rFactor 2 Round 1 Sebring 12 H - Sun Sep 6, 2020

Discussion in 'Endurance League: S397 Endurance Pack Closed' started by John vd Geest, Jul 14, 2020.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

There has been an update this morning. We will check if the problem is fixed so we can proceed with the race. Stand by for more news.

2. Craig Jones

Craig Jones Pro Driver

Awesome thanks for confirming jjust wanted to make sure it was 8pm for me

3. John vd Geest

The memory leak seems acceptable after this mornings rF2 update, but it's not perfect.
    Under these new conditions I'm hopeful that we can do the event. If it does go bad and cars start flying, we will re-schedule the Sebring event as the last event of the series.
    We will take a last data reading with a lot of drivers practising on track close before the Qual to see if we can really go ahead.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Darrel Kruger

Darrel Kruger Pro Driver

I'm ignorant, but not an 'R'. What's a 'memory leak' ?

5. Rob Vandenberg

Rob Vandenberg Pro Driver

It is a software bug that causes a computer or server to crash after a while. In this case likely during the endurance race....

6. John vd Geest

We might be good after this mornings patch. We need a group of drivers on track to really test the data.

7. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

I had to go for work so missing event :(

8. Alexander Zakirov

Alexander Zakirov Pro Driver Donator

for technical reasons I will not be able to take part in the race today

9. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Very sorry everyone.

I was having some issues with the pc. Been battling for the last few hours to sort it.

finally got there at the start of qualifying and then because I haven’t raced on RF2 for a few months it spent about 45 minutes updating everything.

so a bit of a disaster on my part. Really sorry. If you want me to drop out of the league that’s fine. My fault entirely.

10. Paulo Lima

Paulo Lima Pro Driver

Sorry for the incident guys.
    In the main straight, when all cars got together, before "green light", i started to suffer severe lag and didn't realize were othyer GTE cars were until it was too late..

Sorry for messing up your race guys

• Like Like x 1
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  11. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

I bailed after 40 min or so .. I was off pace but still having fun ! it was a tad choppy and a few frame skips , I only had 1 off and tapped the wall & got lapped by the leader all at the same time lol ..that & the FPS chop when combined with Sebring's bumps meant it was a little to much for my 63 year old brain to keep going hahahah ..

• Like Like x 1
  12. Rob Vandenberg

Rob Vandenberg Pro Driver

My race was much alike Rob.
    Also a bit off the pace but I made up a few places. After 17 laps I was paying more attention to the rear mirror watching a car leaving the pits than looking at the track ahead. This resulted in hitting a barrier and damaging my suspension badly. End of race unfortunately.
    Up to the next race!

• Like Like x 2
  13. Eric Moinet

Eric Moinet Pro Driver

My strategy became nought when a lapped car changed line just in front of me giving me no room at full speed in the turn. This happened a second time at the very same turn with another one. Please guys, keep your racing line under blue flag, better for every one.
    Then racing in harvest and at night was awful. A lot of stuttering, losing up to 5 seconds per lap, not seeing where to turn... Sometimes it was like the track was changing place in front of me. No fun at all. Apologies if I made awkward movements when lapping but I couldn't see at all where was the track sometimes.
    Then, at about mid-race, I got a drive-through for cutting a track that i couldn't even see and a Stop & Go for speeding in pit-lane in the same lap. I had enough.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Simon Kingsbury

Simon Kingsbury Pro Driver Donator

Lost the wing again when it got dark, some of the low lights and blind apexes in the dark were too much for me, gutted!! On to the next.

• Like Like x 1
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  15. John vd Geest

I'm night blind too LOL! I couldn't see sh*t.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

Congrats to winners. Good racing all.

First lap. My rear bumper was used as a stopping point on the first lap at TWO consecutive corners. Third time I said, NOPE aint going to be a third time and that's when the collision happened. Theirs a history of this with said driver so I should have let it go. Live and learn.

I believe I also connected with Jerry. I believe their was an incident in front of him with the guy he was scrapping with so he applied the brakes where I didn't expect it so he could avoid the car in front of him. I tried to swerve but it was to late. Sorry Jerry.

After all this, I couldn't stop laughing for a few minutes. This is going to be a good series. ;)

After all this, I still had a blast hahaha.

Cheers.

(Also have the issue of people disconnecting so my computer freezes for 2 to 3 seconds. Scary).

Last edited: Sep 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  17. Jerry Chen

Jerry Chen Pro Driver

No worries Johnny. I don't think there was a single piece of my car that wasn't damaged already by then lol.
    I did manage to drive the damn thing with bent steering for a few laps after the first lap incident, but as expected handling was shit. :D

Came out of pits with my hair on fire, but got caught out by a scary track rejoin from a car that went off. Damaged the suspension for a 2nd time. Lol

That ended any chance I had of catching Johnny.

Night time at sebring is tough since you can't see the apex, you have to kind of "remember" where to turn in. Although I'm not as old as you old farts so I was okay with seeing the track :p

Grats to Marcos and Barrett. I think Barrett lapped the entire GTE field!

• Like Like x 5
  18. John vd Geest

Results will tell :D

• Like Like x 2
  19. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

Barrett did an excellent job, but since end of race is based on 1st LMP you can't look at result without some calculation, but I think only 1-3 was on the same final lap.

It was an busy race, had some strange gfx issue with Simons car, in certain angles big solid triangles appears causing stutters. Noticed in practice so I turn of custom skin download but didn't change it except a few white cars instead. Strange and since I restarted rF2 not sure why it happen, but did not restart the PC so that might help.

For some reason I got body damage with no visual on the damage indicator, and lost 15s in pit before I mange to abort repairs. JvG then gained the position, but he gave it back by visiting the pit lane again, however the gap to Barrett was to big so it didn't affect the final result.

Let see if we can keep it on the podium for the next race, but I highly doubt it :D:D

• Like Like x 2
  20. Barrett Erickson

Barrett Erickson Pro Driver

Yeah, there were still several cars on the GTE lead lap. By the time i got close to John, Craig had had an issue of some kind and i had a nice margin back to Jens, so there was no need to press just to lap people (although i did try unsuccessfully to best my best time for a couple laps).

Since i started using "Crew Chief" a few months ago, i've found all the added spotter and status info available via a voice command has helped me quite a bit in keeping track of things during a race without thinking about it too much. So i've been making far fewer mistakes. But mostly it's been a string of good luck while others, like today, have had misfortune.

After barely avoiding the 1st lap carnage, i had an amazing 1st stint with close battles front and rear. Great fun! After that, my pit strategy had me running alone most of the last two stints.

Only had a few micro-stutters when someone had crashed somewhere. Pretty sure those could be cured by turning replays off.

An unexpected result, considering i was still problem solving 5 minutes before Q. I hope S397 leaves the GTE's alone for a while now.

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2