rFactor 2 Round 1 Sebring 12 H - Sun Sep 6, 2020

Discussion in 'Endurance League: S397 Endurance Pack Closed' started by John vd Geest, Jul 14, 2020.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

[​IMG]

Welcome to round 1 Sebring International Raceway

History
    Sebring Raceway occupies the site of Hendricks Army Airfield, a training base for B-17 pilots in operation from 1941 to 1946. After the war, Russian-American aeronautical engineer Alec Ulmann was seeking sites for converting military aircraft to civilian use when he discovered potential in Hendricks' runways and service roads to stage a sports car endurance race similar to the 24 Hours of Le Mans, a race Ulmann was inspired to somewhat re-create in the United States. Sebring's first race was held on New Year's Eve of 1950, attracting thirty race cars from across North America. The Sam Collier 6 Hour Memorial race was won by Frits Koster and Ralph Deshon in a Crosley Hot Shot that had been driven to the track by Victor Sharpe.

The first 12 Hours of Sebring was held on March 15, 1952, shortly growing into a major international race. In 1959, the track hosted the U.S.' first Formula One race (the successor to historic European Grand Prix motor racing), held as that year's installment of the historic United States Grand Prix competition. However poor attendance and high costs relocated the next U.S. Grand Prix to Riverside International Raceway in southern California.

DLC's for this event:
    S397 Sebring: https://store.steampowered.com/itemstore/365960/detail/18/
    S397 Endurance Pack: https://store.steampowered.com/itemstore/365960/detail/1004/
    S397 Ferrari 488 GTE: https://store.steampowered.com/itemstore/365960/
    S397 Aston Martin GTE: https://store.steampowered.com/itemstore/365960/

2018 Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring - Part 1

Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
  2. John vd Geest

Formation lap procedure

How does each race start?
    1. The race starts by a formation lap
    2. From the second to last corner we go double file
    3. the overall pole-sitter stays ON THE SPEED-LIMITER from that moment on.
    4. Green flag for the overall polesitter when crossing the start / finish line. The rest of the field also goes.
    5. The rest of the field does
    NOT overtake anyone BEFORE crossing the start-finish line.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  3. John vd Geest

The practise server will go up on September 1. All servers are in use until then.

4. Norman Bruce

Norman Bruce Pro Driver

I am not going to be able to run in this one and have unregistered, I hope to be at all the other races.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. John vd Geest

Shame. See you later buddy.

• Like Like x 1
  6. John vd Geest

upload_2020-9-1_17-52-20.png

We will be going into the night.
    Race starting time: 16:00 PM ingame
    Time acceleration: 4 x

• Like Like x 2
  7. Darrel Kruger

Darrel Kruger Pro Driver

If one is not running an Aston Martin, does one need to purchase it?

8. John vd Geest

Yes, you need to have all the content used in the series or you will get a mismatch on the server. :)

9. Jerry Chen

Jerry Chen Pro Driver

The server is setup like an absolute ice rink, there's not even a hint of any rubber on track. Can't push at all through sector 2, have to tip toe around every apex like the first time I learned how to skate.
    <-- Sad Panda.

10. John vd Geest

The rubber has to build if you're the first one there.

11. Jerry Chen

Jerry Chen Pro Driver

I know that John, but it would be nice if we're not starting from a completely green track. I did a full fuel run yesterday on the server, 20+ laps - there was still not enough build up by end of the session. My issue with it is the starting point.

It would be different if you're getting 30+ cars every race and a nice grippy race line gets built up by quali session. But if Daytona was any indication of the turn out, starting from a totally green track = still green track when race session comes around.

Just my .03 cents. It's up to you, but i think it would dramatically improve the FUN factor if we're not starting from a green real road file for each race.

12. John vd Geest

I've set the build up to x 3 now. Let me know if that works better.

13. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

Is the low downforce configuration free to use on any track (GTE)?

14. John vd Geest

Yes, up to you :)

15. Darrel Kruger

Darrel Kruger Pro Driver

Thanks for setting up the league. I had a problem with the last race, so I thought I would just get the elephant out of the bag right out of the box.
    This league, particularly this track (Sebring), has a lot of white lines defining the 'track'. In this league, what is going to control the limits of the track?
    rF2 system?
    Stay in the white lines, nugh, nugh, wink, wink?
    Stay in the white lines and after race review every race?

16. John vd Geest

rFactor 2 does have "Cut penalties". But the common rule is to keep 2 wheels on the racing track at all times.

17. Darrel Kruger

Darrel Kruger Pro Driver

Thanks, the AI goes way wide on a lot of corners & corner exits. As I interpret your answer, in our race, we cannot do that every lap

• Like Like x 1
  18. Sim Racing Online

Sim Racing Online Administrator Staff Member Donator

Admins review events regularly. If you are caught gaining a time advantage by going outside the lines and you do it more than 1-2 times, you will receive a time penalty. We cannot observe every driver at every corner but we do know what tracks can offer gains by going outside the lines and we will review those events more often. If you find a corner where you gain a time advantage by going wide, you can be sure that we know about it and we will review that event.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Jerry Chen

Jerry Chen Pro Driver

Thanks John.

Looks like all the GTE got BOP today, make sure you check your setups, especially your fuel consumption for your race sets.

https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/gte-bop-september-2020.67085/

20. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Stoked to join these events ! Not the class i wanted but i will give the LMP2 A good workout! & Its it the only way i can actually make passes these days :p (on you gte’s) :D:D..& for Jerry , I also got a cool tire pack from URD For this series ! check it > 03EE2CC1-CBFA-43AC-83B8-70E87A39A2A6.jpeg :eek::oops::p:D

• Funny Funny x 4