rFactor 2 Round 1 Sebring 12 H - Sun Sep 6, 2020

Discussion in 'Endurance League: S397 Endurance Pack Closed' started by John vd Geest, Jul 14, 2020.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
  2. John vd Geest

The only second night race will be Daytona. That track is a lot better on FPS and it has very good night lights.
    Le Mans is also FPS killer at night and it's hard to see.

3. John vd Geest

I got a drive-through penalty for cutting the track. Big surprise in the dark if you can't see :D

Grats to Marcos and Barrett for winning round 1. Very good job guys.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  4. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Paulo Lima

Paulo Lima Pro Driver

Roman did not start the race, but I did .. and my name is no where to be found :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Shame that the LMP2 field was only 5 strong once Roman had left. Hopefully more will show up next time. Had poor fps right from the start. One part of the track was extremely bad with poor fps and input lag. The transition between day and night was excellent and this track looks so good at night. Think this is one of the best tracks in any sim. Only had issues with seeing apexes during the dusk period once it got dark I found the floodlights lit up the track more than adequately to see the track. The guys who had issues may want to adjust there monitors brightness and contrast settings this may help. I may have hit a Ferrari as I went around it I lost the back end of the car and span off. Sorry if I did tag you. Towards the end of the race with about 5 laps to go I got distracted by 2 GTE cars and missed my braking zone. I hit the tire barrier and bent my steering. Bit difficult to drive after that so on the last lap I waited for Marcos to pass and followed him to the flag. Good job I did as I didn't have enough fuel to do another lap.

Well done to Marcos and Barrett :)

Great fun. Love these long races but we must get more LMP2 drivers to make the racing more competitive.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Yep, once again my apologies for not joining last night.

I'm not after sympathy but I recently launched a new website for the company I work for and just spent a ridiculous amount of time working at home rather than spending some time getting ready for this league so just crazy at the moment.

Judging by the performance issues some of you were having, and considering that my PC is a little behind now on tech, probably best that I didn't make it last night! lol :)

But now the launch is done and I can get on with other things, including getting ready for this.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Oli Bateson

Oli Bateson Pro Driver

Fisrtly well done and grats to the winners of both classes.
    Like others have said, this track is very well done and the day/night transition/lighting was really effective. Its a very bumpy circuit which is ok for a shorter race but it sure does start to test you after a few hours.
    The long night racing also seemed to affect my vision a few times.. apologies to Eric when he tried to lap me.. I didnt leave the racing line on purpose at Collier, it was as a result of me not seeing the initial left apex properly and over reacting which sent me wide. I dont think there were any other incidents with the LMP2s lapping even in the dark so well done all!
    I noted an issue with a passing car in the formation lap, so for next time please note your qualy position even when in single file, as I was pushed down a place. Its a long race so I let it go, there's no point being taken out on the formation lap with 2.5 hours to go :)

Happy with 6th in class and a good test for my new rig (pic to follow). C u next race!

• Like Like x 4
  9. John vd Geest

But Andrew ... you are not on that list because you are not a no-show. You said you couldn't make it on the forum before the race. :)

10. John vd Geest

You are right. I'll take him of that list.

• Like Like x 1
  11. John vd Geest

Personal race review

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

yes I know mate but I still feel guilty. Haha. :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Larry Thomas

Larry Thomas Pro Driver Donator

That is not cool particularly considering there were red light drivers.

14. John vd Geest

Sorry, but there were no red light drivers for this event before we started.