me. Got Carl at the start and was hoping we'd have a good battle but I managed to pull a gap on him. The 3 ahead of me must have found out how to use the DRS cus I couldn't sus it out. DRS is clearly written on the dashboard and I had the rear flap button mapped but nothing. I'm not sure whether these cars should have DRS so maybe the wording on the dash means something else or this track isn't setup for DRS. Anyone know? Another race with a small field really doesn't motivate me to do much more in this series with the Senna's. I may go into the GT3 field for the next race. The Senna's are so cool to drive though so who knows I have 2 weeks to decide. Regardless of what I choice the next track is most excellent. :)

Well done to the winners :)

The other thing that affected me all race was leg cramps. Not pleasant but that's my body these days. But I'm a sim racer and I gritted my teeth (which made my jaw hurt. damn body) and I punched on through. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Eike Sky

Eike Sky Pro Driver

OH that's through Discord. OBS, when you stream, captures PC audio, rather than program audio. It's an infuriating nuance of Windows, actually, that means that you can't hook into individual programs.

• Like Like x 1
  8. John vd Geest

We did not use DRS. I've tried it on DRS tracks, but it does not activate.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Andy Tomlinson

Andy Tomlinson Pro Driver

Yep, all I put up was just what I'm used too. So far the race starts here have been great.

How nice it is to start a race and no one is knocked off or punted on the first lap from stupid moves, I'll take a jiggled start formation over T1 crashes any day.
    Actually, moving to your grid side for form-up is a good idea.
    @Eike Sky an idea just popped in for your video, instead of voice over, multi lingual captions.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Larry Thomas

Larry Thomas Pro Driver Donator

@Eike Sky Oh, it was because of your love affair with Sunset you kept slowing down. There I was thinking that it was to slow down to my pace so you could hear the Aston.
    By the way, how do you display the information that you have on top of the screen around the virtual mirror?
    Oh

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Eike Sky

Eike Sky Pro Driver

That HUD is SHQM_HUD from Steam Workshop: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1243928467
    No, that was all an excuse, but I kept missing you! Only when I saw you at the hairpin, really. It looked very pretty :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Larry Thomas

Larry Thomas Pro Driver Donator

13. John vd Geest

Penalty

Event: September 12 2020 Sebring GT3 & McLaren GTR
    Simulator: rFactor 2
    Protester: Eike Sky
    Protest against: Marcos Junior
    Timestamp: 1975
    Exact policy violated: 2.9 General Passing

Marcos Junior has received a drive-through penalty for his next event in this series, to be completed directly at the end of the formation lap.